Shows you dropped

Post em and reasons. Anons try to tell you why you should give it another go.

example:
walking dead (read comics..)
arrow
suits
atlanta (how bad was this)
preacher (read comics...)

Doctor Who

It became liberal sjw bullshit

when did you stop? friend just started watching it (like season 2) and he said I should check it out

>Gotham
They kept being new villain characters without developing the ones already introduced

>Arrow
>The flash
Terrible acting, story writing among other things

>game of thrones
S5 mereen and dorne bullshit

Shows I dropped
>Arrow
>The Flash
>Gotham
>Miami Vice
>The Wire
>Hannibal (never watched season 3)
>Bates Motel
>Homeland

Shows I should have dropped but i watch them for inertia
>Mr Robot
>Game of Thrones

I dropped Game of Thrones when they ran out of books and started to make shit up.
I can't think of anything else I dropped, I tend to finish whatever I start whenever possible.

>The Walking Dead
>Bla Bla England and Magic
>Vikings
>Black Sails
>Sons of Anarchy
>Spartacus
>Horace and Pete
>Boardwalk Empire
Because they're shit and I'm sure I forgot some titles.

Right, I forgot Homeland and Game of Thrones.

Dropped Walking Dead, because it just didn't have much good in it.
Game of Thrones for same reasons.
Arrow, Flash, Legends of Tomorrow are all just fairly crappy.
Supernatural - watched like 9 seasons because of friends, couldn't take anymore crap.
Gotham got dull.
Doctor Who became plain stupid and self-inconsistent, in part because Moffat took control.
Sherlock is just not that well written.
If I watched House MD today, I would have dropped that too, but I finished it a couple of years ago
Same with Dexter, most likely.

the.. wire? try it again with subtitles maybe. season 3 & 4 are the best imo.

nothing unfairly dropped here. maybe horace and pete, i actually liked their depression-core a bit.

want to pick up spongbob again, anyone know of a sight that has all the episodes

season 2 deadwood it just i don't know what happened
got after the dreadfort scene

How can you say you'd drop House? It's great.

Stranger Things (became racist)

Wait, I'm confused. Did you or the show become racist?

You sure you're not nostalgia'ing after it? It had a ton of great moments and scenes, but it had 8 seasons to do that, and a lot of the connecting stuff is just not that good. It was extremely formulaic most of the time, and a lot of the episodes that were unconventional on purpose failed by trying to be different in the most obvious ways.

The supporting cast was mostly great and the character interactions were nice too, but the overall arc of the show was just generally just not there. Also, season 8 had like 3 good episodes, and a ton of REALLY bad ones.

go ooon

I was already racist, but the show caught up with me.

>Arrow (after season 2 finale)
>Archer (Vice was the worst JUST ive seen an entire show go through)
>The walking dead (during the governors filler episodes)
>Blacklist (i just lost interest before finishing season 1)

They refuse to replace all the children with beautiful transwomyn of colour and it literally raped me.

>Arrow (after season 2 finale)
Wish I had done it then, it went really downhill right after that point.

Ha, ha, so funny

The Fall. Really loved this show to, it's really intense. But after she gives her "it's misogyny" I couldn't take her seriously anymore.

I mean seriously serial killers are mostly mentally ill abuse victims. Just to pump of the feminism factor they have her spout off fucking nonsense.

the 100
arrow
the flash (almost immediately)
mr robot
BSG
sleepy hollow
cowboy bebop
gravity fall
chosen
fate/stay night
Sword Art Online
POWER
the knick
Assassination Classroom
The Musketeers
Parks and recreation
justified

and so many others

Not him, but i've been re watching it and it's fucking abysmal. Like, they're actually stuck in hell and are forced to have the same shitty interactions, they literally learn nothing, always talking about how much they know each other without demonstrating it. It has some good episodes, like the ones focused around Chase, and some god awful, like that Cuddy episode with the sociopath lab clerk who stole pills for a meth lab

reasons :
the 100 (boring ans shitty)
arrow (boring ans shitty)
the flash (almost immediately because this is garbage)
mr robot (boring) i'll maybe try again some day
BSG (boring)
sleepy hollow (not very good) I like the characters so I will give it another chance
cowboy bebop (boring)
gravity fall (boring)
chosen (most boring shit i've ever seen)
fate/stay night (don't know)
Sword Art Online (shitty)
POWER (boring)
the knick (boring)
Assassination Classroom (garbage)
The Musketeers (absolute garbage)
Parks and recreation (not funny at all)
justified (boring)

>justified
>BSG
You are a fucking idiot

>Preacher
I also read the comics and liked it even though it was different. Not gonna try to convince you to pick it up again though, if you didn't like it initially, it doesn't change enough to alter your opinion.
>The Wire
Depending on how far in you got. When I initially started watching it, I dropped it after the first or second episode, then tried picking it up again later. You have to give it a little time for the characters and setting to grow on you.
>Horace and Pete
I can understand if you were expecting comedy from Louis or if you just don't like that kind of depressing drama. It's one of the best shows in recent years and is really short, so consider finishing it if you enjoyed any part.

