What message was this movie supposed to convey?

What message was this movie supposed to convey?

There was obviously a lot of symbolism going on but I didn't catch all of it.

You can't stop the inevitable fucking once it's your turn.

Aren't you carrying the fire, OP?

i think the message is don't steal to be honest

Pretty much the same theme that runs through all of McCarthy's work.

That violence is an inescapable force of nature and sometimes expresses itself in human form to such an extent that ideas of humanity and virtue are completely eclipsed by the brutish nature of hostile reality.

Well said user, I've thought the same but couldn't put it into words. It's funny how we amaze ourselves time and time again of what savage actions we're capable of.

Every time there is a thread like this I highly question if OP even cares. There are legitimate essays written on McCarthy's work, Coens' work and combination of it, NCFOM. You could read them if you gave one fuck

You're a little wierded out aren't you?

watch out for bad hombres

You don't always get closure.

Beware of the dude with the weird hairdo.

>the ending was bad on purpose

messages are for plebs

There is no singular message you should "get".
Movies aren't puzzles which you have to put together in a certain kind of way to "get" them.

Also
>There was obviously a lot of symbolism going on

There was zero to none symbolism, it is pretty straightforward.
Symbolism is the lowest ranking artistic tool and only hacks use it constantly and are proud of it (for example Snyder or Jodorowsky)

Thhaats not true.

Here's a quote from Tarkovsky himself:

>I am an enemy of symbols. Symbol is too narrow of a concept for me in the sense that symbols exist in order to be deciphered. An artistic image on the other hand is not to be deciphered, it is an equivalent of the world around us. Rain in Solaris is not a symbol, it is only rain which at certain moment has particular significance to the hero. But it does not symbolise anything. It only expresses. This rain is an artistic image. An image cannot be a symbol in my opinion. Whenever an image is turned into a symbol, the thought becomes walled in so to speak, it can be fully deciphered. A symbol contains within itself a definite meaning. An image — as opposed to a symbol — is indefinite in meaning. One cannot speak of the infinite world by applying tools that are definite and finite."

You should move to a small town, somewhere the rule of law still exists. You will not survive here. You are not a wolf, and this is a land of wolves now.

*tips fedora*

haha fucking Sicario was such a piece of garbage film like nothing from 2015

Easily top 3 worst films I've sene

But the ending was great

Sup Forums and normies loves Villeneuve

Of course I understand why easy films with polished look and edgy appereances speak to normies but boy based on his films the dude is genuinely double digit IQ

It's somewhat overrated

Why be a memefaggot and say that it is "easily top 3 worst" you have seen.

Really? So bad?

It is just your defense mechanism firing up because everyone else likes it and the only flaw you can say is the narrative is not complex, which isn't much of a flaw in a visual medium.

You don't have to like it, but it is basically retarded to think it is one of the worst ever.

Sicario, Requiem for a Dream & Zero Dark 30 are the worst films I've seen.

>Everyone likes it.
At the time of watching it and deeming it insultingly simple, streamlined, idiotic I did not know how it was praised or hated

Could you be any more of a pleb?

Not him, but Requiem for a Dream is shit

You hate them because they are critically and normie acclaimed worldwide, but you didn't enjoy them.

I am sure you saw worse movies in your life no matter how pleb you are.
Most capeshit is worse than those 3 you mentioned.

Don't over exaggerate just to make your point stand out.

It is objectively a fantasticly well put together movie. Maybe you don't like three subject matter, but you can't say anything else is bad without me considering you incapable of judging movies objectively and critically. It had good cinematography, great scoring, decent casting, fantastic wardrobe an makeup, and solid acting.

>Most capeshit is worse than those 3 you mentioned.
No not really. They aren't inexcusably and dangerously simplistic films about multifaceted issues with stupid statements to make about them after giving their arguments, they're mostly escapism (though their production quality is low, like made for TV) with silly shit.

Mean while all three of those films really dumb down the things dangerously and ZD30 is basically a CIA propaganda film, RFAD is like a silly MMM DRUGS ARE BAD film (not what is ment to be).

Not that I value Villeneuve's "I let Deakins shadow direct my two latest films" films at all. They're all pretty bad. Same with David. No idea why Bigelow made such a turd, she is a good director that I really like.

chigur was determinism

the cop was deontology

>"i got here the same way the coin did"
>"if the rule got you here, what good is the rule?"

>It is objectively a fantasticly well put together movie. Maybe you don't like three subject matter, but you can't say anything else is bad without me considering you incapable of judging movies objectively and critically. It had good cinematography, great scoring, decent casting, fantastic wardrobe an makeup, and solid acting.

Hi friend, what movie are you talking about?

It's overly stylized to the point of obnoxiousness and hamfisted in pretty much every aspect. The message of the film is so fucking overt that it may as well be the words "DON'T DO DRUGS" flashing on the screen for 90 minutes.

>objectively and critically.
It reads like a parody of drug use which it certainly isn't supposed to be. It's a failure of a film.

Are you mentally retarded or something? Follow the reply chain.

Hey wait a second, if you're responding as if you're the other guy, does that mean you're samefagging and pretending not to? For shame, user. What a goof.

queer