Are the prequels underrated?

Are the prequels underrated?

Other urls found in this thread:

nationalreview.com/article/428730/star-wars-demystified
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The second is trash, the other 2 are fun

No. They are made to sell more toys.

The prequels get a lot of unwarranted hate from idiots who take Star Wars way too seriously.

No

No.

I'd say Episode I is at most a "meh" movie, but still comfy, on par with ROTJ.
But II and III are pure trash.

this.

TFA is not great, but it's still better than the prequels.

>implying TFA isn't a great SW movie
That's where you're wrong friendo. It's easily the best one.

Accurate, Non-Contrarian Ranking established by a lot of members of Sup Forums :

IV >V > VII > VI > III > I > II

You can swap IV and V, as VI and III.

No. Episode 2 is legitimately the worst movie I've ever seen and it disgusts me the amount of money, time, and effort that was wasted on it.

What does Sup Forums thinks, now that Reddit loves the prequels and hates TFA ?

TFA is a terrible film that makes the prequels look like a masterpieces.

You know, people here pretending to like the prequels and to hate TFA are from reddit.

TFA have major flaws but it's still a really comfy and well-made movie.

I'm okay with this.
I'd swap I with III, but that's okay.

That's where you're wrong friendo.

>strok womyn
>insta jedi
>shits all over the lore with snoke

>good

just kys already

Yes. Criticized by the same faggots who say Prometheus is shit and Ridley Scott is senile because the spaceship had an axe in it.

A few critics already rate the prequels above the originals and when they were all shown in China as a prelude to TFA they were more well received. The Original Trilogy is dadrock-classics shit that rides on its reputation more than anything else, Empire in particular.

3 > 2 > 4 > 6 > 1 > 5 >>>>>>> Guardians of the Star Wars: The Reddit Awakens Into Darkness

>stronk womyn, insta jedi

The only real issue with her is that she learns how to use the force too quickly. But with the saber/her defeating Kylo Ren, it's totally normal : she's show using her staff many times, and she knows how to use it. She uses the saber with the same fight moves than with the staff.

And for the "Stronk Womyn" thing, why is it a flaw ?

>Shits all over the lore with snoke

We don't know anything about him. He could be anyone, or anything.

>3 and 2 at the top
>trying to be serious

Or that she knows the millennium falcon better than the guy who has owned it for decades? it's so fucking bs, don't try to justify TFA, it's a terrible film.

Yes, I think that Lucas shooting for tragedy is far more interesting filmmaking than channeling Flash Gordon. And in my opinion it wasn't just a goal, he pulled it off. And yes, I know

>Atari Jaguar gayme graphics he was a good frend

>The Original Trilogy is dadrock-classics shit that rides on its reputation more than anything else, Empire in particular

I'm gonna switch TESB with ANH, otherwise agreed.

>And for the "Stronk Womyn" thing, why is it a flaw ?

because it's forced af, they literally carbon copied and replaced luke but with a female gender

also mary sue

No.

I never liked Star Wars, but the originals had something in them.
Episode I-II-III are among the worst movies i've ever saw.
VII was alright. It was easier to get in it.

My rank, as an exterior point of view, as i'm not a Star Wars fan :

VII > V > IV > VI > I > III > II.

There's nothing to say about episode II.
Episode III is only liked by underage people who thinks it's the best one because "it's d4rk".
Episode I is unenternaining, boring, with no actual characters.
Episode VI have many flaws. It's a bad movie, on par with episode one, because it didn't deliver well to the buildup of episode IV and V.
IV is a meh movie, but I can see why people like it, it's easy to understand, there's a lot of visual storytelling.
V is an okay movie. It's great at the beginning, great at the end, but the middle is really flawed.
VII is a good movie. It takes everything from the originals to make something new and more entertaining. There's major flaws (Snoke, Maz Kanata...), but it's an overall decent movie.

people unironically liking TFA make me lol

>i never liked sw

oh well that explains a lot

she knows it because she worked on it.
She knows there's a compressor because she worked on it, and Han didn't knew how it worked because he didn't worked on it.

It's so fucking simple, why don't you understand that ?

Yeah it's a bit forced with the "DON'T HOLD MUH HAND" thing but I thought that overall, she wasn't a bad character. She wasn't a character anyways. She was there for the plot.

oh, so when you're a SW fan, you can't be objective about a movie ? That's sad.

