What is the best film of 2016

And why is it The Accountant?

It was alright for what it was:
>hollywood action film with an interesting gimmick

It was kind of like Taken meets Drive, but not as good as either film. Twist was unbelievably predictable too. The face-shootings were very satisfying though

how is this 6'4" honka honka man supposed to play a turbo autist like me?

INTO
THe
TRASH
IT
GOES

Absolute trash.

Carrying on from this, my biggest gripe with the film was that the concept was much more interesting than the film itself. A global political thriller about an amoral man that sorts out the books for terrorists and freedom-fighters in war-torn countries could be amazing. But instead we got a generic action film...
Like I said, for what it was, it was alright
But it should've been so much more

I know this is a shitpost, but that's mostly explained if you watch the film
It's like all the people whining about Hemsworth in BlackHat

Autists can look like Ben Affleck. This is an inspirational movie.

i don't think i saw a single movie this year between civil war and the accountant, summer was shit. so yeah, the accountant is best picture right now for me.

is anything worth watching coming out for the rest of the year? rogue one?

have you seen the movie? he's actually pretty convincing. even in the parts where he's murdering people, he has a real "bullied autist going postal" vibe

That's why it's interesting, an autist in a Chad's body.

nice b8

It was capeshit without the cape

Just saw this flick without even using any good boy points.

Did I like it?

It was good, twist at the end was retarded but it was okay as a movie.

Hacksaw Ridge

>twist
Unless you mean the unimportant one at the very, very end, I'm going to have to shittalk you.

If you didn't realize it was the brother I don't know what you tell you. I'm not even going to call this a spoiler because it's so clear.

He's in every background flashback, then he disappears. He's not at the funeral, so where is he? Meanwhile we have this guy with no explanation for who he is. Golly Gee, I wonder who it could be.

I will unironically recommend that you read James Monaco's "How to Read a Film" if you think that was a twist.

They gave many hints leading up to that point that I don't think it should even count as a twist.

The ending though, that was a twist.

Best that I saw this year were Shin Godzilla and Zootopia

>best
The Accountant
>why
because every other film released this year was trash too

Batman vs Superman

Pleb

Sounds like you need to watch more films. The Accountant was a complete mess. Excessive subplots with terrible payoffs. Superfluous characters. Jarring tone shifts. Pants-on-head retarded "twists." Pacing so shit the whole thing felt like 4 hours. Naw. I suggest you watch something good like Hell or High Water.

my favorite movie from this year so far was probably the nice guys or ben-hur