Jonathan Kent: It's somethin', innit? One minute in Kansas livin' on a pancake so we come to the mountains...

Jonathan Kent: It's somethin', innit? One minute in Kansas livin' on a pancake so we come to the mountains. All downhill from here; down to the floodplain, arm at the bottom of the world. I remember one season the water came bad. I couldn't've been twelve. Dad had out the shovels and we went at it all night. We worked 'til I think I fainted, but we managed to stop the water. We saved the farm. Your grandma baked me a cake, said I was a hero. Later that day we found out we blocked the water alright - we sent it upstream. A whole Lange farm washed away. While I ate my hero cake, their horses were drowning. I used to hear them wailing in my sleep.
Clark Kent: Did the nightmares ever stop?
Jonathan Kent: Yeah. When I met your mother. She gave me faith that there's good in this world. She was my world.
I miss you, Son.
Clark Kent: I miss you too, Dad.

>yfw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MyVPh3Usrho
youtube.com/watch?v=rD5wQROo_bs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This scene went over so many heads.

Clark Kent at 13: Can't I just keep pretending I'm your son?
Jonathan Kent: You are my son.

These little moments deserved a better movie

All of BvS did. People don't realize how well this scene mirrors the scene that directly follows with Bruce Wayne being completely lost. He doesn't have a Jonathan. He's all alone. When Superman is lost, he relies on the morals that raised him, that made him great. When Batman is lost, he doesn't have those memories to rely on. Instead his cynicism consumes him inside out.

>It's a millennial takes time to post "something sucks" episode.

Bvs did suck. However it did have some fantastic moments, it had potential to be the greatest capeshit ever. It pisses me off that they wasted all that potential

Right in the feels

It is the greatest superhero movie since The Dark Knight. Its greatest mistake was expecting too much from the audience.

Watch it again when you're over the age of 25 and don't think movies like Taxi Driver are masterpieces

Too deep for you meme. I expected a little more

Whats age got to do with anything.

When was the last time a superhero movie asked the questions BvS asked? All I see outside of this are morning cartoons with live-action actors. The dialouge alone propels BvS far above the rest.

>tells his invincible son to stop
>makes a home collecting rocks on top of a mountain after getting blown there by a tornado
Shitty dad

Didn't even say it was too deep. Why are you putting words in my mouth? It seems like you are here to rile up antagonism more than anything.

Also I should add that when I say it expected more from its audience is that it expected the audience to approach superhero movies as something else than casual action scenes with witty jokes and so on. BvS is a different breed than the industry standard superhero movie. And we always fear the different.

So the tornado didn't kill him, right? Why didn't he go back home? I bet Martha sure missed him.

People under 25 have sophomoric opinions on film.

>DUDE ORANGE SLICES LMAO

>Its greatest mistake was expecting too much from the audience.

You just called the audience idiots

>implying anybody under 25 know or watch fucking taxi driver

>He doesnt have a Jonathan
>He's all alone
>He doesnt have memories to rely on

Except he has Alfred, you mong, and he's still alive. Alfred is the perfect father figure in Bruce's way of life. Bruce father was never a go-to guy for moral advice.

This is why BVS script was shit and lazy because it failed to grasp the whole mythology of the characters and put those broken incomplete portrayal in a messy and rushed plot.

Explains why BvS is adored here.

Alfred has never been a vital inspirational figure to Wayne, you mong. Especially not to the same degree Jonathan Kent is to Superman.

Taxi Drive is like the first film you watch when your turn 15

Witty as ever.

Cant refute it

Boy do we have problems up here. The problem of evil in the world. The problem of absolute virtue. The problem of you on top of everything else. You above all. Because that's what God is. Horus. Apollo. Jehova. Kal-El. Clark Joseph Kent.

See, what we call God depends upon our tribe, Clark Joe, 'cause God is tribal; God takes sides! No man in the sky intervened when I was a boy to deliver me from daddy's fist and abominations. I figured out way back if God is all-powerful, He cannot be all good. And if He is all good, then He cannot be all-powerful. And neither can you be.

They need to see the fraud you are. With their eyes. The blood on your hands. And tonight they will.

How does this scene makes any sense.

Was Jonathan Kent a ghost? Was it some kind of memory SOMEHOW introducing new information?
Was it some kind of Kryptonian power to speak to the dead?

>
He's had Alfred
They literally have dialogue together in next scene

Why did people hate eisenjews lex again?

Jesse should have gotten an Oscar for this performance. Fuck the haters

Snyder FTW

And contrary to Jonathan, Alfred is not capable of stopping Wayne. See the difference? Alfred has never been an inspirational figure to Wayne the same way Jonathan has molded Clark.

>So falls the house of Wayne

Refute what? Your non-argument?

The only time Jonathan was capable of stopping Clark was in the middle of tornado.