>runs away like a coward when she has her first vision
>gets her ass kicked by Kylo when they first meet
>mary sue

>tPM
7/10
>AotC
7/10
>RotS
6/10

>ANH
9/10
>ESB
8/10
>ROTJ
6/10

>TFA
6/10

I liked her and she wasn't a mary sue, but she had one real flaw : how the hell does she knows how to use the force ?

Otherwise, everything else is explainable :
-How does she knows how to use the saber ?
-How does she knows how to use the falcon ?

It's easily explainable why, and then almost all the "Mary-Sue" bullshit disappears.................................................................................................................

Yes but not by much. People think they're 2/10 but they're actually 4/10.

>It's so fucking simple, why don't you understand that ?

it really isn't

it makes no sense for the plot to have an outsider know so much about a unique ship when its owner doesn't, other than to promote "womyn in tech" as a marketing ploy to teenage girls

>She wasn't a character anyways

so she's a SHIT character, don't dance around it son

disney is simply trying to coddle to the female nerds for cash, with a half assed attempt

time to start calling things as they are

>runs away like a coward when she has her first vision

for 5 minutes?

>gets her ass kicked by Kylo when they first meet

last time i checked she beat kylo, completely shitting the lore in the process

>TPM
6/10
>AOTC
2/10
>ROTS
4/10
>ANH
8/10
>ESB
8/10
>ROTJ
6/10
>TFA
8/10

>the same contrarians who like the complete disaster that was Prometheus are also defenders of the inane prequel shite

I will never understand the people who praise Revenge Of The Sith. Some of the most atrocious dialogue I have EVER head in a movie, and such contrived plot conveniences and inane, overly long action sequences. Also the same people that shit on TFA for being derivative are somehow okay with ROTS even though it is literally a pastiche of cameos masquerading as a movie.

>It's CHEWBACCA TM
>It's DARTH VADER TM
>it's THE DEATH STAR TM
>FANJIZZ 45 MINUTE LIGHTSABER FIGHT

>TPM

>AOTC

>ROTS

>ANH

>ESB

>ROTJ

>TFA

>TPM
3/10
>AOTC
2/10
>ROTS
4/10
>ANH
7/10
>ESB
8/10
>ROTJ
6/10
>TFA
5/10

>TPM
0/10
>AOTC
0/10
>ROTS
0/10
>ANH
7/10
>ESB
8/10
>ROTJ
5/10
>TFA
6/10

Oh, so having a woman who knows thing is the problem ?
What did I fucking expect, I'm on fucking Sup Forums.

She wasn't a shit character, she was, as Luke and Anakin in their first movie, here for the sake of the plot. But she wasn't bad.

she beats Kylo because :
-He's injured
-Dude just killed his father and feels bad for it
-She knows how to use the saber because of her staff, she uses it the same way.
-At the end she wins because she "embrace" the anger and the hate (Darkside, it's heavily implied).

>Oh, so having a woman who knows thing is the problem ?

there is not enough suspension of disbelief when it comes to her knowing all those things about the millenium falcon when han doesn't

>She wasn't a shit character, she was, as Luke and Anakin in their first movie, here for the sake of the plot. But she wasn't bad.

she's a terrible mary sue character because it takes YEARS for someone to learn how to use the force (as witnessed in the case of anakin and luke who had actual character development) at the most basic level let alone beat a master

you're either a mangina that gets off on domineering women or a smelly cunt who just found out about sw

>miss once, never miss again
>knows falcon better than han
>oh right, i learned jedis exist 10 min ago, mind controls someone
>shreks kylo ren in force off, twice
>reks kylo ren in lightsaber battle
>is altruistic af even though having grown up a scavenger
>DONT HOLD MY HAND

>for 5 minutes?
Only because the plot intervenes, not because she has some change of heart. She's a distinctly flawed character.

>last time i checked she beat kylo, completely shitting the lore in the process
That was their second fight you idiot. If you can't follow the plot of a Star Wars movie I can't help you.

>last time i checked she beat kylo
Last time I checked he had an open bleeding stomach wound, which is widely known to be just about the most painful place you can be shot apart from maybe the kneecaps. Also he held back because he wants her to join him at that point. He says so. Pay attention.

>completely shitting the lore
Lucas already did that.

>anakin had character development

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Lucas already did that.

lucas MADE it you idiot

holy shit these 15 year olds

the list was actually so long i forgot something
>IVE NEVER FLOWN B4, lol lemme just through this narrow pathway the trained pilots struggled to navigate with a much lighter craft, then ill do this little flip and there ez gg

>implying I don't know that

He made it and then shitted all over it with the prequels. He is the foremost expert in ruining the good ideas of his youth, and the much more talented people who were around him during his youth.

