youtube.com/watch?v=MMffYIF1Rvc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

the academy is bogus and hollywood is run by jewish pigs

Because it's great.

hype

people wouldn't STFU about it but it's been completely forgotten since then

>God is great bhai

JAAAAIII HOOOOOOOOO

Because it's a great original story which is told very well. Something Hollywood puts out maybe once every few years nowadays.

legit never watch it because the subject wasn't that interesting for me at the time and then i just forgot about it
should i watch it?

Because it checks all the boxes for "best picture". I remember watching it on DVD right after it came out, and sating to people "this is going to win the Oscar for best picture" and they said "you think it's the best movie of the year?" and I said "No, but it's emotionally manipulative as fuck, and it's foreign enough, without being 'foreign'".

>"Frost/Nixon" was robbed that year.

Damn solid film. That is all.

>Who wants to be a Millionaire is a live program

Never cease to rustle my jimmies

Fuck Indians.

>it's foreign enough, without being 'foreign'"
I know exactly what you mean, but I think this is an earned positive of the movie. It takes skill to tell a foreign story and have the native audience accept it. Slumdog Millionaire did that well.

I went into it thinking it was a feel-good story about a poor Indian boy becoming a millionaire through his knowledge. Boy did that torture opening confuse me.

Doesn't some countries actually air it live, though?

Yea, but I feel like most people didn't even watch it, they just said "oh yea, I loved it" so that they didn't look stupid because they didn't want to watch something that might have subtitles. It was just edgy enough for people like us to enjoy it, but safe enough it could go mainstream. I'm not saying it was a bad movie, I just felt like it was made middle of the road intentionally, and for middle class Americans to feel like "oh shit, life it terrible in India, we should do something" without doing anything except reinforcing stereotypes that America is the best, while 3rd world countries are backward.

>Doesn't some countries actually air it live, though?
stop speaking like a nigger

Yah, nah, faggot.

the oscars are a political tool not a standard of quality

playing a nigger on the internet is nothing to be proud of

I liked it, ending scene is beautiful.

It's a nice well structured love story based on a neat idea, I mean a movie based on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire sounds like a terrible idea but this movie managed to build suspense, joy and a well written story that many people loved.

Only underage virgin Sup Forumsfags hate it.

until you realize its nothing but a vehicle to push the idian cultural ideal that "only through destiny can you improve any aspect of your life."

Don't forget how the bad brother is explicitly pointed out to be a practising Muslim rather than Hindu.

The script was original, Danny Boyle did a fantastic job directing it and they used local cast which did a great job.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZiWFn20P8oE

>electrical engineering student
>praises slum dog millionaire

really makes my cranial waves oscillate

youtube.com/watch?v=MMffYIF1Rvc

I cry everytime :')

>oh shit, life is terrible, we should do something

That's exactly how I felt about Spotlight. There's a pattern here

because POO IN LOO

Ever since 28 days Danny Boyle decided to make long music videos rather than films, you could say it worked out for him for some reason

Steve Jobs is the only good film he's done since

Not if you want to see a good movie. You should only watch if you want to see an Indian movie, or if you want to see a movie that did well on the awards circuit.

127 Hours was very solid

They actually showed the designated shitting streets in that movie

virtue signaling. plain and simple.

lol i've never seen that poster with the "what does it take to find a lost love?" thing. that's fucking terrible

post webm faggit

The Oscars are pure plebait and have been for years.

by legitimizing digital cinematography and 2008 being a shitty year for films

Because it's a solid 8/10 movie with a moving story told in a compelling way about a different culture and people also bringing to light some of the issues in India instead of just focusing on white people.

>also bringing to light some of the issues in India
Like what? Not being millionaires?

bc Frieda Pinto is hot af

poo in the loo

Are you really that dense?

No seriously, what does it actually bring to the table? I see people claim this all the time but I really don't see it.

Because shit like that wins Oscars every single year.