>boring
>the most plebeian of complaints
Go watch naruto

walking dead
badlands

I wish they would just keep it 1:1 when doing an adaptation of a comic/book. Would've worked too.

Parks only gets funny from season 2 on. I also had a couple of tries (with years of pause) to get into it. But its worth it.

What shows do you consider to not be boring, shitty garbage?

>The fear of the walking dead
sooo boring and uninteresting. doesnt need to exist
>Stranger Things
I could not find the appeal after 2 episodes and quit
>True Detective
I like Matt but I could not stay interested for the life of me

I enjoyed The Knick so much but never met anyone who liked it. The whole mood and the music (dark electronic beats) really pulled me in. Give it another go maybe, it barely has any action tho so it might be "boring" for you all the way through.

>True Detective
Try season 2, it's much better.

>>Horace and Pete
Only liked the old guy who's giving everybody shit.
I just can't stand shows anymore, I guess. Seinfeld and the early Three Stooges and Popeye stuff is the only material I can watch without feeling like swallowing shit.

dont't agree senpai. barely could finish season 2.

>Bla Bla England and Magic
Are you referring to Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell?

>big bang theory
obvious really, I'm surprised I made it as far as season 7-8 or whatever
>Heroes
dropped it literally at the last episode of the final season I don't even know why, I could've at least watch one more episode, but the show turned to such shit I couldn't even bear 5 more minutes of it
>How I met your mother
You know how you keep watching a show even though it's shit just because you're used to watching it? I just sat there one day and thought "why am i watching this crap?" and deleted the rest of the episodes, I was at the last season, I heard it had a shitty ending anyway so I didn't miss anything.
>game of thrones
Just wasn't my cup of tea. Maybe I'll give it another shot, because of how well made it is.

Thanks for reminding me of Hannibal having a 3rd season, I wanted to watch this since it came out but I always forget.

which was fantastic by the way..
did a really good job packing the book into the episodes.

>nostalgia
No, I'm watching it for the first time now, I'm on episode 3 of season 4.

Westworld

Fuck this pseudo-intellectual cliche shit and its forced cuckoldry.

From Dusk Till Dawn The Series
Big Bang Theory
The Blacklist
Sleepy Hollow
The Musketeers
Agents of SHIELD

Reason - I got my house in order.

I'm on the cusp of dropping Suits. I don't know if I can handle another season of melodrama. I'm thankful a tonne of other shit shows that I watched got cancelled though.

I dropped The Strain after a couple episodes but I watch now because I find the bad story and acting funny.

>not liking cynical fuck & kill themeparks

Also I watched Agents of SHIELD for the same reasons. It's comically bad.

Yeah, that's it.

Mr. Robot > Cliche'd, silly and edgy writing.
The Walking Dead > Simply too dull to hold my interest after the first couple of episodes, also I didn't like the characters.
Boardwalk Empire > Good show, but I took too long to pick it back up again and I find it hard to get back into the story.
True Detective Season 2 > Heard only bad things about it, and the first episode didn't grip me. Still don't know if it's any good. But compared to S1 what can be?
Dexter > After the season 2 finale I'd had my fill. And I've heard that was the best stopping point anyway.
Agents of Shield > Could not even finish the first episode. I never say anything like this, but I think unironically, the world would be better off if we killed anyone who after seeing one episode thought to themselves: "Yes, I'd like more of this please."

nothing happens: the show

they went heavy with the villain of the week thing, but that's stopped now

This happened to me too. Great show and everything but for some reason I get bored somewhere in the first or second season and have to go do something else.

I don't consider shows that I stop watching in one season to be "dropped." That's just a compatibility thing, IMO.

Real dropped shows:

>The Blacklist
I dropped towards the beginning of S3. It just became a bit too annoying to watch: it was almost too aware that Spader and the "are they father-daughter or are they not?" plotlines were the ONLY things worth watching.

>Mr Robot
Dropped at the finale. Yes, I know, "see you next year", but I realized the show was edging towards S3 Hannibal levels of pretension. Speaking of pretentious...

>Hannibal
>The Leftovers
Hannibal at the beginning of S3; Leftovers like 3 minutes into S2. I have no interest in suffering for good TV. Fuck that.

