How was it?

How was it?

Thinking of picking it up

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=drarLbzqdAA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It was "good"

starts off with themes more like the Star Trek TV series but turns into a straight popcorn fest

I enjoyed it in the same way I enjoyed Fury Road

worst of the 3, but watchable

it was good, i still preferred into darkness though, benedict cumberbatch's portrayal of khan was very good

If you want to be entertained. you will be entertained.
If you are one of those "spectrum" people, well, you probably dont enjoy much of anything.

Not amazing. Not terrible. Better than the other 2.

3 > 1 > 2

Pretty decent, substantially better than Into Darkness.

youtube.com/watch?v=drarLbzqdAA
shit, worst of the 3

Better than new New Hope 2bh

It was alright. Not great, but not horrible.
The villain is pretty dumb, but the white alien girl is pretty based.

Worst of the 3 but that's not saying much. It's a functional movie but there's no depth or soul to it and it adds nothing to the Trek ethos.

>ranking Beyond below Into Darkness

even that was better because JJ is a better action director. beyond was literally NOTHING

What I hate the most of these movies is that they always have something holding them back. IMO, 90ish percent of the movies are alright, but a certain part of it always ruins it for me. Anyone else feel this way?

Don't think about it. Just clench your anus and pray JJ doesn't bring out the wookie dildo.

It was a lot of fun on the first watch, but after seeing it a few times it's become comfy, which is what Star Trek TV is and the previous two trek films weren't. The only thing i didn't like was the underuse of Idris Elba.

COWABUNGA BROH

P. nice poster

this was retarded, somehow a group of aliens on a planet in a nebula, have a spaceship army of 1 billion ships... but also they're just humans that live forever for no reason, except they drain lifeforce or something

>Picking it up before watching it

better than trek into cumberpatch but worse than the first one

what really upset me was that the film is called Star Trek: BEYOND and yet its extremely by the numbers and predictable, there's nothing beyond about it.

the ships were mining drones from the planet, they not only can fly but are capable of FTL space travel for some reason

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Don't listen to the mouth breathing supertrekkers cause they don't like anything.

I liked into darkness better but it's ok.

It's got a really campy original series feel to it.
The autistic alien girl is cute. Literally playing public enemy and beastie boys was going way too far.

Also it felt like they blew a whole lot of their CG budget on making the federation base look cool but it's not really very interesting and didn't mesh well with the rest of the movie.

nah, I liked the first of the new trek movies

It was pretty bad. The first scene sets the tone of the whole movie being light hearted and comedic. I fucking hated this garbage a real bore.

while we're nitpicking
>why did you build this huge city in space instead of, you know, putting it on a planet
>well we didn't want to show favortism or something
>meanwhile starfleet academy and the federation's headquarters are both on earth

>Beastie Boys: The Music Video

I liked it better than the Trek (2009) and Into Darkness.

If you liked Star Trek: Into Darkness, you probably won't find Beyond very interesting, but you might get a comfy, mildly humorous experience out of it.

If you're a genuine Star Trek fan, it will probably be your favorite of the Nu-Trek films because it's the only one that even comes close to feeling like classic Star Trek.

Fucking hated it. I don't even know why they call it Star Trek anymore... the plotholes were bigger than Borg space.

1. Never encountered strange thing coming at them... "They are jamming us" ... GO POSTAL ON THEM!

2. Enterprise leaves the space station and almost no time passes and they wind up at the same place the lost ship is. Lost ship lost 100 years ago... Federation, "bah, fuck it... didn't go very far but whatever, fuck that ship".

3. I could go on and on... just horrible horrible horrible and it only gets worse the more you watch.

FRENCH FRIED POTATERS

this.
how bout uhooro somehow figuring out the alien is idris elba just by looking at his picture as a human

She didn't just look at his picture. She also recognized his voice. She's a linguistics expert, remember?

it went beyond my expectations

They ruined the hot chick with the alien make-up

but that's bs

Mundane piece of shitlib propaganda, pretty offensive that they appropriated rebellious black culture by playing Public Enemy's "Fight the Power" even though this is the epitome of establishment propaganda.

How so?

Wally World is selling a triple blu-ray pack for 30 bucks. Pretty decent deal for three flicks.

because she says IT'S HIM just after seeing him walking on video footage, not after comparing voice clips, nor is there a scene showing her reaching such a conclusion based on remembering his modified alien voice

Generic plot and tame action, but I'm impressed with actors. They're chemistry together is remarkable, especially Kirk and Spock.

That's cause they are gay, especially spock and sulu

Public Enemy's "Fight the Power"

>BEATS AND SHOUTING

RAP BTFO

Yes. All these nu-Treks have been almost good. The first could have been mostly fixed with a simple timeskip after their academy graduation. Into Darkness could have been an almost decent movie if it had ended after Kirk died. The writing isn't very good, but to be fair the TNG movies were mostly bad.

She sits there listening to him say the word "frontier" over and over because she had heard Krall say that word earlier and recognized how he said it. She couldn't even see his face yet at this point. She was just listening to his voice.

Then, after sitting there focusing on nothing but his voice for a while, then she sees his face. After staring at his face for a while too, then she realizes that he's Krall.

She spent a long time listening to his voice before even seeing his face. Maybe you don't remember that, but it happened. I don't know what else to tell you. You're forgetting scenes that legitimately did happen.

I know the musical abilities of the negroid races have taken a stark turn for the worse ever since the Jews got involved.

Better than into darkness not as good as the first one.

Everything turns to when when they land on the planet. It looked like one huge cheap looking set.

Idris eebra sounded fucking dumb too.

maybe i was that bored by then. it was also not edited together well.

Oh and it looked like the entire cast was miscible filming it. Are they all under contract or something?

>it looked like one huge cheap looking set

I agree, the scene with Spock and the Doctah looked fake and the dialogue felt forced. Shit movie, gay/10

S A B O T A G E

It was edited just fine. Don't blame the movie just because you have the attention span of a 4-year-old.

nope it sucked, sorry loser.
even worse than into darkness

How old are you?

>Spock and the Doctah
>Shit movie, gay/10
Why do they let sub-standard white trash normies watch Star Trek?

>its another faggot thinks he's superior because he watches Poz propaganda with a world without money or race episode

not 12 years old, which is what you'd have to be to think this was good