/who/ - Doctor Who General

The War edition

At peace:

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/WalesOnline/status/795595967219335172
walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/cardiffs-doctor-who-experience-close-12138399#ICID=sharebar_twitter
doctorwhotv.co.uk/doctor-who-experience-to-close-in-2017-81546.htm
bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/2016/09/bbc-america-brings-destroyed-doctor-who-episodes-back-to-life
doctorwhonews.net/2012/03/dwn140312133008-doctor-who-experience.html?m=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Shhh. /who/ is sleeping.

The Short Trips competition has an official winner.

>Until now, an offered chance from the Doctor has never stopped the villain's schemes.
>Until now, the android armies, the powerful space stations, the mind-control rays, have gone unchecked to disastrous effect.
>Until now...
>...But then what happens?

Has anyone read The Cabinet of Light?
Wondering if its worth my time

yes. it's goat. It's a doctor-lite story though, so take that into consideration.

>tfw they didn't pick me
DELETE THIS!!

What did you submit?

Is it a book or a play?

A reading of a short story, as the title suggests.

DW Experience to close.

twitter.com/WalesOnline/status/795595967219335172

>DW Experience to close.
JUST

Aww, went to the one in London in 2011 and quite enjoyed it. I can't imagine it was doing that well at all though, since you're not really gonna go more than once or twice, and the show's been off air for nearly a year

Their lease has run out, but no announcement of it moving elsewhere (yet?)

>cancellation incoming

Post comfy classic who episodes

>The Ribos Operation

Anyone uploaded Power of the Daleks yet?

Marco Polo

thanks for the (you), have one in return, friendo

What happened to the doctors grand daughter?

y-you too.

Got raped by a Cyberman in the 1800's, hasn't been seen in the show since tho I think she has some audios.

I give it 5 years before the show's off the air.

walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/cardiffs-doctor-who-experience-close-12138399#ICID=sharebar_twitter

Nearly finished reading legends of river song and I'm actually really enjoying it. Might give the diary of river song a listen to next.
Was thinking of getting In the Blood book, what's /who/s opinion on it? Is there any other books that have been out recently I should read first?

The Daemons

The DW Experience does very well, draws a lot of tourism and revenue to Cardiff.

I would imagine local business owners aren't too happy about this news.

>The DW Experience does very well, draws a lot of tourism and revenue to Cardiff.
Any evidence for that available?

Chibnall will make it popular again among normies.
At what cost though ?

nu-who is shit

Where can I find some sexual Corakinus fanfiction?

apparently it was always meant to do only 5 years. no idea why.
maybe its being moved to another location? would suck if its going away forever.

If dr who was being made outside the bbc from 2017 onwards I woulddn't be suprised.
They would never sell it - just franchise it out.

What other reason would people have to go to Cardiff?

What's stopping them from signing a new lease I wonder...

Pikeys stole all their pens

I look forward to 'Amazon UK presents Chris Chibnall's Doctor Who', in 2018.

10x the BBC budget and 83% less gay.

FUCK.
doctorwhotv.co.uk/doctor-who-experience-to-close-in-2017-81546.htm

The Moonbase

>ran by the guy who wrote pic related
>less gay

Will they move somewhere else?

No.

Why not?

>The War
Is it ok to read The Book of Way before any other Faction Paradox stories?

I think being confused is part of the point, so yes.

>they know

Should be, it was the first thing published and acts as a guidebook to the rest of the books and audios. Really you can read anything at any time, though, the Faction's nature kind of makes narrative structure a moot point.

Anyone uploaded Power of the Daleks yet?

>the first thing published
What about the EDAs?

>assuming anyone bought it
>already discounted 50% FOCUS50 discount code

Well, yeah, apart from those. And technically Christmas on a Rational Planet is the first appearance of Grandfather Paradox, so you could start in the VNAs too.

just buy it so we get more

My bad. My usual news source had just tweeted it. I assumed it was new.
I hope they rearrange it a little more before they shut it down. I went less than a year after The Five-ish Doctors was filmed, and it looked totally different.

Captain John Hart is the best waifu.

I was saying the BBC knows Chibnall is gonna end the franchise. Don't worry m8.

BBCA is gonna show it soon, and you'll be able to stream it on their site the next day if you don't get the channel.

bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/2016/09/bbc-america-brings-destroyed-doctor-who-episodes-back-to-life

You know what the worst part is?
Chibnall will make it more appealing to the masses. It's going to really become another Supernatural, or any other CW show. Everyone will love how aggressively mediocre it is. It will be worse than cancellation.

Honestly I thought it was the "The goyim know, shut it down!" meme and was wondering what they knew.

NOT CANON
O
T

C
A
N
O
N

Canon is boring.

doctorwhonews.net/2012/03/dwn140312133008-doctor-who-experience.html?m=1

looks like it was always planned for five years
hopefully they move it

He will. Broadchurch is one of the most boring, terribly written things I've had the displeasure of watching, and I'm certainly not excited for him to take over DW.

Series 10 is going to be the last good series. Enjoy it while it lasts.

