What are some films where people have interesting conversations...

What are some films where people have interesting conversations? I enjoy this because I feel like it helps to improve my social skills.

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjR6L_egZTQAhXGwiYKHfPJB_0QFgglMAE&url=http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2014/07/cannibalism-unhealthy-just-awful/&usg=AFQjCNFrcBNtL6RJUV5ljT2wBhh5ANaVtg&sig2=zVmi_QuMDy7C5oq-V7PSOw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

12 angry men
Before Sunrise/Sunset/Midnight
Best Years of our Lives

Those terrible Kevin Smith movies

The Hateful Eight

kek

Gilmore Girls

on the surface, Coffee and Cigarettes
but it's actually pretty shallow

My Dinner With Andre

Any Rohmer movie

Any Linklater film

Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace

John Carney's Once

batman rises

All of Seinfeld.

Seconding this. Amazing movie.

Certain films based on plays. The Iceman Cometh (4 hours of dialogue, basically), Cat on a Hot Tin Roof, etc.

A fair number of older films are specifically based on "witty repartee" as opposed to extensive action/plot development. Philadelphia Story is a good one.

Is this a joke? Which conversations were interesting in Boyhood?

Any Kevin Smith movie

the man from earth

Rope

this
it's literally a good conversation: the movie

Waking life. But it's more a student project than a movie.

Was Hannibal never concerned about the health effects of cannibalism?

Sunset Limited

It's good, but it's more of a monologue.

Twin Peaks is conversation kino for me.

health effects?

Hannibal seems like the last person on Earth who would use one of those stupid coated chef's knives.

Slacker
Clerks
Clerks 2

Any Whit Stillman movie.

Before Sunrise trilogy

I guess the answer is no.

google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjR6L_egZTQAhXGwiYKHfPJB_0QFgglMAE&url=http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2014/07/cannibalism-unhealthy-just-awful/&usg=AFQjCNFrcBNtL6RJUV5ljT2wBhh5ANaVtg&sig2=zVmi_QuMDy7C5oq-V7PSOw

>Depending on what parts are eaten (the most infected include the brain, spinal cord, bone marrow and small intestine), human cannibals run the risk of contracting a fatal prion malady, similar to Creutzfeld-Jacob disease (think Mad Cow), known as kuru.

You can't improve your social skills by watching movies. People in real life do not talk like that.

Horace and Pete

watching Hannibal literally made me salivate and wonder how the human body would taste like

Kuru is endemic to a small native tribe in Papua-Neuguinea and virtually eradicated by now.
It doesn't magically appear from eating human flesh.
go fuck yourself

t. med-student

i taught you can only get Kuru if you eat the brain

They probably don't use real human flesh, so you could reproduce the effect by using common meats.

>They probably don't use real human flesh, so you could reproduce the effect by using common meats.

no shit sherlock

>They probably don't use real human flesh
>probably

Is right in that the sense that
>the most infected include the brain, spinal cord, bone marrow and small intestine
the point is the people need to be infected before getting eaten in order to infect you, and the only way to get infected is to eat an infected and so on.

The Kuru prion started as a random mutation in one tribe member some generations ago and if Patient zero had never been eaten would have died with them. Back when Gajdusek and Blumberg first discovered the disease the tribe already cut back on cannibalism because of the christian missionaries nagging them.

Point is as long as the person you're eating doesn't look pacific islander you wont get it and even then the chances are practically 0% since it comes from a hunter-gatherer tribe that has still very little contact with the outside world.

People are posting some great examples of films with interesting conversations, but I would avoid using these as a template for how to interact with other people. The truth is, most conversations aren't that interesting. Interviews on late-night shows are a little closer to reality, but even then they've done a pre-interview so they already know how to set up the guest to tell interesting stories. Try to find documentaries or interviews where people discuss ideas (rather than just asking a person about an event/person).

It really wasn't, just a joke I didn't bother to make less subtle.

It should have been obvious to you that I was joking.

Came here to post this

I agree, School of Rock is pure conversation-kino
It took 12 years to make... Have some respect.