Let's be honest

Let's be honest
The movie went from great to meh after they left basic training

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iH5R4tgGdDk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Let's be honest, you're a boring cunt.

let's be honest, you failed to pass the ultimate pleb filter

Lets be honest, it should be illegal for people like you to watch movies.

Let's be honest
Water is wet

Debatable.

You're right though, the war part was poorly paced, the characters were flat, and the climax was underwhelming. When put in comparison to the first half, which was quickly paced and well written, it really seems like a whole different film

Let's be honest, you completely misunderstood the whole movie and the stark contrast between boot and real combat.

Plus based animal mother youtu.be/iH5R4tgGdDk

it's true but Sup Forums being Sup Forums, many people will disagree with you because they think having an opinion that's in the minority makes them patricians.

Very true.

I honestly forgot how autistic that scene is.

>The movie went from great to meh after they left basic training
only if you're a dunce with zero education. the jungian aspects of the latter half are far more compelling than the rather pedestrian first act.

What does that even mean?

>You're a PHOTOGRAPHER
>You see much COMBAT
>You're a real.....COMEDIAN

it means take a Psychology course or study Carl Jung's theories about the shadow, collective unconscious, and the anima/animus duality. if nothing, it will at least give you a better understanding about what Kubrick was getting at with the film, not to mention a proper fucking education.

Eat the nuts out of my shit

FMJ is the ultimate pleb-filter.

>muh boot camp drill

If you don't think Part 2 > Part 1, then you're an idiot and your age shows.

so once you stopped giggling at the naughty words the scary man was yelling your mind began to wander and you lost interest in the movie- huh?

not being able to appreciate the second half of FMJ is a pretty reliable way to filter for small immature minds in my experience

See I might not sure about that. After watching it for the 48th time, the second half kind of grew on me. Animal Mother was the shit. It got better with age.

Highly subjective

The second half was better.

You just exposed yourself, reddit.

I've actually never seen the second half of the movie. I've seen the first half many times and almost know the dialogue word by word, but I always turn it off after a few minutes when the second part begins
>getting rid of the two best characters
Good one Kubrick

I disagree, I liked both halfs equally.

>Are you, John Wayne? Is this me?

Not where I'm from

>Well, they call me the Joker

>implying Joker isn't the best character

Get a load of this faggot

>not liking Animal Mother

no shit cpt.obvious

i unironically stoped watching after that

Why?

It becomes generic war movie #14.359

>it becomes generic
>didn't watch it to the end
How do you know it's generic, if you didn't watch it to the end?

I skipped through it, watched the dialogues and skipped the boring scenes.
Honestly, who watches war movies because of the art?

This one sucked.

Hacksaw Ridge is a better version of FMJ

intothetrashitgoes.jpg

Generic WW2 movie better than Kubrick's 'Nam movie? Doubt it.

>Psychology
>a proper fucking education

Pleb filter talk aside, all the memorable and iconic stuff is from boot camp.

It's been a long time since I watched it but I struggle to come up with anything really memorable after they ship out to Vietnam other than Fucky Sucky 10 dollar, some shit about a whore that doesn't want to fuck the black guy, Mickey Mouse song and a whole lot of Eyes Wide Shut style awkward, stilted dialogue.

top pleb

Mickey Mouse is the best shot in the film, that alone makes the other half not shit.

This