Woah....so this...is...the power...of...star wars

woah....so this...is...the power...of...star wars.....

BRAVO JJ

Other urls found in this thread:

terribleminds.com/ramble/2016/11/02/dearest-deplorables/
amazon.com/Life-Debt-Aftermath-Star-Trilogy/dp/1101966939/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1478511324
youtube.com/watch?v=BR8tVB7sNxc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why does everyone blame JJ for everything Star Wars related now? He doesn't own the franchise. He directed one movie.

How many times has this thread been posted?

Why does everyone attribute the original Star Wars trilogy to George Lucas. He doesn't own the franchise. He only directed the first movie.

>Why does everyone attribute the original Star Wars trilogy to George Lucas.
But that's actually a valid question to some extent and many have suggested that Lucas contribution to the final result of the first movie has been exaggerated. However, the case is different here, in which creative control of Star Wars's genesis was almost entirely due to Lucas, while it's difficult to say how responsible JJ is for its current direction.

Fucking Wendig. If you ever want to see Reddit distilled down to its essence read his blog, it'll make you want to scrub yourself clean.

>a Latino man

Don't involve us in you fucked up shit, americucks.

Are people seriously trying to force Zhe and Zher to become a thing?
What does this accomplish? What do they hope to accomplish?
I don't get it.

numale thrillogy confirmed

>What does this accomplish? What do they hope to accomplish?
Having a non-gendered set of pronouns in the English language. In a sci-fi setting where characters can be legitimately genderless, it's convenient. If you take offense to the words, simply don't use them; they don't harm you by simply existing within the lexicon. I don't particularly like certain words, yet I still acknowledge that they may have use to someone and that people are entitled to use them if they please.

Key word: force
They are trying to force people to use these words as evidence by Canada's bill to fine people using "incorrect" pronouns

Incorrect. The law you're referencing only adds the phrase "gender identity or expression" to various statutes preventing discrimination in federal institutions, as well as sections that prevent one from advocating genocide. There is no provision mandating pronoun usage. Whatever source you used is, in all likelihood, trying to mislead you.

I thought the whole time Zhe was that girls name. Was wondering about grammar sometimes.

Wait, wat? I'm confused. Do standard gays get their own pronouns now or is this post referencing two separate characters?

Advocating genocide is my god given right as a Canadian. Burn in hell, SJW fagbot

>Having a non-gendered set of pronouns in the English language

What are "it/they" if not neuter pronouns?

Holy shit is there any other fandom that got their franchise JUSTE'D up harder than Star Wars?

terribleminds.com/ramble/2016/11/02/dearest-deplorables/

What's it with him and meteors?

>nyan cat

very funny how all these peoples shitposting culture comes from Sup Forums and they probably dont even know it

LE IF YOU LE HATE TFA YOU LE ARE A CONTRARIAN DRONE! IT'S SO FLIPPING EPIC HOW DISNEY REMADE A NEW HOPE AND PISSED ON EVERYTHING THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY ACCOMPLISHED! I FLIPPIN LOVE EMPEROR PALPATINE 2.0 AND LUKE 2.0 FUCK THE ORIGINALS

having a gay character honestly doesnt trigger me

Dehumanizing, which one would think would be very appropriate for such deviants, but what can you do.

you managed to be even more reddit than him
unmistakable sign that it's time to kill yourself for real

"They" is plural, while "it" is considered demeaning when used as the sole pronoun for an adult person.

Was about to go the the site, but url triggered me to hard.

Can't handle sarcastic caps? Grow a thicker skin pussy.

>caring for Star Wars after the prequels and TFA
Just let it go. Plus, the books have always been shit and if you read them you are beyond saving.

Jew

Such is the fate of Western civilization.

The Darth Bane audiobooks are great queermo. If you want to bitch that "I like real novels better" I will retort with "I like real films better"

Its almost like a person's gender is intimately tied to their identity and humanity...

While I don't quite see the point of making new pronouns, and his dinosaur snark is annoying and ultimately meaningless, I can't argue with
>I you can imagine a world where Luke Skywalker would be irritated that there were gay people around him, you completely missed the point of Star Wars.
I can't imagine that at all. He put up with C3PO, didn't he? And who knows if Luke was completely straight anyway.

To some extent it can be, but if one doesn't think another's "gender identity" is valid, they have no claim to demand to be called anything unusual, especially if they have to butcher the language in requesting "special pronouns."

>you completely missed the point of Star Wars.
Seems like a hyperbole. I think might have gotten "some" of Star Wars. It is just World War II in space, along with the themes of family and the hero's journey, right? I got that, didn't I? Did I really "completely" miss the point?

None of this shit will ever be mentioned in the movies, though. Why even bother?

Yes it's about Vietnam you fat redditor

The author sounds like a gigantic cunt. I wouldn't purchase anything he's involved in. I don't even give a shit about gay people and whatever the fuck. This dude just sounds like a bitch.

>not calling an alien it/they because its dehumanizing
>an alien
What kind of dumbfuck logic is your brain fuelled by?

