black metal like this pic?

First for /WoD/ themed black metal

First for IBM = best BM

5th for Furia

Hotties of black metal

Best meloblack album coming through.

youtube.com/watch?v=hvZ_cdyGCUQ

burguli

Full English translation of the Mänttä black metal war copypasta from the previous thread (part 1).

The Black Metal War of Mänttä

This funny chain of events started in Mänttä sometime last year. A friend of mine belonging to the younger generation of the Finnish black metal scene moved to Mänttä to work and his new house happened to be close to where Lord Satanachia of Azazel lived. The guys already knew each others somehow so at first it seemed like a fine idea that there was another person from the same scene living nearby in this new town so that he'd always have someone to drink with and he could easily maintain his black metal connections.

They found a common ground pretty quickly and started to hang out on weekends and sometimes on weekdays too by listening to black metal and drinking booze together. Satanachia is apparently living on disability pension so he doesn't have much else to do besides listening to music and drinking. Satanachia bombarded my friend with dozens of phone calls and text messages every day whenever they were not seeing each others face to face. The text messages were usually something like "come over to drink some coffee", "how about some coffee", "I'm currently listening to Black Witchery", "this album is fucking great", "should we drink booze?" and so on. My friend was working and had a lot of other things to do besides drinking so he started to ignore these attempts at contacting pretty quickly. This however caused the messages to become more aggressive. It soon became apparent that Satanachia would get upset really easily and that he was a complete pain in the ass in general and above all extremely childish. The best text message that I saw was "even my fucking grandmother plays the bass better than you do". Pretty powerful words from a man who is around forty years old.

literal manchild

Part 2:

At first my friend tried to take some distance by politely telling that he has other things to do and that he'd like to spend some time by himself. Satanachia of course took this as an insult and started sending more and more abusive text messages and ignoring them didn't seem to have any effect. Eventually my friend became angry and decided that he too has use more aggressive measures if the polite ones didn't work. He went to his record shelf, took all the Azazel albums that he had, carefully smashed them into small pieces with a hammer, put them all in a plastic bag and taped it on to Satanachia's door with a message that said "this is how much I care about spending time with you and your band".

Well, Satanachia considered this a declaration of war and decided to act quickly. Enraged like an angry child, this forty-year-old man then started calling all major the figures in the Finnish BM scene (Werwolf, Sova, Raikku of Archgoat etc.) and told them that there's a BLACK METAL WAR going on in Mänttä and that this guy from these bands is a traitor and an asshole. The purpose of these phone calls was to make sure that the people are loyal to the right person when it comes to the Mänttä BM war.

My friend didn't know that this declaration of war had spread all over the country and he only heard about it later on when he went to Black Flames of Blasphemy to see some bands. When he was there, Raikku from Archgoat came to talk to him and jokingly asked if there was some sort of war going on in Mänttä.

At this point my friend said "fuck this, I give up" and apparently he and Satanachia signed a peace treaty in the same event.

>Editorial notes:
Mänttä: A small and irrelevant town in Finland
Werwolf: The sole member of Satanic Warmaster
Sova: Demonos Sova of Barathrum
Raikku of Archgoat: Most likely referring to the vocalist/bassist Lord Angelslayer as his real first name is Rainer

youtube.com/watch?v=KjTe-0XTDiM
youtube.com/watch?v=2wBgUkGw0Mc
youtube.com/watch?v=WrZFB2CcNic

Haha is that pic from that finnish bm documentary? I think I remember that dude just being a drunken goofball.

That pic is perfect

Are there any good albums from bands generally considered shit/generic/too mainstream?

I've always avoided bands like Dimmu Burger, Cradle of Filth, Inquisition, Immortal, etc due to their rep. Do these bands have any good albums I should check out or just absolute tr@sh?

my nigger
the Polish scene is one of the best in the game atm

Reposting this if anyone's interested

immortal are a great band you idiot, how did you get memed into thinking they are on the level of clowns like Dimmu or CoF?
Check out Pure Holocust if you like raw 2nd wave bm and check out At the Heart of Winter if you like RIFFS and blackthrash and check out the debut if you like [spoiler]malign[/spoiler]

Early dimmu is good
Immortal has great riffs
Inquisition is a legitimately great band and you should stop being a tool and listen to them

>avoiding bands just because they're popular
God damn, user.

>Haha is that pic from that finnish bm documentary?
Yep, "Loputon Gehennan liekki"

>I think I remember that dude just being a drunken goofball.
That pretty much sums it up

Listening to all of vargs ambient stuff today. It's rainy and foggy, perfect atmosphere

Immortal's Pure Holocaust is fucking awesome

youtube.com/watch?v=08i94pP8KxI

I just went for an evening walk through a dark, snowy finnish forest. I interrupted a moose meeting. Luckily they got spooked and ran away, so I didn't get trampled.
Bm for this feel?

Now this is autism

its also not black metal

Early Dimmu Borgir is brety gud
Early CoF is decent, may enjoy it better if you like cheesy shit
Inquisition is good
Immortal's quality flip flops every few albums or so but they're consistently good

Vrolok is kool

okay? Literally no one has had a problem with these albums in previous years you fucking poser

>immortal’s quality is inconsistent but they’re consistently good
wdhmbt

I mean they're either just good, or actually great
Looking at it again, I could've worded it better

avoid forming your own opinion at all costs
but
>Demon Burger
Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia and Stormblast are unironically good to great-tier
>CoF
you gotta be in a fat goth girl mood to enjoy them. Hammer of the Witches has so much wanky guitar it distracts from Dani and is actually entertaining. Their old stuff is hit or miss
>Inquisition
despite their acclaim here they are a pleb filter. Riffs ring really clear for some reason
>Immortal
have a (You)

What are you blasting?