>HIMYM
Huge quality dive in quality at season 6/7, can't remember. But from the premiere of that season, I knew it was dead -- catching a few episodes of the final season just reiterated that feeling.

>Bob's Burgers
If anyone reads this, this will probably be the biggest "WTF." But I really, really liked the show in the early seasons -- the later episodes were just hit-and-miss and significantly more annoying. I still catch it here and there on Adult Swim, but I can see the quality difference between the early and newer episodes there, too.

Horace and Pete is just SJW agenda and kill whitey hidden under a layer of what normie pseudo SJW call edgy

i dropped it at episode 8

Honestly, the Wire is goat until season 5. Then it becomes garbage until series finale, at which point you're forced to watch a shit season to see a decent wrap up.

Fucking young faglings, don't know Alan Alda by name.

I know it's animu, but I dropped Death Note after like episode 8 where he went to that school.

alt right T R I G G E R E D

>pseudo-intellectual
what

I couldn't find a thread to ask this, and it isn't worth a thread on it's own, so:

I dropped the walking dead at s5e6 a year ago and I want to pick it back up but I forgot season 5 completely, and season 4 partially. Is there like a summary video on youtube or anything like that that will get me back into it?

read the comics, ignore the series.

or just torrent em and "skipwatch" what you don't remember.

West World. First episode.

>Prison Break
I watched the first season and got really angry at the every-episode-ends-with-a-cliffhanger thing, I felt it insulted me as a viewer. Didn't care about the characters and story anyway.

>Big Bang Theory
Stopped watching a couple of years ago, at the beginning of season 6 or 7, don't remember. It just became completely unfunny, like not even one giggle per episode.

I'm also about to drop Westworld. Episodes are boring and the story doesn't seem to lead somewhere, it feels like I've seen the same episode five times. Characters are unlikable too. I'll probably finish the season but it's hanging by a thread.

That show was amazing you fucking shit. When/why did you drop it?

atlanta was pretty decent just finished the last episode

Mr Robot -Too many close ups of his wimpy sniveling horrendous face.

Dropped Suits too, too repetitive and I felt like I was in work or something not watching entertainment.

Dropped it after season 7. Was pretty into it until season 5

Westworld. Show is pretty boring and is designed exclusively for fags to speculate about its numerous mysterious on forums and I just don't find it compelling enough to do that. And the answer to mysteries in shows always end up being really underwhelming. I also have yet to find a single likeable or interesting character.

hannibal ( never watched 3rd season)
twin peaks (after the murderer was known i couldnt tolerate it anymore)
tbbt (started dragging in season 3 but held on till season 6)
brooklyn nine nine (after season 2 i lost all interest)
seinfeld (just couldnt get immersed in it after 2 seasons so i called it quits)
the 50+ other shows i have watched, i finished completly

>BREAKING BAD IS SO GOOD
>dropped it right after Jessie buys his parent's hous

>GOT mid season 4 (Im a reader)

>Walking Dead
>Neegan

>HOMELAND IS SO GOOD AND WELL WRITTEN
>Dropped after episode 5

>Dropped Scrubs after JD has his kid

The only tv series Ive finished are:

>True Detective
>Pacific
>BoB
>Generation kill
>Friends
>Futurama
>Hannibal
>Lost

>The Walking Dead (Up to this season)
not even necessarily knowing negan kills asian guy, but:

-noticing the predictable pattern Rick and pals have of reaching a safe space, uncovering something they shouldn't have / arguing with the new townsfolks and sabotaging the safe space only to have to escape and continue their journey to another safe space
-no plot progression for vast majority of episodes, save for """"character development"""" in which boring characters get even more boring as they mope over something that happened an episode or two ago (lots of silent stares, L'me ask you sum'n Rick moment, and generic kill zombies, find loot filler)
-zombies are becoming comedically less threatening as rick and co are essentially gibbing them with everything but their bare hands at this point
-shitty cgi

I'm tempted to start back up to see the kangz guy and his tiger, but fuck me I could do without the filler. I've come to dislike every single character at this point.

I dropped TWD. Story goes nowhere and every episode is a cliffhanger.

Dropped Westworld after two eps, twist is obvious they're all androids in Hopkins computer/coma/whatever stupid story thing

Dropped Arrow, Amell fucking the annoying blonde irl ruined the show, but im thankful it made Flash possible.

May drop Shameless but will probably binge it when its really cold out

x files

the last season was completely unwatchable. if you've seen it I don't even have to explain.

also, i really hated Doggett, I swear he had the same facial expression for the duration of the show

I should've dropped GoT after season 3 but I didn't and I feel ashamed.