Woow, look at this fucking moron. Star Wars is clearly about the Punic Wars; Vader is Scipio to a fucking tee.

Why is the University of Toronto forcing their staff to use the pronouns, then?

>implying Star Wars isn't about the Austro-Hungarian Compromise of 1867

Go back to facebook, kiddo.

>None of this shit will ever be mentioned in the movies, though
Bingo, daddio. The movies will never explain what happened between episodes 6 and 7 so that way Disney can sell you that story separately in order to make an extra buck.

Is this real?

Why is he using retarded pronouns? Has a SJW crept into my Star Wars?

Yes

Whoa, the bad guys are white males? Truly groundbreaking, never seen before

amazon.com/Life-Debt-Aftermath-Star-Trilogy/dp/1101966939/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1478511324

Really makes you think

UT chose to go beyond the letter of the law, as well as the spirit of it. UT is currently grappling with the ramifications of that choice, and may very likely settle on a reasonable middle ground. Extrapolating that situation into a nation-wide lingual mandate is a bit of a stretch.

Christ, it reads like a beyond amateur version of blood meridian

They didn't choose to go beyond the letter of the law; it's their interpretation of the law that it prescribes use of the pronouns. I'm not an expert on Canadian law, so I can't tell whether they're right, but it'd be surprising to me if the University's legal department significantly misinterpreted the statute.

>"As such, the ground is rough beneath him."
I get what he's trying to say, but this is not how you should use "as such".

JJ wrote TFA so he did more than just direct it.

>she can totally look happy and nice in this photograph goyim

lmao

>The movies will never explain what happened between episodes 6 and 7
JJ has said he wants to make a prequel film to this.

It pisses me off because Episode 7 should have begun showing Luke training the new Jedi before they turn against him and join Kylo/Snoke etc otherwise TFA feels so incomplete.

By the way, aftermath was COMPLETELY written in present tense and was an absolute fucking cluster fuck

Why would you even go anywhere near shit like that?

Curiosity after one of these threads, you can read previews of it on amazon, a true literary shitshow

>They didn't choose to go beyond the letter of the law
The law in no way mandates or even implies a mandate for speech; it simply extends the anti-discrimination policies previously in place for race, sex, (etc.) to gender identity and expression.
>it'd be surprising to me if the University's legal department significantly misinterpreted the statute.
All I've seen points to this being primarily a choice of their HR department, not their legal one. UT would have been in compliance with the law even prior to its passage; their choice was to go even further.

The latter, his nonsense is about Aftermath, the passage is from Life Debt

Aftermath was terrible and the problem wasn't that the major character in question is gay but that it comes out of nowhere and adds nothing

Life Debt is actually much better, surprisingly, though still not really good but it does at least make Sinjir being gay relevant to conversation so that's nice

Basically, read Twilight Company, Lost Stars, and Bloodline

When will these sanctimonious nerds fucking get it?

I don't give a fuck what you want to call yourself or who you want to fuck. I couldn't fucking care less. What I don't want is having it shoved down my throat at every fucking turn.

Every time I play a video game 'HEY IM GAY DEAL WITH ITIM A TRANNY FUCKING DEAL WITH IT BIGOT'
Every time I watch a film 'HEY IM A WHITE GIRL AND I LOVE BLACK DUDES HAH SILLY WHITE BOY'
Every time I watch a TV show 'HEY I IDENTIFY AS A CHICK EVEN THOUGH I HAVE A DICK, DOES THAT UPSET YOU SHITLORD?'

I don't have a problem with your mental delusions or perversions. Knock yourself out, be who you wanna be. Just stop shoehorning it blatantly into everything all the fucking time and then getting uppity when people get annoyed because you've turned what they love into just another vehicle to push your agenda.

Also yeah I really dislike his style but whatever

Seriously though especially Bloodline

Horrible

Sometimes genocide is the right thing to do.

You're blowing it way out of proportion. You're probably experiencing confirmation bias; you're taking note of the times these things happen, and disregarding the far larger "normal" times where they don't. If you were to actually look up the amount of movies/tv that have or mention transgender people, for instance, you would see that it's actually fairly rare, compared to those that don't.

But bloodline isn't even by cuck wendig

youtube.com/watch?v=BR8tVB7sNxc

David Cameron, who is a dean at the university, refers to potential violation of the Ontario Human Rights Act. so he clearly thinks it is a legal issue as well.

>nyan cat

Is this dude a time traveler

does the word nigger harm you?

The funny thing is trans people used to get super pissed off from being called it or other non gendered things

Now the younger generation uses those terms to identify themselves.

The OHRC is very different from Bill C-16. The OHRC used very irresponsible language, while C-16 was considerably more measured. The problem is with the OHRC, and I would support changing the OHRC's wording to be less extreme.
>does the word nigger harm you?
Not me personally, no. It could harm someone emotionally, if they're particularly sensitive to race. It could also harm the user of the word, who could face severe social ramifications. But even harmful words still remain in the lexicon, as reminders, if nothing else.