NOOO! THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THEIR FLOP ;_;

NOOO! THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THEIR FLOP ;_;

based MARVEL

Other urls found in this thread:

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=marvel716.htm
boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=dc2016.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

S-surely Spider-Man: Homecoming will be their first flop.

No MCU movies are legally permitted to flop until after Infinity Wars, Part II.

Hurr
>International
>Global
>China

fuck off, it's a flop.

sometimes you have to feel bad for dcucks

Thats nuts

On what planet is a movie that makes almost 200% of its budget back in the opening weekend considered a flop?

dcucks on cuck watch

>DCmamu, I've come to buy you out

what did he mean by this?

but money does not matter
but rt score does not matter
unless its dc movie

I don't think it'll flop, but on what planet does gross = profit?

>doesn't read
>80 mil domestic (US)
>squarely in the middle of marvel movie opening weekends

definitely not a flop, at least opening numbers wise

Too bad it has to make 7 billion to break even

Who called it profit?

The same one where Suicide Squad does better numbers and still gets spun as some sort of failure. Truth hurts.

It was a failure, just not a commercial failure.

They spent $140million on marketing.
Also with most overseas films they will only take 25% of the box office. Domestic they take 50%.

That said it needs to take another $400 million domestically to break even.
Unlikely this movie will be profitable tbqh, nobody is going to guy Cumbersnatch toys either

b..b...but whitewashing

>it needs to take another $400 million domestically to break even

>this is what DCucks actually believe

Suicide Squad had a 300 million marketing budget like for reals

Literal industry insiders gave us the 800 million to break even numbers for that piece of shit

>Literal industry insiders
I love how some stupid faggots still say shit like this. SS, despite development hell and Leto madness, earned more than any Marvel flick with exception of both Avengers movie, third IM and CV. Face it - Marvel is dead. Buried. Consider this mercy.

It needs 700 mil to make back it's budget and marketing. They had expensive reshoots and edits made late in the game.

>tfw can't tell if serious

>DVD/BR sales
>Rampant product placement
>Music sales
>Rebates
>Paid for advertising on WB owned networks

SS made mad bank

That's a Sony movie so it will be be a flop by default.

Yeah, but on the other hand... it's also part of the MCU. Paradox, I say.

are marvelcucks proud of this movie?
it was just meh

Is there anything Marvel could release that will be a flop?

it literally ends in Hong Kong and had a thoroughly justified and planned reason to have a big stake in china through the story.
movies are made for the chinese now. You don't matter whitey

Movie about talkin raccoon and space-tree?
Movie about guy talkin to ants?
Movie about old virgin super soldier?
Movie about some wizard?
Movie about most iconic trio of superheros? Oh, wait, it's DC, not Marvel.

It is a flop.
>b.. b.. but MUH BOX OFFICE!

Is your name Saul Goldsteinberg? No? Then who gives a fuck about sales.
It's shit.

DCucks LITERALLY on suicide watch

I wonder this myself. Sony's shit...but Marvel fixed Spidey in Civl War...but Sony's shit...so...it's up in the air.

It wasn't perfect, but it was definitely better than Suicide Squad in every respect. If you want to talk about 'meh' anyway, THAT movie was meh.

Probably will. Spiderman is my favorite and I don't think I'm gonna watch it. Especially since Sony chose this one to push "progressiveness" no matter what, so it's just gonna be about shit no one cares about instead of spiderman

How much stress does the product placement ease? Cause there was coke and Philips norelco and shit like that and the toys no doubt and licenses bought by companies like hot toys to make higher quality collectors figures

>It got good critic reviews
>Is your name Saul Goldstienberg? No? Then who gives a fuck about critical reviews. It's shit.

>It got good public reviews
>Is your name Saul Goldstienberg? No? Then who gives a fuck about public reviews. It's shit.

>It made a lot of money
>Is your name Saul Goldstienberg? No? Then who gives a fuck about money. It's shit.

>It had lots of viewers
>Is your name Saul Goldstienberg? No? Then who gives a fuck about viewer numbers. It's shit.

>It is liked by Sup Forums
>Is your name Saul Goldstienberg? No? Then who gives a fuck about Sup Forums. It's shit.

>It's like by me personally
>Oh, OK then. Yeah it's FOTYAY!

Well it got a sequel so duh

Dr Strange is a C/D list character.
Suicide Squad was advertised featuring Batman, Joker and Harley. DC most popular hero and most popular villain. And Harley the #1 hot topic costume.

Age of Ultron, on paper, was a flop.