I usually don't drop shows, I mean I managed to finish through Californication and some of the absolute garbage final seasons, but these a re a few I remember

Entourage
>I didn't actively 'drop it' but I think I got to around season 4 and it was pretty samey, I mean it wasn't bad but I dunno

Walking Dead
>Dropped at season 2, or whenever Shane died

Suits
>found it pretty shitty after a while, too formulaic and the way they overuse 'goddamn' etc. really got to me

The Shield
>

Archer
>just went to shit in my opinion

Narcos
>pretty decent but I dunno, I just fell off halfway through season 1. I'll probably give it another go at some point, but it's not near the top of my watchlist

Flaked
>pretty shit, then again I really haven't enjoyed many Netflix originals apart from Bloodline

Twin Peaks
>they revealed the killer's identity and actually expected me to keep watching out of interest for some boring town in buttfuck nowhere.

shit I forgot to say why on The Shield

It was mainly because I just finished The Wire and wanted something similar to fill the gap, but it wasn't what I was looking for at the time, I'll definitely give it another go though, it was fairly good

What are Mr.Whiskers' prices? I'm interested in purchassing

i dropped preacher around the 4th episode. everything about it was just terrible, especially tulip, that is worst character i have seen on tv in a long time.

Rome

Can't seem to find any episodes after 22

Archer Vice

Fuck me I can't believe the show is still going after that shit. Ratings went from the highest they'd ever been to the lowest over the course of that season.

THIS IS NOT FUNNY user

I just pretended she never said it.

If season 3 doesn't pick up I'm dropping it

>True Detective
Season 2 had some decent moments but couldn't compare to Season 1
>Boardwalk Empire
gave up after Michael Pitt left. Tried to soldier on with Bobby Cannavale but after his time was done the show was absolute shit
>Tyrant
liked the first season enough but wasn't sure if it continued on after that.

Well in a way they didnt actually catch the real killer (Robert) and even though the episodes in the middle of S2 are more difficult to get through, there remains the story line of the spiritual world of Twin Peaks and how it connects to the murder which is most prominant in the finale

Rome did wrap itself up though.

It just crammed like 3 or 4 seasons and 20 years worth of history into a single season with less episodes than the first.

>bojack horseman
watched the first two seasons in a binge one weekend, didn't like it, didn't laugh much, haven't bothered with season 3

>archer
i don't remember when i dropped it, probably somewhere around vice i think

>luke cage
i watched like half the season and just didn't finish the rest, awful

>true detective
i watched the first episode and hated every single thing about it, apparently i'm not missing much other than really terrible acting by that jackass vince vaughn

i may drop better call saul, i think the only reason i watch it is due to the threads on here. they're fun because 50% of the people who watch it hate it and the other 50% love everything about it. i personally just hate the show.

>not knowing what pseudo-intellectual means
you have to be 18 to post here

You're the worst kind of person.

arrow
game of thrones

>Bates Motel

Got tired of Norman being pissy and having the same city council is corrupt and sleeping together shit. I just want Dylan to do well.

All the marvel shows on Netflix. It's a tiring formula.

Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Daredevil, they are all the exact same and I guess that's because it's the same universe but they all suffer from very mediocre writing. I don't grow to care about a single person in those series.

if david tennant wasn't in jessica jones i would have dropped it after the first episode. he's the only reason i finished it because he is really great in that role. show is absolute shit though, i'm not going to watch the second season.

it's worth watching just for him

Hannibal
>After two episodes of season 3. The narrative was stalling and the dialogue reached a fucking unbearable level of psuedo-profound babble

True Detective
>Whichever episode of season 2 began with Vince Vaughan giving one of the most god-awful monologues I have ever heard ('Am I diminished?'). Switched it off there and then

The Walking Dead
>Thought S1 was great, the Sophia bullshit in S2 killed all momentum. Since then I occasionally dipped back in for the odd episode and have been met with nothing but shit acting, repetitive themes and cheap cliffhangers. The only character I thought was interesting last time I watched was Carol

Bloodline
>Enjoyed S1 but 90% of that is because Ben Mendelsohn is fucking fantastic and the set-up for the following season looked really contrived

>dropped scrubs
like wat

the first season of bloodline was alright, kind of boring though. i tried watching the second season but dropped it quickly.

I was a huge fan in highschool but I never saw the last couple of seasons. I didn't really drop it though, I had just gone through some lifestyle changes and stopped watching tv for a long time. I remember randomly seeing five minutes of one of the Robert Patrick episodes one night and thinking wtf is this shit?!