Why the fuck is this happening? When will they stop?

Why the fuck is this happening? When will they stop?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KIsv1YOFNys
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

When will they stop?

Never

Fuck that

fuck that, this shit will suck massive dicks

Has a remake of a satirical movie ever been good?

Friendly reminder we're only three years out from a Matrix reboot. They're just now preparing for 1997, 1999 is just around the corner.

I'm thinking Leslie Jones for the role of Neo?

Are they planning on remaking Verhoeven's entire filmography?

We cannot fuckin have this..
I hope we never see the day they make a remake

>spacenazi troopers remake
>in current year
>not sucking massive bag of cocks

Gee not even a single studio wants ender games sequel? wtf?

>a reboot of a satirical riff on a book

Memri TV produces some good shit

>They're just now preparing for 1997

>ender games
>good

It's literally SJW tier bullshit.

Oh well, I'm looking forward to seeing anything Starship Troopers related, even if it is a reboot. Better than nothing, and maybe it will be good. Too early to tell.

>the writing duo behind the upcoming Zac Efron-Dwayne Johnson 'Baywatch' movie
Eh, at least it's not Damon Lindelof.

Who am I kidding? It'll still be shit.

>two of the writers wrote Baywatch movie
>one of the producers is a Jew
>the other producer produced Total Recall reboot

Any of you fucks think this will be good is deluded.

It's not a reboot. It's a different adaption of the book.

enders game is a pretty good book
its also one of the worst movies i have ever seen in my life. literally 0 redeeming factors

IF ONLY IT WAS ZACH EFRON AND THE ROCK STARRING IN A STARSHIP TROOPERS REBOOT IN 3D IN IMAX ZOMGGGG

The new one will be based off of the book, not the movie (which has basically nothing to do with the book) and it won't be tongue in cheek satire.

So it's not really a reboot

because this movie was made by a gay homo with a peepee that got hard when he saw gay naked men thrusting their muscular buttholes! lol!!!

The author was a gay hating Mormon

Hailee Stonefist looked bretty yummy.

>anyone
>thinking a remake could be good

those people don't exist, at least not here

Post predictions

Large subplot about the terrors that migrants have to face in order to get into the military for citizenship

Leader-man will be an obese fop

racism will be prevelant

Tom Hardy Total Recall when?

You wonder why men cant call each other handsome and admire each others bodies and brains?

You wonder why me can't have close physical relationships, like hugging without smacking the back?

The same reason fat feminists write unlikely homoerotic fan ficiton about Sherlock and Watson.

Its because fags like you cry HOMO as soon as men show any more emotion than stoicism and that women don't understand male friendship and bonding.

>If Hillary presidency
Calm cool collected madam president rallying the world against the evil bugs
>If Trump presidency
Blustery buffoon in office doesn't believe the bugs are a threat and wants to focus on home borders and national security, ends up gruesomely slaughtered when the bugs invade earth

It's 2016, user. We all know that Neo will be a black transgender woman this time.

because the movie is a fucking insult to the book

>rated pg-13

>muh power armor

close up of characters faces with lights on them cut with full cgi sequences makes for shit tier film. example, fucking iron man

THe 1997 version fucking gutted the source material. Even if it is enjoyable as a campy, 90s nostalgia movie.

A remake is totally justified, especially if they do a more faithful adaptation.

Depends on how they handle their design..

The movie's overall tone though is also nothing like the books'

pls be bait

>bug swipes at his head and knocks his toupee off

screencap this

Liberally tumblr

Issou
La chanckla

Who /Federation/ here?

I'm doing my part!

They will either:

A: miss that it's a political satire and make it about "gunz in space n stuff"

or

B: Make it way too ham-fisted, turning it into a two hour long SNL skit

and either way there will be no gore

>A: miss that it's a political satire and make it about "gunz in space n stuff"

you're fucking retarded, the movie is satire, the book isn't, they should ignore the movie completely

Reboot is not the same as remake, friend.

Literally has no reason to exist. The first is a great movie and it's still relevant.

I hope it's more faithful than the paul verhoeven film. I want some fucking armored suits.

So... Leslie Jones?

The first film is great, but not a good adaptation of the book.

I love how some dude tried to make a satire anti fascist movie and instead convinced most of the viewers that maybe fascism isn't that bad after Beunos Aires and the bug menace

>No tits
>No gore
>Bugs will get to earth somehow
>Someone/Something will open a sky portal to the bug homeworld in a major city
>Horrible CGI bugs
>Overdesigned mech suits with Transformers sound effects

I don't think he understood why the critics panned his movie so badly because they got what he was trying to do, the problem is he made it look too good and they were all worried people would sign up for it.

