I'm so pissed at how TWTWB has been abandoned. I mean, the movie flopped and we didn't get a sequel. Fine, whatever...

I'm so pissed at how TWTWB has been abandoned. I mean, the movie flopped and we didn't get a sequel. Fine, whatever. Then we get the first book adapted again but on TV, which was mostly great besides the lame bridge explosion. And there's still no news on season 2 or cancellation. Why redo book 1 if you're never going to do book 2? I wish ABC3 would at least let us know of their future plans, or lack thereof.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomorrow_series#List_of_awards_and_nominations
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Those books were such ass.

You're wrong.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomorrow_series#List_of_awards_and_nominations

>Australian Multicultural Children's Book Award 1994
Australian literature is an embarrassment and our school curriculum is a joke.

It really is. Especially in rural communities.

Also fuck this series.

wait theres a tv series? night sorted, cheers brah
loved these books, me and my mates always have chats about what we'd do if we were invaded and we were stuck in the bush

They were awful.

says you

No shit retard. I guess John Marsden really did help develop your reading and comprehension.

And me. Being an Australian with a genuine interest in literature is suffering.

Get fucked, mate. Your opinion isn't worth shit. TWTWB is one of the most critically acclaimed Australian YA book series.

Better than Red Dawn or worse?

>most critically acclaimed Australian YA
That's about as prestigious as being North Korea's most critically acclaimed taco-chef.

it's basically "what if the Animorphs series was boring as fuck"

Ah yes, who good go against such accolades like Australian Multicultural Children's Book Award 1994, the COOL Awards (Canberra's Own Outstanding List), and the WAYRBAs.

Better. Red Dawn doesn't have the armed forces of New Zealand saving the United States.

Dunno, user. Who good?

As a kiwi, I fucking loved when it got revealed we were pretty much the only ones helping the Aussies. I was a kid, I'd never seen my country even mentioned in other YA stuff.

yeah, blogpost and shit.

>blogpost and shit

I'm certainly not going to fault you for that.

Was it ever even explained who invaded? I don't see how any country could be powerful enough to occupy an entire continent without opposition, yet also weak enough to use its own poverty for propaganda purposes and also to be legitimately threated by the New Zealand army and Australian gorilla warfare.

Even in school this shit seemed too retarded to care about.

It's never explicitly explained. I always thought it would be Indonesia though, which fits them being able to launch a land invasion of Aus, but not NZ.

I always assumed it was China but I only read the first 3 books

Does Indonesia have an air force? Let alone one that could hold its own against even moderately serious foreign intervention? I know that their population is high as fuck but millions of conscripted sweatshop workers occupying a continent sounds retarded to me.

>China
They own 50% of this country, an invasion would damage their assets and hurt their colonists.

>They own 50% of this country, an invasion would damage their assets and hurt their colonists.
I was 13 and don't live in Australia. It's not like I really understood the intricacies of upside-down politics

Indonesia's airforce and navy is a joke. If I remember right in the book they snuck in on commercial ships. Which is fucking retarded.

>It's a movie simply made for guys to fap off to the hot girls
Literally the reason why they made this.

caitlin stasey would have gotten riced in the movie sequel

>They own 50% of this country,
G'day Pauline, how's Canberra?

>implying they don't
it's a joke Zhang, I'm not going to take Cubbie Station from you.

Some Nostradamus scholars interpret quatrain I/37 to mean that in ~2037 Australia and Indonesia will be at war with each other.

Only good thing going for it desu

>Nostradamus scholars
Ancient Aliens has about as much merit

friends with the main chick, didn't have the heart to tell her this show was complete shit