Which one'd scare you the most

>You're 10
>You're going to watch these films Day 1 in theater
Which one'd terrorize you the most

Alien

Watched it when i was 7, i was afraid of going to the toilet alone for the next month

Still think that the xeno is the most terrifying creature of all time

The Thing because of the monster
honestly I feel for the

none :^)

Alien > Shining >>> The Thing

I didn't watch any of these until 16 though

alrigh

Alien and The Shining are in my top 10, but the only horror movie that ever actually scared me was The Exorcist

yea but what if you were 10

Are you me, user?
I saw Alien when I was 7, too.
The Alien is still my favorite horror movie because I'm still scared shitless of the xenomorph.

I saw them around that age to begin with.

Dunno, apparently our both dads are cunts for letting us watch this at 7

Shining. As scared shitless the other two would put me, I think Shining would have made me have nightmares for months. A crazy fucker with an axe seems more real than the other two

Never saw any of these as a kid so none of them actually scare me, but in a hypothetical "if they were real" scenario, I'd be most afraid of the xenomorph because it sneaks up on you and it's so big and strong with those big teeth and all. The Thing would be a close second. I don't think I'd be that afraid of a young, nimble Jack Nicholson too much because he doesn't strike me as a particularly strong guy so I could probably take him unless he has a weapon.

The THiing
I was haunted by this movie for years and couldnt watch anything remotely scary until I rewatched it

how was shining ever scary? the only shocking part about it when i watched it when i was 10 was the part with the old lady because dead old ladies are disgusting

it doesn't have much gore, flashes of the hallway twins and literally only one hatchet murder, and the atmosphere in general is more psychological thriller than horror if you compare it to babadook etc. real horror kinos

i mean i like it because jack's dream sequences and stuff are fun i like mental characters but it never was scary, stop calling it scary

i'd say alien because it's spookiest one. the thing relies mostly on body horror so it's not scary at all unless you're a squeamish little girl

Alien>The Thing>>>The Shining

Absolutely The Thing.

You'd have trust issues with people for fucking weeks if you saw that as a child.

Im not a beta cucklet, so I wouldnt be scared.

That being said, Id watch Aliens.

You equate fear with gore and shock.

>Still think that the xeno is the most terrifying creature of all time

Grow up, dude, it's just a space ant with ridiculous head and some pipes on his back, you can kill it with a gun.

>hatchet murder
When the fuck was there a hatchet murder in The Shining?

>The Thing isn't scary at all because it's mostly body horror

Anyone who isn't retarded can figure out why the idea of The Thing is fucking terrifying. Have you even watched it? It imitates life forms. It could kill your dad and assume his form and you wouldn't even know it until it was too late, then you better hope you have a gun or flamethrower. It's not even the gore that makes it scary either. Gore implies you're watching something die painfully. It's all about the transformation, the grotesque mangling. You're watching something that's supposed to be a normal animal become a hideous deformity.

>aliens over alien

The Thing > Shining >>> Alien

I actually watched Alien when I was 10, I think it's the reason I'm on /d/ so much.

What are you going to do when it sneaks up on you and you don't have your gun in your hand ready to shoot? Actually, even if your gun was in your hand it wouldn't matter. It would knock your ass down and tear into your face.

For one, I wouldn't go to fucking shitty dark planets with no light or anything in first place.

The thing, I'm still fucking scared of this body horror movie.

Scatman Crothers.

The Shining is much more scary as an adult than as a kid, though. I watched it when I was 14 and I thought it was lame and slow. Rewatched it when I was older and a combination of the atmosphere and the gravity of the situation really hit me hard.

I believe the black nigga gets got by Jack on screen.

That's not how this works. You don't get to pick and choose your location. You imagine yourself in the situation the movie has laid out. You're in a cramped ship with darkened corridors and the xenomorph is in there with you somewhere. Are you afraid?

Scatman Crothers was killed with an axe, not a hatchet. I agree with the second half of your statement. The atmosphere of the movie is very creepy and disturbing.

All 3 are shit, you have to be a complete retard to be scared by a horror movie at age 10.

The thing eaaasily.

The Shining bathroom scene would have scared the shit out of me, but other than that I would just think it was weird and silly. Outside of the facehugger I would probably just think the Alien was fucking badass. Not scary.

But the Thing? That shit would have scarred me, badly.

My dad has a story about how he snuck into The Thing back when it was in theaters with his brothers one of which was only 8.

The second that dog's head exploded my eight year old uncle freaked the fuck out and bolted out of the theater screaming.

My dad chased after him all the way down town laughing his ass off.

/blogpost

>Aliens

>say the thing isn't scary because it mostly relies on gore and body horror
>say alien is scary because it has good atmosphere and suspense
>it doesn't even have shocks or gore
>say babadook is scary
>doesn't have shocks or gore, has atmosphere
>say old lady scene was """shocking""", not scary (just disgusting, much more so than gore)

wow i sure do equate fear with gore and jumpscares

you're clearly psychologist since you analyzed me so well