youtube.com/watch?v=rG1aYuPc8JI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=n-wUjKddodQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>cinema
>villains

One of the greats

Only one answer.

a villain having a simple motive does not make them shit tier

This chart is shit. It all depends on the rest of the story. If every villain's goal was arguable better than the heroes, it would be boring as fuck.

Seconded

nothing comes close

Disagree with the chart. I don't like when villains have a good motivation because then I don't want them to lose... because they usually end up losing to some lawful good moron for the sake of the story.
I like Shakespearean villains that are just bad to the bone because some people are just assholes.

Salieri

Hands down

>le villains must have the moral high ground to be good meme
Fuck you and your faggot chart. A villain can be fucking great and still have a relatively simple motivation, believing a villain is shit if he isn't a dindu is retarded
It's all about the execution. You can have a villain who just wants power for the sake of power be fucking great and a villain who has noble goals but evil methods fucking suck, or vice versa.

>whose motives are hard to find fault in and arguably better than the hero's

ergo, not a villain
dumbass

This is a pretty good villain.

>Hannibals motives
>a mystery
>Insane

are you kidding me?

Graf Orlok

ADACHI DINDU NUFFIN

Mad respect for that actor, he's got the funny mannerisms down.

I actually prefer villains who are evil for simple reasons, even better if there isn't some life-changing event that caused them to "turn evil". Like a gangster or a corrupt businessman who do fucked up shit just because they are greedy and ambitious, not because they want to raise money to save their daughter or because their family was killed and that made them evil. I like how it works as a reminder that anyone can end up being a villain, you don't need a tragic backstory or some stupid reason to turn into one.
Antagonists (not villains) who are well-intentioned can be cool too, but they have to be stated as such from the moment they are introduced. There is no greater cop-out than a villain who is an insane pedophile murderous rapist for 99% of the story only to give you some bullshit excuse for his actions in the end and claim he was actually good and right.

whos the villain at the top?

Dr. Breen is a willing collaborator and a traitor though.

Adachi, the killer in Persona 4 that hates bitches and whores

>ywn have New York's criminal kingpin take you under his wing like a son

Those don't sound like good motives for killing.

fuck off roastie

This such stupid shit.
It's not "antagonist has better motives and is more righteous than the protagonists", it's "antagonist spouts some bullshit and the writing forces the protagonist to admit he is right".

Gas station attendant

most of the villains in ops pic are not ftom movies, wtf sage

Please don't post here anymore.

When did this board get so infested by Sup Forumsedditors?

General Zod

Dr. Breen always seemed to me like somebody who was arrogant and eager to have real power over people. It's always been my hunch he arranged the resonance cascade in the first place and was likely in contact with the Combine before they ever came to Earth.

Sure, he later tries to justify the Combine's genocide of the human race and authoritarianism, but that comes after the fact.

Not really, the character simply admits that they weren't doing it solely for the sake of altruism. She doesn't say anything that can be taken to mean that the villain was actually right all along.
If the OP image was made by an edgelord he could somehow take it to mean that of course.

>predator
>villain
implying

fuck off Sup Forums

Best evil counterpart ever.

>You will never be bullied by this top-tier bitch

That isn't what the chart says at all. The motivation, the driving force, is what matters, no how elaborate it is.

Example: A person who performs ill deeds because they are trying to achieve a goal. This can be simple, an AI locking its charges in to protect them. Or more complex, a man rigging the financial industry to collapse due to a desire to reform it after the loss of his home and subsequent collapse of his ideal middle class life. Both of these examples drive the narrative and give direction to the actions of the advisory.

Compare that to a generic Joker portrayal, where he is just crazy, they go out of their way to describe in detail all the ways he is crazy, and how he does all these things just because, or for chaos, or whatever.

It is obvious one characterization, regardless of complexity used, is going to be superior.

He was fun to watch as he chewed the everloving fuck out of the scenery, but as a villain he had 0 depth.

>I'm a dirty cop who doesn't want people to find out I'm a dirty cop

There are worse motivations, but meh.

What about villains who for all intents and purposes are almost exactly the same as the protagonist, except maybe slightly less ethical in their approach?

How do they fare?

What sort of villain is he?

Because killing people because you are bored is the same as risking your own life out of boredom. right?

God tier. Griffith did nothing wrong

Dukat did nothing wrong.