>Cost 100mil more than Assemble
>Much larger marketing budget (calculated to be 500mil by deadline)
>Toy sales were much lower for everyone but Iron Man
>Made 200mil less at the box office

>every MCU movie since MoS has directly addressed lowering civilian casualty's as much as possible
When will Marvel stop bullying DC?

Why are you dweebs so mad about Strange having a good first weekend? Watch what you want to watch and please stop shitposting.

>assemble

foreign pleb detected

You are saying it ironically, but there is a pretty big chance of this happening

that was a non issue in mos, it made sense to show how much carnage a fight between two such beings could provoke. The retarded reaction by nerds was highly autistic.

Who wanted it to flop? I don't know anything about Dr. Strange nor do I like the Marvel films in particular, but based off what I DO know, this was a film that obviously would NOT flop. Hell, I might even see it (previously I only watched films about heroes I knew about vaguely).

I want that to flop. I like Spiderman too but I hate how they keep rebooting it. At the same time, I want more Spiderman. So it's a Catch-22.

>the death of an entire city worth of people was a non issue

I'm so glad Sup Forums finally has its own version of the console wars in DC-vs-Marvel

I've always said the one thing this board has always missed was a bunch of fucking neets who feel some inexplicable investment in corporate marketing

>>it needs to take another $400 million domestically to break even

heard this about suicide squad too

>300 million marketing budget like for reals

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Gotta love marlelshills man

>>Is your name Saul Goldstienberg? No? Then who gives a fuck about Sup Forums. It's shit.

No everyone is on the Mouse payroll though, the movie was bland as fuck

Suicide Squad did well and WB will do 10 more bad movies just like it. Full of reshoots, rewrites, bad acting, unfitting music videos and marvel quips. Because regardless how bad a movie is, if it has some DC A-Listers it will make bank. Enjoy your hell.

DELETE THIS WE ARE IN CHARGE HERE

>The same one where Suicide Squad does better numbers and still gets spun as some sort of failure. Truth hurts.

depends on marketing costs, SS was very heavy on market, many different cuts, trailers, rewriters. It wasn't cheap at all

>Being so triggered by seeing black people you can't watch a movie.

Actually Disney is one of the biggest spenders in marketing, there's no way this movie had less than 200M in marketing and I'm lowballing here

That not including the reshoots with a different director (to add more quips for FUCKS sake Mickey just hang yourself already) and that Disney/BV has been caught going overbudget in 100% CGI movies (which is really rare)

>capecucks

>$85M domestic opening

Holy shit this is flopping hard

>Says nervous DC Correspondent for the 7th time.

Is zendayo still mary jane?

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=marvel716.htm

boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=dc2016.htm

>dat first weekend comparision

I didn't see any marketing for this until a few weeks ago tops.

SS and BVS have been advertising for months before they dropped.

Jesus, you sound contrarian to be contrarian and retarded to be retarded.

>I didn't see any marketing for this until a few weeks ago tops.

Is this satire? Am I being meme'd here?

Did you count the marketing budget ?

It need at least 1,2 billion to break even.

Then we'll see the toys sale

But i'm not gonna lie it's looking bleak for ya boi

I haven't actually. Produce the budget please.

Did Suicide Squad really have a 41% drop on Saturday? That must be one of the highest ever.

It was still a shit movie. Why are you celebrating the success of a shitty videogames movie? Did Hacksaw Ridge do well atleast? I piss on you Marvel shills.

> Featuring batman
> Featuring joker - 5 min - people could have been pissed about that
> harley quinn somehow relevant LMAO

Dr Strange is produced by Marvel (all right reserved) wich comprise a following of 12 years old and bunch of nu-male/tumblrina.

They have such a cult following that they got a bunch of basement dwellers shilling for them 24/7 on Sup Forums

And let's be honest, every recent Marvel film has been bad yet still worked. Dr strange doing well was not a surprise by any means calm yo tits man

user. Cult following is completely different from being a super-popular mainstream franchise that everyone and their grandmother loves.

i've already got gat by Ant-Man, Guardians, And deadpool. Even if Dr Strange has the better cast and seems to be the most interesting i'll wait for the torrent

Yes it's because the record breaking opening day. Even after the drop they made 8 million more than Dr Strange, and it was august

do chinks not know how to pirate? what happened to them making bootleg dvds?

If you look at all the advertisement and commercials leading up to Suicide Squad it heavily featured Batman Joker and Harley. It does not matter if they were not in the film too much that's how the film was advertised.
And that's how the movie made so much money. Even though it was a poorly made movie.

