Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tr6VrmOQY1M
youtube.com/watch?v=mKHihAPr2Rc
youtube.com/watch?v=A-yZNMWFqvM
youtube.com/watch?v=jwuw6Z33018
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I never watched it but it is shit

It's kino

I tried watching it yesterday, and stopped it after 40 minutes, the opening scene has a battle, and that's the only thing noteworthy. The dialogue is this incomprehensible shakespearian drivel and from fast forwarding the rest of the movie I can tell you nothing fucking happens

I never watched it but it is kino

Great film. Really loved the atmosphere and performances. Just don't get hung up when you can't understand everything they're saying and you'll be fine.

No

If you want to watch a good Macbeth watch the Polanski one.

youtube.com/watch?v=tr6VrmOQY1M

Polanski's is much better

tempted to watch but Macbeth is adapted too often

why not something more rare like Pericles, Timon, Cymbelene or Measure for Measure. I swear, so many good plays that no one ever films.

Best Macbeth

I didn't, but if you want to take one for the team go for it.

>Macbeth: Music video edition

Any performance of Shakespeare that tries to use realistic methods of speaking is irredeemably fucked. It's needs to be spoken as though on a stage because it's designed to be spoken on a stage. Mumbling your way through misses the point and pathos of the dialogue.

Get a load of this pleb
Back to your capeshit thread

Do it for based debicki OP

I thought it was pretty good, but I like Shakespeare stuff and am always excited for adaptations. They interpreted the final "forest" scene really well, one of the best versions I've seen of the finale.

Not perfect, but I found it really enjoyable.

Watch Throne of Blood instead

this movie has great simple posters

they really make me want to watch it desu

yawn...

Visually it's pretty great. Acting is good too.

Watch it.

back to lit with your pretentious ass

Of course not, it's by some advertising shit who needs its cunt torn away, starring that fucking meme muppet with the mouth like a South Park Canadian, and some whore. Avoidah.

What are the best film Shakespeare adapations?

Pic related.

There are films of the same play by Welles, Kurosawa and Polanski, why the fuck would you bother with this shit? Do you remember Hamlet starring Mel Gibson? Neither do I.

>Shakespeare is pretentious
How fucking retarded can one board possibly be?

Throne of Blood

Watch a better adaptation or a stage production if you're actually interested in shakespeare. If you want pretty cinematography and Michael Fassbender being badass and creepy, go for it.

Honestly I can forgive people for not being able to see it on stage, it's not exactly on everywhere all the time. Certainly watch a better adaptation though.

Yeah but there's probably countless recordings of stage productions online.

I prefer windowsbeth haha

tv everyone

I don't care what anyone says.

I love theatre, but I don't like to recommend recordings of stage productions. They're sometimes quite lacking.

This film gets basically everything right, incredible cinematography, great acting, soundtrack is perfect. But the problem is there isn't much potential in the story of Macbeth, told again and again. It's not really possible to get Macbeth wrong, but it's not possible to do anything amazing with it either. I recommend it if only for how epic the ending sequence is.

hahaha

Exactly how hard does this try to be kino? The trailer made it look like something a college student would come up with after a ketamine binge where he left the entire discography of Swans to play all night.

hahaha

>It's not acting if they're not hamming or shouting their way through every line

Brannagh's Hamlet

us Sup Forumsers, amirite? xD

It's not supposed to be realistic dialogue.

>good Macbeth watch the Polanski one.
that looks like shit. fight looks like a comedy. fuck, it looks like Army of Darkness.

FassBeth on the otherside has beautiful cinematography, charismathic actors, pure drama

>sawing at the air too much with your hands
>laughing_hamlet.woodcut

Very strange take on Macbeth imo. Other than 2-3 lines, literally every line is whispered.

watch it, it is great and beautiful and sad

Who were those 3 woman at start of movie and throughout.?

Hope the sequel explores their backstory or what happened to them.

Polanski's is the best, the 2010 movie with Patrick Stewart is good too.

>literally every line is whispered.
wtf is your problem? it felt more real because of that

> it felt more real
Yeah cause in reality people never talk with normal voices, they just whisper. That makes total sense.

Branagh's Henry V
youtube.com/watch?v=mKHihAPr2Rc

I was going to mention the Patrick Stewart one, really enjoyed it
Can't remember if it's the filming of a stage production or TV movie though

why is Brian Blessed so awesome

he's such a cool dude

Any impressions on The Hollow Crown series?

Been thinking of watching it because of the stellar cast

10/10
youtube.com/watch?v=A-yZNMWFqvM

It's been praised a lot, personally I think they're garbage. Tom Hiddleston is absolutely terrible as Hal. Simon Russell Beale is OK as Falstaff, nothing more. Jeremy Irons basically plays Jeremy Irons.

kill yourself

It is really good.

>mfw Birnam Wood

Excuse him Sir.
Would a cape-shit be more of your taste ?

Certainly not how the original Macbeth script, not even during the written era. Stage is a different beast, this is film.

LUNACY

I preferred the other trailer. I like that song, and it fit the trailer, but upon watching the film it didn't fit it at all.

Jed Kurzel's score is amazing. I am unironically hyped for Assassin's Creed, seeing as he among Justin, Fassbender and Cotillard are returning.

Is that christian bale?

Yes

Should i watch this
Or place beyond the pines tonight?
Have both on blu ray sitting around

Both are good. One tonight, one tomorrow.

youtube.com/watch?v=jwuw6Z33018

Best Blessed story.