What happened to the american dream?

what happened to the american dream?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_ijsT49MkBA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It came true. You're looking at it.

I liked the part where nuclear war never actually happened and all of Moore's edgy writing turned out to be bullshit.

It came true.
And he SHUT THAT SHIT DOWN.

His story wasn't set in the real world though. It was a world where America had a Superman to win them the vietnam war and Nixon had the term limit removed, allowing him to remain president of the United States forever.

Why did comedian only tell that one guy about ozy's plan instead of literally anybody else that could've affected the plot?

man i wish that happened irl

Obama

that really only works as a plot if you think Nixon was some aggressive warhawk

He didn't even start the Vietnam War or even escalate it that was LBJ.

which capeshit is this from?

Because then there would be no plot

exactly. moore is a fucking retard

the only good one ever

As someone who remembers the days of the Iron curtain, fear was everywhere.

He didn't really spill the beans on purpose as part of some plan to subvert Ozy, he just drunkenly spat it out to an old rival during an ongoing bout of depression. In his normal, sober state he wouldn't tell anybody on purpose, probably thinks of it as breaking character

maybe in the 50s-early 60s

by the 80s it was basically over the USSR had a collapsing economy and no one even in the country believed in communism anymore.

I don't hate Nixon or anything but if you had just found superman you'd absolutely use him to win the war in 2 seconds rather than stay in that quagmire. The rest of the plot was incidental and didn't really have anything to do with Nixon other than him just being the sitting president at the time the story takes place.

Best scene coming through

youtube.com/watch?v=_ijsT49MkBA

Did he kill those people?

definitely /ourguy/ right?

He just teleported them away

*tips*

A few had heart attacks and I think a pregnant woman miscarried or something.

Ozy - /lit/
The Comedian - [s4s]
Rorschach - Sup Forums
Nite Owl - Sup Forums
Manhattan - [r9k]

Moore has gone on record saying he wrote the story because he legitimately believed Reagan would start a nuclear war, just like how he wrote V for Vendetta because he legitimately believed Thatcher would turn the UK into a dictatorship.

He only did that in a drunken state, otherwise he would have kept his mouth shut. Despite his overall worldview, he realized that giving away Ozy's plot would doom humanity, something he knew was larger than himself and more powerful than his personal affections.

{{{they}}} took it away

underated

what did he mean by that

It became le real

This.

I still didn't get what the fuck Dr Manhattan's problem was?

>Nite Owl - Sup Forums
Why?

because he was our guy

Personally I see it like this: Despite his god-like powers he's not really in control because he knows how everything is going to happen.

Think he could have stopped Ozzy?

no

NOTHING. EVERYTHING.

Yeah huh

Well in this fictional reality he was.

lol

Nah

He has more respect for women

Who was Silk Spectre?

This plus his ability to see all sorts of remarkable shit made him realize that humanity and its drama isn't as special as they think they are.

The Comedian was god-tier.

*tips*