And the critical acclaim too, """"""""free""""" (lmao) advertising too

So it's underperfoming domestically and it's absolute shit (I saw it, can confirm)

Nice job marlel, you did it again

Cult following is exactly that user. A franchise. Marvel is a Franchise.

Beside it was Snyder dawnfall he "betrayed" superman image to the public. That's the number one reason people got pissed. Batman/superman lore

But by justice league people will realize that Snyder isn't a false god

All a Marvel movie needs to do is get that de rigeur 90%+ RT score and it will be a hit, it can be about magical acrobats who eat each others shit and puke out energy weapons and if it gets a 90% score it will be a hit, it doesn't fucking matter what character it is. Marvelcult shall prevail.

>a super-popular mainstream franchise that everyone and their grandmother loves.

We talking transformers here?

>dcucks still mad about sew-sah squah

lol god this is great. i love every bit of the bitterness.

batman wasn't in any trailer nigga. The first time I heard about batman in SS was from an user who made it to a screening and spoiled it.

"""free""""

So Transformers has a cult following too, huh? And I guess Star Wars and Harry Potter do, too.

>BvS thread
>people talk about the superheroes and the story

>Marvel thread
>people circlejerk box office numbers like Disney's personal fuck pets

>DC thread
>Marvel fans shitposting
>Marvel thread
>DC fans shitposting
>Fox X-Men thread
>Cicadas chirping

Snyder is a fucking hack. He's always been a hack, he is a hack, and he will continue to being a hack.

Motherfucker had one successful movie, 300, and the only reason why it was so successful was because it was an action flick that people enjoyed watching for it's action sequences, and women fucking flocked to because of the oiled-up men.

Every single thing he has done since then has been sheer, utter, garbage.

Don't even fucking bring up Watchmen. Motherfucker didn't have to do shit for that movie to be successful except literally film the scenes from the comic, and even then, at a budget of 130$ million, only got a box office of 185$ million.

BRAVO.

Stop being such a fucking fanboy and hating the other side because it's what the group you think you "belong to" does and have your own fucking opinion for once.

t. Marvel shiteater.

>BVS thread
>talk about how shit the superheroes and story are

you mean

>rail against marvel movie for months just because its' a marvel move and you want to see it fail
>it doesn't, it actually does well
>"i don't even care about the numbers anyway"

This has been every Marvel release for the last year or two. If DC fanmanchildren wouldn't spend all that time using numbers to show why the next marvel movie is going to bomb, then they wouldn't be used against you when you're wrong.

When people say a Marvel movie is shit, they don't mean shit as in box-office numbers. They mean as in actual shit. I wouldn't expect a Marvel shill to know the difference. All you see is your box-office numbers. Actual Dr Strange threads reveal how awful the movie is.

>Box office

Mousebois truly are the plebbest of the plebs, Marlel still has to do something better than Watchmen for me not to laugh at you guys talking about Zack

Why not watch both you fucking mong?

People who limit themselves to one groups movies are stupid to begin with because you should be going to movies to watch good films or watch something entertaining anyways, but of all the fanboys out there, DCretards are the absolute most retarded and rabid. Marvelretards are pompous and their films can do no fucking wrong, which is garbage because any film has detracting points in it.

But again, DCretards are truly retarded fanchildren who will argue for their garbage because they hate the other side.

All Marvel shills can do is cling to their box-office numbers as they desperately try to avoid to actually talk about their glorified videogame cutscenes movies. Even this thread seems to be more active than the actual Dr Strange thread. The circlejerking is real.

I watch both and I am honestly sick to my guts to see trash like Dr Quips be praised anywhere. That movie is a literal Iron Man template with some buddhist wanking instead of robots.

Yet the Marvel shills want us to rejoice because a shitty movie made a ton of money. It's sad.

I shat on this flick before it aired because I found out they called Dan Harmon to do reshoots and to add more reddit humour. Still I saw it in theaters because of plebe friends and it was worse than anything I could have ever imagined, I literally enjoyed Green Lantern more

>I literally enjoyed Green Lantern more

Yea no you didnt. Nice try and being edgy tho. il give you an A-

Funny how much noise the Marvel shills raised for the SS reshoots but they were so quick to sweep the Dr Quips reshoots under the rugs. This is a paid group doing this. Their agenda is clear.

They are based, why? Because they make money? Lots of ugly corporations do. Was the movie good? Can you honestly say that even for the low standards of capeshit, this movie was good? Because I would call you a liar if you did. Maybe it's just easier to cling to box-office numbers than actual thinking.

>Unironically defending Man of Shit

I swear to god, I liked other marvel movies but I can't do it anymore