Also the new movie could never be made with the same level of budget and still be R like it was before so it will be pg-13 or R with a low budget and look as bad as the sequels to main movie so.

So are the paths. Either no tits/gore or shitty effects

I've never read the book.

They already did a Total Recall remake.

you just know they will make it clear that it was a false flag all along and that the military is evil and there's a scene where the bug will cry and some woman will adopt it and fight the humans

You should. It's a light read, and if you're into sci-fi or military fiction you'll appreciate it since that's where a lot of famous ideas came from.

This

how is it?

Exactly like the Robocop remake : it's bad but totally forgettable. There's honestly no point in watching it.

Colin Farrel

This picture is a better adaptation than the new movie will be

i can already hear the BRRRRRMMMMMs in the trailer

Aside from not liking faggots, Orson Scott Card is pinker than a Moscow fucking sunset.
He's a bigger closet-Commie than Ursula K. LeGuinn.

But all it takes in this day and age is having politically-incorrect beliefs about shitfuckers, and the regardless of your ACTUAL politics the left labels you "far right".

How super diverse (tm) are they going to make the cast?

The Mobile Infantry is hella diverse. Every platoon Rico is in has people from all over the world. Rico himself isn't even white.

The genders are also pretty androgynous. Carmen has her head shaved when she shows up for all of two sentences in the book. Rico gets his shit wrecked by his squad when he buys a pair of gold earrings with tiny bones everyone wears because they note how many combat drops they've made and Rico was just out of training.

Hopefully we get a scene of space dock shenanigans with Ace and Rico.

Where will Johnny Rico be from in the remake? Will he still want to kill them all?

No power armor, no watch. This is non-negotiable.
The original is only vaguely watchable for the Verhoeven based fascist propaganda.

The book is satire.

Heinlein's political views arent a mystery.

I don't care, the first one was great. If it's half as good as that it's still better than 90% of the capeshit crap we get today.

This isn't a terrible idea t b h. Verhoeven's film is a classic but it's nothing like the source material. If they can get a good director and a good writer who wants to remain faithful to the source material then we could get a new film. However, if they get some passionless idiots who just want to redo what Verhoeven did then it'll be a shitty waste of time and money.

this wll be total recall all over again

the army loves pulling from the drags of society, why do you think they have so many niggers and spics?

Except the book is a take on a dystopian fascist society and has literally nothing to do with bugs, which are the main plot driver in the film.

The film would be boring.

Is nothing sacred?

kill yourself

I don't know, films about fascist dystopias can be pretty entertaining.

>a new film
a GOOD film

>Brazil
>V for Vendetta
>Children of men

They all have very clear character driven plots though.

>When will they stop?
when all movies with men have been remade with a pure women cast

Why? Nothing is really wrong with the original movie, except for the bad sequels. If a new movie is too serious, it will receive criticism for losing the feel of the original. If a new movie tries to imitate the military camp of the original, it will be treated like a parody. Making a new movie is a no-win situation.

...Remaking the movies from...
>for^1997
I think is what he meant

Cant be worse than the sequel. That whole movie was like an exepetionally bad episode of dr. Who

more of these bls

What was dystopian about it?

They'll definitely jam some Trump shit in there

But will they have great songs?

youtube.com/watch?v=KIsv1YOFNys

No.

the book sucked, there's practically no fucking action at all just speeches and training

Heinlein wrote much better novels, like Glory Road.

I liked the robocop remake

>Different take on source material

How is that not a reboot

Theres already like three sequels, a closer take on the book is something I would hope for from this

There's never been a successful Verhoven remake. Both Total Recall and Robocop remake made less then the originals from 30 years ago. Shouldn't they kinda get the clue that no one wants to see these turds and would just rather see the originals?

What in the fuck is that

Alright, start coming up with ideas on how they'll diversify this movie

>Starship Troopers reboot
Well there could be a chance it could be good
>Same hack writers that wrote Freddy Vs. Jason and the shitty Friday The 13th remake

It's going to be shit.

That's some bad layout on that article.

The book wasn't a satire.....

>in the novel Rico was an actual spic and the military was unisex like the movie, he fought alongside people of all races and creeds (wasn't his CO for most of the novel middle eastern or something to that effect? Jelal or something?)
They're going to have to push the boat out, it's pretty fucking diverse already.