Criterion / Filmstruck

Just signed up for this.
It has all(?) Criterion films and extras from Filmstruck.

I really want to get into the Kino Classics. What do you recommend?

Do they have all of the criterion?

>US only
Well that sucks

>all Criterion
no

most of the OOP stuff isn't there and several other titles like It's A Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World (no big loss that, desu), but the vast majority of it is available along with a bunch of great titles Criterion has yet to put out on disc, if they ever will (e.g., Tarkovsky's Stalker and several Mizoguchi films)

>what is vpn

What are some worthwhile films that is left on this service then

Paths of Glory for the 11th

8 1/2

Persona, Fanny and Alexander 4 parter

400 Blow, Jules and Jim

Lola, The Umbrellas of Cherbourg

The Rules of the Game, Grand Illusion

Close Up, Where is the Friend's Home? A Taste of Cherry

Carnival of Souls

Eyes without a Face, Judex

Antonioni Trilogy plus Red Desert

Tie Me Up, Tie Me Down and Talk to Her

The Fire Within, The Lovers

The Discreet Charm of the Bourgeoisie

Mulholland Drive

A Hard Day's Night

House

The 39 Steps

Orpheus, Beauty and the Beast

The Brood

Belle De Jour

Under the Volcano

Fassbinder: World on a Wire, Ali Fear Eats the Soul, Beware a Holy Whore, Petra von Kant

The Silence of the Lambs (plus commentary)

Also Lady Snowblood, The Player, Throne of Blood, Wild Strawberries theres a lot of good stuff, depends what you're in the mood for... In the Mood for Love

>not living in a relevant country

bump

They have a "John Ford in the 30s" selection right now, if I'm not mistaken. I'd start with that

Ps4 app when?

2017, i think i read february hopefully but they are working on it, I'm also waiting.. just air playing to apple tv now but I think ps4 would look a lot better

>It's an OP asks a question and fucks off before he gets answers episode

>It's 'another streaming site brought down by silly dated copyrights' rerun.
>Even more limited than MUBI

laughing torrents

>It's an entitled memellenial post

For the cost, less than one cinema ticket a month, there's plenty of content.

I'm curious, how is it more limited than mubi? It has access to less films? Or will Filmstruck take off films as they add new ones each week? I'm considering subscribing to at least one of them. Will filmstrucks streams of criterion be as high quality as their blu rays?

>Will filmstrucks streams of criterion be as high quality as their blu rays?

Of course not user, looks fine, but not pristine.

Why even defend garbage like this honestly? It's very limited service due to antiquated copyrights, even more so than MUBI which has more films for more countries playing at all times.

MUBI is at least competitive because they often have stuff that's not even in PassThePopcorn (newer European films).

Is it free?

>garbage

Really user, no hyperbole or pretension? It's "garbage?" Why, exactly? It's not the entire criterion collection in blurry quality and doesnt provide a hooker to tickle your balls whilst watching?

It has a ton of great films and costs eleven bucks. It's not perfect, but it's a great service for fans of cinema. At least those of us that are corny enough to still enjoy things unironically.

No but it fucking should be.

Does this cost money though?
Between Solarmovie, Popcorntime, and Netflix, the only genre I'm really missing is horror. Even then, I might set aside some funds to try out Shudder for that.

Nigga it's crippled by copyright, it's not even available in that many countries (unlike MUBI) and MUBI understood ages ago to go for newer films since kikes hold the copyrights tightly in their hands for classics

Still Hereā„¢ senpai

DROPPED

>MUBI
Never heard of this but their catalog looks real nice. Thanks user

this

Should be why?

see