Check out Dimmus early stuff. Great synth driven stuff.
Inquisition and Immortal are amazing riff fests. Inquisiton borriws heavily from Immortal. Both have furious riffs amd frog vocals. The vocals may be a bit hard to digest especially with inquisition, but it is worth it, I promise.

Eh, Check out cradles early stuff, just to say you have.

Maybe the new Lustre album? lustre.bandcamp.com/

what did he mean by this

>What are you blasting?
An album that probably nobody else in this thread has ever heard of

My goal is to listen to every Sir N. project today.

Shit I had no idea I've deprived myself of these albums because when I first got into the bm I was told to avoid these bands.

Should I check out anything Gorgoroth too?

This is my favorite Finnish album I've heard this year. Keep on postin'

>Should I check out anything Gorgoroth too?
The first three albums are all essential BM classics.

do you do everything anyone tells you?
yes listen to gorgoroth, jfc man

Yes. Check out Pentagram, Antichrist, and Under the Sign of Hell, then stop there unless you're a discography completionist.

>Should I check out anything Gorgoroth too?
Yes. Quantos Possunt ad Satanitatem Trahunt is my favorite album by them, this song has some crushing riffs : youtube.com/watch?v=h_oOVr9UV-Y&t=1m30s

yeah early gorogoroth is great. what retard told you to avoid this great stuff

This for the first time. It's pretty great too be honset and really underrated. None of you happen to have a download link of it, do you?

TOI MÉTAL NOIR

I did when I first started getting into black metal.

Probably someone who thought anything that isn't mayhem is unkvlt. I've had this idea that these bands are trash and to avoid them for several years now. I'm gunna download all these albums though, finally time to touch the forbidden fruit.

Have a raw for all yall's troubles.
youtube.com/watch?v=Qij-l4Xwz2Q

Sooo good

>None of you happen to have a download link of it, do you?
en.metal-tracker.com/torrents/190363.html

have some riffs:
youtube.com/watch?v=eFw1mleMouA

My fucking dude. Thanks a lot m8.

well to be fair, gorgoroth with gaahl and king IS trash, but yea, their first few albums are essential

Incipit Satan is pretty good to be honest.

I used to be really into BM but haven't really payed attention to new bands for the last two, three years. Has anything really incredible come out lately?

fuck off tripfag

Good morning, spengs

LISTEN TO ANTICHRIST

fuck off newfag, he's the only trip I don't filter because he's not a total retard

H O T
O
T

This isn't bad at all, has a classic sound to it with some interesting guitar work.

I will never again listen to a stranger about what is good or bad without checking it out myself.

youtube.com/watch?v=7Rg9a6qCCh8&list=LLHcULyC_Ybn-2CZMIFHog7w&index=27&t=2356s

>implying that not every tripfag is a brainlet

Listen to this or their most recent album
>tastepolice
>not a total retard
Choose one

True he’s only a partial retard

YOU BITCH!! GO TO HELL!!!

forgotten spell, gjendod, legacies unchain, mooncitadel, gnipahalan, mystik (swe), folteraar, master's voice for the last couple years
also check out perverted ceremony if you're a fan of beherit demos

>AAAOOOOOOOOOOOOO
>[ECHOES]

tastepolice actually listens to good bm unlike most of you

Mooncitadel is straight fire

I hope at some point they play a show with the whole L'Odure album.

>listening to BM from bands with members who take it up the ass

youtube.com/watch?v=rMT3QjBAMck

Gorgoroth's music is what Mayhem's music would've been if Euronymous hadn't been murdered.

>meloblack

wh-who...

If euro was alive he’d be a bigger meme than varg

He's an insufferable prick and one of the reasons last year's threads were fucking terrible sometimes.
Also, stop trying to be a kiss ass.

Stravit, Furia, Mgla, Cultes des Ghoules, Sarastus, Nahtrunar, Draug, Mûspellzheimer, Grifteskymfning, theres a lot of great bands, Polish and Swedish scene in general are great, US is also very good.

New Abigor WHEN? I need it

If Euro was alive he'd have sacrificed Varg to Satan by now.

Are there any Lunar Aurora fans who know where i could find the track 'Crypt of the Nameless'?
It's the only track in their discography i don't have and i just can't find it. Help would be appreciated

Not sure if it counts but they did a split with Nightbriner, Thy Darkened Shade, and Mortuus this year

only tourists and posers think mayhem and euronymous were ever good

Euro was a manlet pussyboi

>If Euro was alive he'd have sacrificed Varg to Satan by now.

t. numale thinks numale could physically harm rough n tough Burzum man.

Don't forget Deafheaven

lumping inquisition in with the other 3 offends me

He's a traitor and a false.

its alright

I never knew.
Maybe I should check out some essential bm charts to see if I've missed a lot.

What should one do if they want to secure a legacy as a bm autist like varg or stribro

nice

He stole the precious from us

Anybody think Thorn listens to black metal? What bands/subgenres?

make music that is good or interesting or fight someone who made music that is good or interesting

LET JESUS FUCK YOU