Mad Men > Sopranos

Mad Men > Sopranos

Anyone who disagrees is a complete pleb.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zgu7djuloZs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

shit bait

be ashamed of yoursen lad

By a hair, yes. They're both GOAT but Mad Men was tighter, as Weiner had a clearer creative vision and unrivaled control/writing/showrunning.

You're saying a lot about yourself by thinking this is bait.

>not appreciating both shows at the greatest of all time and pinnacle of television
Spoken like a true pleb, are your other threads so shitty that you have resort to stupid bait threads

Mad Men doesnt have any gabagool

Watch it, OP

Just finished Sopranos, and I did enjoy it, but I won't be thinking about it for months to come.

People who prefer Sopranos are man babies who would rather watch goombas boom boom than actually watch a show about real life feels.

How is it even possible to miss the point of The Sopranos this much?

Well of course retards will only watch for the lol mafia so kool! Just like retards will watch Madmen because of the sex scenes and the hot women. That doesn't make the shows shallow because the watchers are.

Mad Men had much better acting. Gandolfini was GOAT, and Melfi and Carmela were good as well but aside from that the cast was full of shitty wop actors who couldn't do anything other than broad comedy. Chase shouldn't have focused so hard on casting real life guidos and cast actual good actors.

care to explain?

Everyone knows this

The show wan't bad. It just wasn't as good as Mad Men.

watching season 1 sopranos and it's just an episodic sitcom with lots of swearing

hopefully it gets better

>sopranos
>not having feels

are you autistic?

>goombas boom boom than actually watch a show about real life feels.

WEW
E
W

I think Sopranos falls solidly under "shows women and numales will never understand"

Yeah, it's amazing- especially as the characterization progresses like Mad Men. Plus Weiner is head writer in final seasons for some of the best episodes.

Mad Men is literally for plebians who are so shallow and pathetic they can't watch anything that doesn't let them self insert as a perfect alpha male.

My wife loves The Sopranos.

sorry I meant womyn not women

Sopranos is a show for insecure retards who are having a mid-life crisis to live vicariously through these "tough" men. It's fucking stupid.
Mad Men is for real men who've had difficult situations and are honest about their insecurities. It deals with ego, status, and a few other really interesting topics that Sopranos WISHES it could reach.

The Sopranos was a show about the American Dream, family and modern life.

The mob stuff was just flavor. If you took it as the point of the show you fucked up. Sopranos is basically the reason why shows like Mad Men were even allowed off the launch pad anyways.

If your inner monologue hasn't morphed into a greasy dago for the next few months, you didn't watch the sopranos.

And I know this term gets thrown around a lot, but if you couldn't get into it enough to enjoy it, you may legitimately have autism.

>who've had difficult situations and are honest about their insecurities

Yeah, Madison Avenue advertising faggoty execs sure face a lot of difficult situations like having to choose from manicure and pedicure.

Sopranos was quite literally a deconstruction of the masculine ideal. Are YOU stupid?

I've only seen part of Mad Men but to me it seemed like an extremely boring soap opera with hamfisted attempts at 60s nostalgia and broad social criticism, like the scene with the handsome main guy talking to the black guy or all the casual lasciviousness in the office.

'Gee whiz people were racist back then!'
'Gee whiz white males were misogynist back then!'
'Gee whiz smoking sure was a lot more accepted back then!'
'Gee whiz marketing is a manipulative a vacuous, manipulative profession!'

Those are the only real kind of takeaways amid the vapid melodrama.

As much as I like Breaking Bad, I have to blame it for bringing absolute plebs like you into places like this.

Must be the education system.

Spoken like a true fucking pleb.
Kill yourself

See I see faggots complain about this all the time, but the show doesn't make a point about how racism is bad and shit, it just presents things the way they were.

The show itself doesn't go oh man look how bad races is. It doesn't have the big bad guy say homophobic things, it has the likable main characters making jokes about gays and women and blacks. If anything it helps to humanize the people that liberals nowadays like literally cannot understand how they were so backwards.

good point.

Sopranos dared to actually do and say things, which is why it's more interesting, exciting and sometimes cheesier.

Mad men will never look cheesy, because they never commit to anything, it's always shaded in ambiguity. It's more realistic because of that, but also less enjoyable to watch.

Oh, and I think Tony's psychology was a lot more fleshed out than Don's.

The way he says he's a faaag always comes to mind. Wait, let me find the clip.

youtube.com/watch?v=Zgu7djuloZs

Here. The answer in itself would be that he's a fag, but then there are the added layers that it's politically incorrect and he shouldn't say it, but Melfi is goading him to say it or shy away from it, and now Tony has to choose between society's rules and the values of his community, which he doesn't necessarily believe in. So he chooses to say it, but it's now not just saying it, it's saying it despite what's acceptable, it's saying it unapologetically to the point of hostility, look at me, I'm not saying it loud and clear, because I believe in it. Though, I don't think he really believed in it. He's not quite sure. That's why he's singing it. He makes it almost into a joke, the fact that he's saying it so brazenly.

I don't know, I don't think I could ever write something so dense into someone singing he's a fag.

Friendly reminder that Stranger things will be praised and lifted up until it at least surpasses all of these shows in he public eye and go down in history as the G.O.A.T

Semse 89 is greatest hsow of all time xd x 500

nigger pride world wide

Yeah itjust has to be a coincidence that it's super fucking popular and has gained critical acclaim across the country
Definitely not because it's good or anything

To you?

No. I'd rather save my breath.

but i liked mad men more and i never self inserted as don

or roger

Both are tied GOAT and also worth of being alled artistic works

>popularity = quality

thats not how it works

>self inserted

what the fuck does that even mean? you sound like a faggot

Nah, and too bad Mad Men is boring af, dropped it by the second episode.

you make a very cogent point

MUH DAMAGED MIDDLE AGED MEN

fucking kill yourself neckbeards

Don is not an alpha male

He's an alcoholic

>tfw thinking about self inserting Joan

he's still more alpha than you

did you read the post i was responding to you stupid faggot? he said it first

your mother sucks older men's cock

fucking kill yourself reddit

>this literal 9gag tier response in the first half of your post
>telling anyone else to go to reddit
kill yourself

is that the language you use when you're sucking your father's cock you inbred motherfucker

>Why yes, I do watch television dramas of amc

This fucking soap opera meme needs to end now. On what grounds is it a soap opera? Because it has characters in relationships?

why do you insist on being a total retard? are all mad men fans like this?

Am I the only one who's fucking TIRED of looking at Jaden's punchable face and that puckered-up, stupidly constipated expression on it?