>holy shit these 15 year olds
Stop projecting.

much more than ray

haha i forgot about that one

>miss once, never miss again
what are you talking about there ?

>knows falcon better than han
because she worked on it, and knows how the compressor worked. It's liked you have a nice case when you put your things, you loose it, and you find it but with a lock on it.

>oh right, i learned jedis exist 10 min ago, mind controls someone

You got this. That's one of her real flaws.

>shreks kylo ren in force off, twice.
Once, i believe ? And yeah it was one of the flaws.

>reks kylo ren in lightsaber battle
Totally normal, if you watched with attention, she uses the saber the same way she uses her staff.

>is altruistic af even though having grown up a scavenger

Mhh. Yes ? It's... normal ?

>DONT HOLD MY HAND

Yea. I'm not okay with the "DON'T HOLD MUH HAND" thing too but it's not a flaw.

>much more than ray

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>because she worked on it, and knows how the compressor worked. It's liked you have a nice case when you put your things, you loose it, and you find it but with a lock on it.

she didn't work on the falcon you idiot she fixed it the instant she first stepped in

shut up cunt you have no clue

she barely knows how to fly it. She damages it.
It's implied she flied with other ships before.

>I want to be a Jedi
>now I don't want to be a Jedi
>I'm mad I couldn't save my mommy
>I had a bad dream now I'm evil

Is all of this plotfaggotry really how you intend to determine whether or not the movie's good? Is whether or not Rey was as good a pilot as she should have been what makes or breaks this movie?

>shut up cunt you have no clue

Man, I love making aspies this angry.

she did work on the falcon, or at least she knows how the compressor works.

In the book The Awakening (It think it's called like that), she knows how to use a ship with a compressor i believe.

dude Rey is not a good character but she's far better than Anakin

The first one was dull, the second dumb, and the last boring. The last twenty minutes of the third was nice but the spoken bits were kinda silly.
But the universe building was expansive and the scenery, though dull, was WAY MORE INVOLVING THAN THE SHIT AWAKENS.

>what are you talking about there ?
when chased by stormtroopers on yodaripoffplanet she fires her gun, misses, then proceeds to solo 5ish stormtroopers with a pistol, vs their rifles.

>because she worked on it...

was it even implied?

>once i believe?

first in interrogation, second when he tried to pull lukes lightsaber

>totally normal

her fighting style had nothing to do with it, fighting with a staff that has an even balance is incomparable to fighting with a lightsaber where all the weight is placed at the hilt, not to mention her opponent was implied, highly trained during his entire life, not to mention according to its own lore anger and pain only feed siths with strength

>mhh. Yes ?

its not normal when you grow up orphaned and have to scavenge trash to survive in a harsh desert planet

but keep enjoying your feces

no, it's about defending the whole movie.

TFA is a really underrated movie.

This. It's a Star Wars movie. Good characters are good at stuff and bad characters get defeated. It was never any more complicated than that. It's funny that not one iota of all this overanalysis of TFA is used on the prequels

i'm not familiar or care about the book, i'm talking about the terrible MOVIE here

>dude Rey is not a good character but she's far better than Anakin

i disagree

i think people get too tangled up with christensen's terrible acting, but the character itself wasn't bad

better than rey the mary sue anyway

>why are the stormtroopers so ineffective in the new Star Wars movie

Jesus Christ you are stupid.

>keep enjoying your feces

But you're the one who likes the prequels, not me.

No, they're bad, but they're still better than The Force Awakens.

see

>a film
>the plot doesn't matter

She kills one or two stormtroopers, not five.

>she worked in the falcon ? is it implied ?
Yes it is, in a book.

>force pulling the saber

oh yeah it's part of the whole flaw about her learning too quickly.

>the fighting style
it was similar.

dude you're reapeating yourself, you have literally no argument.

If anything they're overrated purely because there are somehow STILL defenders out there who won't admit they are horrible shit.

That's where you're wrong. The Shit Awakens was trash and it made no sense, at all. Everyone claimed it was better than the prequels but it wasn't and it made no logical sense, which only made it worse than the prequels. Sure, the prequels were a bit of a let down and they were dull and uninteresting, but, the music was great, the characters, although underdeveloped and kinda silly, was some of the more colorful and funnier aspects within the entirety of the lore; Mace Windu, the Wu Shu god. Yoda the two feet tall grand abbot, and the dark Zen master, Sidious. Who can forget Anakin's I hate sand, or Natlie's tits.
The shit awakens was just a shitty imitation of a better movie.