Even Clark doubts his father's concept of Superman. He's not inspirational figure.

What non-argument? The average age of users on this place is around 20-21 and most of them do indeed like BvS.

the fact that you arrived at that bizarre conclusion tells me this is not worth arguing.

>He's not inspirational figure.
He is an inspirational figure.

>Jonathan Kent raises Clark to be ashamed of his body
>Alfred raises Bruce to believe in himself and to trust the decisions he makes that no one else can tackle
>Sup Forumsirgins think Kent's fathering is proper
This is why you remain cucks.

Are you seriously saying the general audiences aren't idiotic?

>not an inspirational figure

why the fuck do you think clark became a goody two shoes?

Anyone else love bvs threads? They're getting quite comfy

CRIMINALS ARE LIKE WEED ALFRED

youtube.com/watch?v=MyVPh3Usrho

Did i ever tell you about the time a hurricane came and my dad suicided himself so that people wouldn't find out i had super powers, because i easily could have saved him, and less than a year later everyone found out i had superpowers anyway which was bound to happen? He was a good dad.

>Except he has Alfred, you mong, and he's still alive

Yes, exactly. Alfred acts as Bruce's consciousness, but that doesn't always mean Bruce will listen. A dead parental figure is more imposing to an orphan.

BvS and MoS threads are generally comfy. So much ideological and theoretical exposition it really makes you think.

>less than a year later

jfc stick to mahvel movies

YOU GOTTA SMOKE THOSE FUCKERS OUT

This scene is brutal. This is how Batman differs from Superman. He's aggressive. He's cold-blooded. All of his frustrations are expressed through his body. There is little mercy shown.

Jonathan "Pa" Kent is arguably the greatest villain in modern cinema. Zack Snyder turned a bland farmer from Kansas into more than just the adoptive father of Superman; Pa Kent is now the catalyst that turns the Over-Man into a vicious killer, a dark messiah who offers hope only of being in his shadow.
Jonathan Kent is not an important man on the surface. He has an ailing farm and a wife who may share a name with the Wayne matriarch but has none of the wealth of charm as that Martha does. Plagued by the sounds and sights of drowning horses and his own premature impotence, Jonathan finds the child his wife always wanted in the alien he names Clark, the creature he sees as the ultimate tool of vengeance upon the world that has mistreated him. Gone are the dreams of old, gone the days of hard working men like President Truman or Jonathan's father. Now the world is a gutter, filled with the sex and blood of thieves, whore and murderers. Jonathan sees in Clark the potential to create a messianic figure, a symbol of hope people could look up to as their new god, and thus he begins to lay the groundwork of his plans. He almost blew his cover when Clark saved a busload of children from drowning. All the trouble to sabotage the bus' brakes, and now the boy ruins everything. Jonathan couldn't have his boy plagued by the same sights and sounds of drowning life as he himself is, so he had to take more drastic measures. He had to die before his son's eyes for a pointless reason, to show that the life of a human being is worth no more than that of a dog's.
Jonathan Kent will teach you the Superman. He is lightning, he is madness!

You faggots are reading way too much into what is a mindless capeshit

wtf I love BvS and MoS now

I'm not reading anything into it, I'm just having a giggle.
I also made references to Watchmen and Alan Moore's Miracle Man (which is also a Nietzsche quote), I'd say I'm worthy of calling my post kino.

Ive been introduced to more philosophy themes through bvs threads. Platos cave being the most recent

>he didn't know about something that's taught in fucking grade school until he came to these threads
Ahh, America. What DO you learn in school anyway?

We read of mice and men

I had to read Catcher in the Rye. I was so hyped because I saw Conspiracy Theory and thought it was a good book.

superman is fucking insane from grief and sees his dead father in his psychotic hallucinations.

i guess he was butthurt that he got to big to be daddys little princess twinkle and was even more butthurt that superman wouldn't take him in his manly arms and fuck him senseless.

ABSOLUTE FUCKING MADMAN.

Pa Kent CONFIRMED FOR JOKER.

>Pa Kent CONFIRMED FOR JOKER
I guess that time he faked his death, then hit his head on a street sign, lost his teeth and memory and found himself as a bum in the streets of Gotham after the hurricane threw him there was his "one bad day".

The final scenes of BvS at Superman's funeral. Those were good. Those were damned good.

makes as much, or even MORE SENSE, than the rest of these movies.

It would be a great WHO THE FUCK WRITES THIS SHIT ?!?!?! moment though. and would make people pour into the theater to see the whole stupid fiasco.

>movie starts with a funeral
>ends with a funeral

Snyder is a fucking genius

What's the name of the track that plays when Lex goes ding ding ding ding ding? It's chilling as fuck.

Kentseid IS

youtube.com/watch?v=rD5wQROo_bs

The bell has been rung.