>High tier
>le bad guy wants revenge story

belongs in shit-tier desu senpai

The kind that gets written into a series that will never have a satisfying end.

Whoever made that picture clearly didn't understand many of those characters.
Hannibal just likes taste of human flesh, what's hard to understand about that?
Jon Irenicus was a scientist and wanted to extract the power of Bhaal from Bhaalspawn...
Joker thinks order is a joke we are deluding ourselves with, seriously what's hard to understand about these

But Giygas isn't like that. He was conflicted and angry and shit.

>because they usually end up losing to some lawful good moron for the sake of the story.
Well you've seen shit stories then.

Elder God Tier. Nothing wrong with pursuing your dreams.

According to your logic LOTR has a shit story.

Play salieri

>Hannibal Lecter
>Meh villan
kys OP.

Was him the villain, though? I thought the whole that god was the villain in Amadeus.

Well if you kill people because you are bored you are risking your own freedom, security, and partially your life. It's extremyl difficult not to be caught.

>Arguably better than the hero's
That's actually trash tier, because then they're not a villain and can't be called a villain, they're just an antagonist.

He was so ridiculously jealous of Amadeus that he was blind to the harm he was doing, and let his pride cloud his judgement. He couldn't believe that he was so much better than him just with natural skill, so took advantage of Mozart whenever he could to try and degrade him. I fucking loved that movie

youtube.com/watch?v=rG1aYuPc8JI
Reminder that this is pure gamekino, regardless of Oblivion's flaws.

FTFY

A good villain is intimidating

A villain's motivation doesn't inherently make them interesting.

Some of the best villain are just pieces of shit, but their charisma makes them fun to watch and/or the things they do make them an exciting threat for the hero.

>implying you wouldn't do the same as griffith

Him and Homura are the Poor Man's Ryo Asuka
m.youtube.com/watch?v=n-wUjKddodQ

No, I said that if that user has been experiencing stories where he cares about the villain but that villain's motives are completely ignored and forgotten for the sake of the plot he has been watching shit stories and should try watching something else where he can come out satisfied, because thinking every instance of a well made character for a villain is going to lead them to be defeated for dumb reasons like that is ridiculous.
However, the stories he has seen may be sotries that I enjoyed and wouldn't think that the villain lost to "lawful good moron for the sake of the story". I'm implying the stories he has seen must be shit or else he wouldn't be feeling dissatisfied to a point where he'd rather have a bland villain only so that dissatisfaction for his characters is never felt. I'm not trying to state some "logic" as an absolute statement that every single story where the protagonist is good and wins is shit.
But yes LOTR is stupid baby genre fiction.

I don't think he's my favorite villain, but this guy has probably my favorite villain ARC.

Sephiroth unironically, he was the first antagonist I felt I "knew" like a rival and at times I think he never even existed, he may have been an apparition of his desire for power

shit I just realized this is Sup Forums. well, Tuco from the good bad and the ugly. he was a incompetent rat but I loved and rooted for him

I'll forever defend that Sephiroth is a much better character and villain than the generic edgelord people give him credit for. Same for Kratos.

Char is the greatest antagonist of all time

Would my 8''x6.5'' cock be a good villian according to you?

He'll return in season 12, just you wait

He is meh.

>le overpowered cold calculating genius psychopath

Obnoxious as fuck.

no because after a little practice I no longer find cocks of that size even remotely intimidating

I'm a pleb, where's this from?

Why did you post Quattro Vagina?

LITERALLY DID NOTHING WRONG

if you beat the hero with it

>playing the meme ending

Three Kingdoms (2010).

Voting in Space Kike

Salieri wasnt blind to the harm he was doing, he knew exactly what his actions should amount to, which is to ensure Mozart's ruin. But his hatred wasnt exactly against Mozart, it was against god. Much like when you want to harm a sibling because you see one of your parents prefers or loves him more than you.

who is the guy on the top of the list ?

adachi from persona 4

>I'm a killer. A murdering bastard, you know that. And there are consequences to breaking the heart of a murdering bastard.

I wish I was on Sup Forums back in the day when this was released.

...wait, what year did moot create Sup Forums?

How is someone on Sup Forums and not know Adachi at the same time

thanks, just realised you already answered that

Name a 'villain' who actually meets the requirements for elder god tier.

At that stage, it's doubtful they would even be villains.

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""villain""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Ozymandias is the one I keep thinking of.