No, that's TFA

>i have a vagina
>jedi master after 5 minutes
>millennium falcon's engineer after 5 minutes
>don't hold my hand silly boiz :3

It's sad that people like you think that fan film abortion of a picture that was the shit awakens was in any way actual Star Wars lore. The shit awakens Mary Sue and the silly plot of the rebels becomes the resistance or some such shit.

It's a movie, not a film. And it's a Star Wars movie, on top of that. Honestly the plot is not terribly important.

>THE PLOT IS NOT IMPORTANT IN A MEDIUM BASED ON PLOT

>the prequels were better because of how memorably awful they are

You kinda have a point there.

And by underrated you mean shitty as hell, then yes, it is a horribly underrated fart smell that has seemingly permeated the miasma of the ever expanse with its gaseousness.

>>Totally normal
so you're just fucking delusional then. your other points are dumb but not that removed from reality but saying that mary sue cunt would beat a sith thats been training his entire life is totally normal? Come the fuck on

IT'S A MOVIE ABOUT SPACE WIZARDS YOU AUTISTIC FAGGOT

>a really underrated movie
I'd disagree. It felt like a soulless imitation that didn't understand or care about Lucas' work beyond the pop-culture memes. The jump from 3 to 7 is awfully jarring. We go from the character-tragedy that the series spent decades building up to to reverting to a pulpy comic-book action flick that feels dated the moment the credits roll.

I still think that the characters are weak, but I try to focus more on principles than individual details. Them being really good at everything doesn't really make danger feel tense or victories earned. And their glib, quippy personalities felt really out of place and almost insolent when the old stuff was on screen. Like they're saying 'yeah, we're totally star wars now, we can meme the fuck out of this scene just as hard as Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill because we're Rey and Finn, who doesn't love us?' I feel like a certain reverence for the source material was strongly lacking. That 'do I talk first?' scene was probably the most off-putting thing I've ever seen in a sequel. Blowing up Kris Kristofferson in Blade 3 didn't hurt that badly.

plot matters, but discussions on engineering ability and the odds of winning fights are missing the forest for the trees.

>A MEDIUM BASED ON PLOT
Visuals > sound > storytelling

doesn't mean it doesn't have a plot

unless your brain and attention span are so small all you can bother to watch is excvplozions

That's what really grieved me. Not that she's a girl or whatever the hell they think we're threatened by, but for the mere fact that a master takes years of practice, After you've been trained. Rey goes from not believing in the force to defeating a dark jedi in all of a few hours. it took me right out of the movie. I hate TFA so much.

he is barely trained.
he was injured, he just killed his dad.
He wanted her to come with him, so he doesen't want to kill her.

She used her anger to win.

The Phantom Edit showed that the first one was salvagable

Attack of the Clones is mess

Revenge of the Sith could have been much better but is a ok flick to watch

Despite the problems i fail to see why i should continue hating on Lucas when Hollywood took such a nose dive over the last decade pretty much copying his errors (overuse of CGI and greenscreen/bad scripts).

>i have a vagina

Let's be honest here, that's your REAL issue with the character, isn't it?

>jedi master after 5 minutes

She's force sensitive. She also was easily defeated and kidnapped by Kylo when they first met, only learned how to mind read by having her mind read, and only defeated Kylo at the end because he was gravely wounded and holding back for means of recruiting her, the EXACT SAME REASON why Luke survived his Darth Vader encounter in ESB.

>millennium falcon's engineer after 5 minutes

She bypassed the compressor - whatever that means - and managed to not crash it into the ground. Han offered her a job because he isn't that great at what he does. See for reference him smuggling nightmare cthulu monsters on his ship. Oh, and who accidentally let them out? Oh right. Rey did. But she's such a perfect mary sue she never makes mistakes right?

>don't hold my hand silly boiz :3

You are so butthurt about a woman being tough, why are you okay with Leia or Padme?

Also, she takes HIS hand two seconds later, which was the point of that line being there in the first place. She doesn't trust him and then begins to start trusting him. You were just sperging so hard about MUH FEMINAZI AGENDA that you failed to see the point of it even being there.

but all of these ridiculous subplots DO happen because vagina

the fact that they replaced luke with a woman is not something to ignore, the terrible writing is because disney wanted to market sw to women for dem cash, so they made the most half-assed effort of an all powerful mary sue character possible

>Rey goes from not believing in the force to defeating a dark jedi in all of a few hours

A dark jedi who was gravely wounded and holding back on purpose.

shut up cunt, you think you're opaque but you're not

go be a dyke for all i care you piece of shit

>Let's be honest here, that's your REAL issue with the character, isn't it?