Let me guess, OP.

This movie is too deep for everyone?

No I just like the dialouge. I think it has heart to it.

>tfw BvS reception means DC is going full Marvel now
Thanks plebs

I fucking love this movie

>It's somethin', innit? One minute in Kansas livin' on a pancake so we come to the mountains. All downhill from here; down to the floodplain, arm at the bottom of the world. I remember one season the water came bad. I couldn't've been twelve. Dad had out the shovels and we went at it all night. We worked 'til I think I fainted, but we managed to stop the water. We saved the farm. Your grandma baked me a cake, said I was a hero. Later that day we found out we blocked the water alright - we sent it upstream. A whole Lange farm washed away. While I ate my hero cake, their horses were drowning. I used to hear them wailing in my sleep.
That's pretty good actually - could have been written by McCarthy.

Too much punctuation

Did he meet the Wizard of Oz on his way to the top?

No, but he clicked his heels three times and went back to kansas.

This line was in the movie

The audience for superhero movies are idiots though.

Citation needed

Look at the RT scores and the kind of capeshit that gets praised.

people unironically liked captain america : airport war.

I unironically watched MoS and BvS in Black and White

I'm not saying everyone is an idiot, just the majority don't go to a superhero movie to be challenged in any way.

I was initially excited for a young, silicon valley, super genius Lex

but man why did they have to make him so psychotic? he was literally 1% Lex Luthor and 99% Joker / Riddler

Lex Luthor is an interesting villain and foil to Batman and Superman because he's logical and intelligent and like Batman in this film, the threat he sees in Superman is not a totally irrational one

did they feel they had to make Luthor psychotic because Batman was already fulfilling the role of the human character who hates Superman for somewhat rational concerns about his power?

Eissenberg's acting was so over the top I couldn't handle it and even the script all the puns and like illiterations and rhyming- where the fuck did that come from? when has Lex Luthor ever been crazy like that except maybe in like a few really really early comics?

if they needed a crazy villain they should've had some other character than Lex, it felt like it fucked with the potential to ever use him again because he was so bad.....

I liked the philosophical questions they tried to raise in his dialogue in the script, just wish it hadn't been delivered in such a Riddler/Joker-esque fashion that actually made it feel even more pretentious than ever.

Was it as kino as i imagine it to be

A Handful does not a majority make

Pure Kino

Lex wasn't fully psychotic until right at the end. By that i mean he is psychotic but always in control

Noice. Also source

he was still so over the top and campy though. I liked the scenes where he wasn't talking to be honest..... anytime he talked it felt like he was a psychotic villain. He used lots of wordplay even in the earlier discussions with the senator etc and the whole "red capes are coming" bullshit

like.... what was the point of him being like that? it doesn't really hark back to the comics or any source material worth reading, it didn't really enrich his character motivations because those could've been there without him being a lunatic, and it just came off really "cringe"?

If the handful is 99.99%, then yes.

Yeah, it's surprising how good it looks even in B&W

literally in the filename

>DUDE SHOULDA LET THE KIDS DROWN LMAO
>DUDE I LET THE HORSES DROWN LMAO

Kent was a madman that needed to be put down.

This desu. Pa kent is the final villain

>tfw humans blast Superman with a nuke and he still doesn't get mad at us

Superman is Cute.

CUTE!

lmao if bruce cared about what alfred said he wouldn't be the bat in the first place

>DC Superhero films
The journey of finding purpose and understanding in a confusing world. Father figures and icons make up the role models for our heroes, who then inevitably clash due to differing ideologies and beliefs. Philosophical and societal questions are raised as to what actually happens to humans when faced with God. Do we believe or shun him? Stories are further made potent through a powerful imagery that speaks of the religious undertones of God living among us.

>Marvel
Liberal PC propaganda intended to comfort the viewers and shut them in from actual conflict. Violence is made to look fun while no character ever truly struggles or wavers in his always perfect beliefs.

Exactly. Bruce has never really cared what Alfred has said. Alfred is supporting Bruce in whatever shenanigans he comes up with. Jonathan questions Clark. Forces him to understand the problem from a different perspective. Teaches him that his way isn't always the right. That a good can make a wrong and it would still be good. They have nowhere the same influences on their respective superheroes.

I can understand this point. I'm not that invested in the comics so I usually don't mind changes. But I can understand why someone would dislike Lex, a rational cold calculator, turn into a lesser Joker. I like to approach BvS as its own thing. Batman is broken. Superman is bitter. Lex is psychotic. Things are thrown off balance. They reflect the new world.

This is such a wonderfully emotional movie.

>Whats age got to do with anything.
In this case, everything. As an oldfag, I can totally see younger me absolutely not understanding this movie.

You know, with balls like yours, you belong here.