youtube.com/watch?v=oEFPcljAXgs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

meh
6/10

10/10

7/10

Far from Heat sadly.

Say what you will, coyote scene is quite kino

6/10 its okay. really only good for hand gun fapping.

The song was misplaced. I even like the song, but you shouldn't have your movie turn into a music video at any point.

I unironically think it's kino.

some good action scenes would've been better without jamie foxx

Overrated by teenagers on the internet. It's ok.

3/5

michael mann has a nice pulpy look to all of his stuff and shite writing. plus jamie foxx...blarf. split the difference and its still okay i guess. 6.5

wew lad
Heat is shit.

>but you shouldn't have your movie turn into a music video at any point.
full retard

It has the same problem as Law Abiding Citizen where I'm supposed to like that Jamie Foxx wins in the end but fuck that guy

Let me tell you something that might be a bit dangerous. I was raised in dangerous enviroment. I was trained by the CIA. I was given the title of Operative. They take a movie “Collateral.” They have a 5-foot-2-inch little guy, whether he was straight or gay, I don’t know. I don’t care. He had never worked for the CIA. He doesn’t speak like operator. He has never held a 1911A1. They make him the Collateral?. We got 450,000 phone calls [laughs] from everybody in the world saying, “That role was perfect for you. How did that happen?” Most of the people I know didn’t like the film and didn’t go see it. It’s just a classic example of Michael Mann and the politics.

Name 1 movie where this happens, it's a good idea that improves the movie, and it's not done for some meta-humor about "being like a music video" (e.g. Beavis and Butthead Do America, which ironically is kino).

youtube.com/watch?v=KCqZCbS9pYo

Great until the ending

I like it, but I don't understand why it's considered one of the best action movies ever. It gets so retarded in the lat 20 minutes. It's pretty great until then though

there are only two scenes anyone remembers

briefcase and car crash

it's a shit movie

any movie with cruise is kino

people mention the club shootout all the time

Agreed. Mann definitely went full retard

it has it's moments and it has one of my favorite movie moments

youtube.com/watch?v=oEFPcljAXgs

Pretty meh

pure kino.

I won't even lie, this movie is partly behind my purchase of a HK USP

cruise needs more roles like this where he plays villain types of characters

he's really great at them, i like him in this role way more than most of the movies where he's the good guy.

Overrated as fuck, I kept reading that the night club was fucking awesome but it ended up being absolute shit and nonsensical (why the fuck didn't the guy being targeted run away?).

its a 10/10 patrician film but retards on Sup Forums gonna retard

apparently that scene was never planned, they just saw the coyote while working and shot it on the spot

Tom Cruise plays the ex-SF hitman role pretty well.

Did he actually say this?
kek
I would pay good money to see Sensei Segall in the role as Vincent

>Yo, homie. That's my briefcase.

You get the 45 like Vincent or a different caliber? USPs are nice man

>tfw Ruger owning poorfag

One of my favorites

it's his intensity. he does it in almost every movie but this is one of the few movies i can think of where it works really really well for him.

I don't know what kind of internet rep it has but I've always loved it.

anything other than .45 is wrong

He did say it about Tom Cruise, but in regards to The Last Samurai, not Collateral.

>Let me tell you something that might be a bit dangerous. I was raised in Japan. I was schooled in martial arts. I was given the title of master. They take a movie “The Last Samurai.” They have a 5-foot-2-inch little guy, whether he was straight or gay, I don’t know. I don’t care. He had never been to Japan. He doesn’t speak Japanese. He has never held a sword. They make him the Last Samurai. We got 450,000 phone calls [laughs] from everybody in the world saying, “That role was perfect for you. How did that happen?” Most of the people I know didn’t like the film and didn’t go see it. It’s just a classic example of Hollywood and the politics.

did he just call tom cruise gay?

Is he wrong?

whats the best cruise villain role then?

ehh, he doesn't really have many that i can think of

i guess he's kind of a villain in interview with a vampire. other than that collateral is the only movie that i'd call him a villain in

It's good. Not one of Mann's best movies but it's pretty darned good. It has a few bravado sequences too. I love that opening stretch when Foxx is giving the lawyer a drive and the Groove Armada song plays over top.

-Wastes a bit too much time, as in Mann's way.
-Javier Bardem stinks up the screen with an over-long monologue.
-The ending is pretty improbable.
+Tom Cruise and Jaime Foxx are great.
+The cinematography is exceptional and captures Los Angeles in a way that I hadn't ever been before.
+Vincent is extremely cool and likeable while also being a horrible sociopath, which is really fucking hard to pull off.

I give it a 3/5 from an objective standpoint, but I REALLY enjoy watching it. I own it on blu ray(and I owned in on DVD) and I watch it anytime it's on HBO, Showtime, etc so I've seen it quite a few times and still really dig it. I just use the bathroom or make a snack when Bardem starts talking.

JUMBY JIBBA ROW!

>tropic thunder

he's just a funny prick in that

>keyboard, gun, and a maga hat all framed for a photo to post on Sup Forums

I love how you have absolutely zero self awareness.

>i-i was only pretending to be r-retarded...

wtf are you even trying to convey?
STOOPID

stupid ending

I posed my hat with my gat. keyboard happens to be there to prop them up. I'm not sure which particular item triggers you the most. If it helps, I'm not even american, the hat is just to shit post.

Yeah "intense" is definitely the right adjective. It's very easy for me to buy that we was a CIA operative or a SEAL or Green Beret or something.

>nu-male gets triggered by a pic of a gun and a maga hat

kek

Operatorkino.

Vincent should have skinned that nog though