Not him but i find it funny how female characters only became a problem when feminist social justice types took over and collectively everyone is ignoring the immense number of great female characters nerds have been obsessed for decades throughout several sub cultures

They were shitty but they were memorably shitty. LIke who can forget the annoyance that was jar jar binks, i mean as i watched him in theaters i couldn't help but realize just how bad a character he was. So bad in fact and such an unbelievably lucky gag caricature, that I kinda believed he had to be some kind of god in mortal form of some malevolent entity taking a piss. But Anakin's sand in my mangina speech, and Natalie's succulent tits peeking through everything she wore, to Yoda prancing about and trolling Dooku, I really and honestly loved that scene, to Dooku negotiating with the Immitation Jews, the Munns bankers, about funding the seperatist, was all kinda telling and memorable---George Lucas was seemingly grabbing pop culture references and everything else he came across, maybe even the Rothchilds conspiracy and throwing it all in there. Prequels were so awful that they were just memorable. I could watch them all over and over and over again and see something I missed that George probably just threw in there to take up room or to reference something he read or heard about.

The Force Awakens was a pile of shit the original Star Wars shat one night after some bad tacos.

Jesus christ, look at how ANGRY he is! You really oughta take some time off from Sup Forums before you give yourself a prolapse.

Threadly reminder that Jar Jar Binks was the mastermind villain behind the events of the first movie before the full blown REEEEEEEEEEEEE-tier reception of TPM made Lucas second-guess himself.

>Critics liked it
>Normies liked it
>Intelligent people is ok with it
>Prequel apologists are still butthurt

Makes me kek everytime.

holy shit that gif is the greatest thing I have ever seen

>critics liked it
Hipster bloggers who sincerely think that Game of Thrones is still well-written liked it. Critics shit on it.

Seriously. If they hate Rey's hand holding so much, why are they alright with Leia saying "Somebody has to save our skins!" and blasting stormtroopers away with ease in the original? Oh right, because Leia wore a sexy bikini.

You're so full of shit. Take on an MMA fighter with that anger of yours and have him break that anger and shove it up your ass. Kylo was trained by Luke, you ditz. Rey was a never trained mary sue who for no reason trumped a light saber master. Try as hard as you might, she's a dull uninteresting shitty character that's even worse than Triple X. And even he gets away because he was an acclaimed dare devil before the events of the film.

No one was more force sensitive than Anakin, you moronic simpleton, and that didn't save him from Dooku's saber. As bad as the prequels were at the very least they were believable. TFA was garbage and Rey's even more garbage. If the gorilla looking negro bested Kylo I WOULD HAVE BELIEVED THAT because we know he was trained a soldier his entire life. Rey grew up collecting junk.

>Critics shit on it

[citation needed]

>Oh right, because Leia wore a sexy bikini.

So in your mind people hated Leia for two movies until she got naked? Are you that insane?

Say all you want cunt, but you defending a terrible movie simply because "it has womyn" says a lot about your gender. Leave my site and never come back.

>I rate the prequels

nationalreview.com/article/428730/star-wars-demystified

>inb4 'CONTRARIAN' *mic drop* and then we never hear from you again
if you think White should be thrown out address what he says

>episode 1 is on par with RotJ

what the fuck, I feel like people willfully ignore how great most of RotJ actually is, especially all the jabba stuff early on.
But really, RotJ will always have it's proponents because of shipfags like me.

it is the shipfag kino.

>but dude MMA
Has nothing to do with anything

>Kylo was trained by Luke
We didn't see that yet so we don't know what the circumstances were. For all you know it was a week. Also he'd naturally perceive a grave disturbance in the force about the boy - just like they did in your precious prequels - and would hold back on teaching him certain things.

>for no reason trumped a light saber master
HE WAS SHOT IN THE FUCKING STOMACH AND BLEEDING EVERYWHERE. Also no one ever said he was a master, he's competent. Plus is lightsaber is an unstable piece of shit.

>Triple X
Are you some kind of moron? What the hell does that have to do with anything?

>that didn't save him from Dooku's saber
He cut Dooku's head off last I checked

>the gorilla looking negro
Your true colors are showing, Sup Forumsfag.

>defending a terrible movie simply because "it has womyn"
I've provided a list of reasons. Don't be thick.
>your gender
Top kek, I must be a woman because I disagree with you? Holy shit you are autistic.
>Leave my site and never come back
No.