>end the franchise
>implying it won't be a GOAT Wilderness Years 2.0

Yes the lease was 5 years. Nothing unusual about that.

Not re-leasing it for another 5 years is the warning sign.

What is she thinking?

"Why'd I get the Chin, when I could have had the Teninch?"

A spokesman for Cardiff council said: "The land currently occupied by the Dr Who Experience is owned by the Welsh Government and their development partner, Igloo Regeneration."

"It was leased to the City Council for five years to enable its relocation from Olympia to Cardiff on a temporary basis."

“It has always been the intention for the site to be developed as part of the ongoing Porth Teigr regeneration project. The agreement was always intended to be for five years only."

Apparently, there's a bit of an outcry from Cardiff residents (an online petition began few hrs ago), because the DWE attracts tourism to the area.

This new wilderness years will be VNA dark, didnt you know?

The franchise ended because Moffat aimed the show at Twilight fans then cast a 55 year old man as the heart throb. The fandom's been dead since Matt left.

Nothing can survive two different Wilderness Years, man.

The real problem was Clara sticking around for no fucking reason and making everything seem stale.

>Teninch
kek a doodle doo

more like the 2 inch

>Nothing can survive two different Wilderness Years, man.
So you think the show wont come back if it gets cancelled again?

Blah blah blah
The show is being retired (the franchise isn't ending dumb fucks, not when it can still milk money) because the BBC can't find another RTD or another Moffat to somehow inhumanly keep it crawling on. Like the rest of the populace they have no faith in Chibnall and they realise that good things only stick around for so long in this new world.

>The show is being retired
Top Gear is basically dead. Bake Off and The Voice are also gone.
Doctor Who is one of the few things BBC has left. Unless Series 11 tanks really badly its still going to be around for a bit.

I want to say yes. But not for a very long time.
It will be kept alive, sure. At this point Doctor Who is too big to just die forever. They'll keep writing books, and maybe Big Finish steps up their game and reaches a wider audience, but unless we get a miracle...
I'm just saying it's really unlikely.

>Top Gear is basically dead. Bake Off and The Voice are also gone.
And following that logic, Dr Who is next on the franchise list.
The Tories don't want a BBC who make TV shows. They want a BBC brand who buy shows from private companies but make almost nothing themselves.

>Nothing can survive two different Wilderness Years, man.
Sure it could, especially since RTD Who was more popular than any era of Classic Who was relative to the rest of British tv, not to mention the success of Moffat Who internationally.

I know it's not strictly the same thing as outright wilderness years, but didn't Family Guy come back from two separate cancellations?

>JOHN PERTWEE
Peter Davidson is better.

>actually this dense

There is literally nothing stopping it from being revived down the line. We now live in an online generation in which DW has made its permanent footprint; in the event that DW goes down again there will be a perennial demand and endless petitioning for it to return, and when they do finally feel they can bring it back renewed, it will pay off in an automatic hype and money bomb because they can market it as "he's back" or what the fuck ever, and the whole load of millenials who loved it as teens/kids can spooge over the nostalgia. I feel certain that if it goes down it will be back in no more than 10 years.

>implying

Timmy Baker is the best.

Obligatory link to the Torrents Google Doc:
docs.google.com/document/d/107k4dkqOM_G_4p6eZR90y8Nla1NEiKgB1qMkMmv8Yz0/edit

Family Guy was kept alive by drunk/high college kids, who are at least reliable about buying DVDs. Teenage girls are fickle. They'll move on. They won't spend money on a dead franchise with so many alternatives that draw inspiration from it.

I'm hopeful, man. But not confident.

Capaldi = Doctor 13

good point to round it off and start again after a respectful hiatus

Make the new show about a black female Doctor or whatever - it won't impact the original run that way and can be it's own thing

Doctor Who did.
1989-1996 and 1996-2005
It got cancelled, came back, got cancelled again and came back again. What's stopping it from doing ir for a third time?

>BR: Full Blu-Ray Quality.
>Not actually Full Blu-Ray Quality

Saying the tv movie counts as "coming back" is like calling a miscarriage a birth.

This. I think if the TV show does die we'll probably get an attempt at a movie franchise.
Probably a reboot that has nothing to do with the TV show lore.

/who/ is scared of death, while /twd/ craves for death.

>Probably a reboot that has nothing to do with the TV show lore.
The series' continuity is already enough of a Frankenstein's monster already

Honestly that kind of seems like a natural evolution of NuWho. I could see it.

>it won't impact the original run that way and can be it's own thing
Are you acting like NuWho is part of 'the original run'?

>not wanting Asa Butterfield as the First Doctor

If you want to argue pointlessly about semantics, sure.
But my point (something being cancelled two or three times over decades of life doesn't make it impossible for it to return) stands.

Going to a series of reboot movies is easily the most expensive, risky and not-gonna-happen scenario possible.

Not really.

I'd rather be buried alive.
He was a nightmare in Miss Peregrine's Whatever.

Feel free to expand on that brilliant riposte if you wish.