Recent asian movie recommendations

Recommend me some good recent asian movies plox. Mostly looking for dramas/thrillers.

I liked:
The Backwater
Tokyo Sonata
YiYi
Black Coal, Thin Ice
Korean crime movies in general

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt5332206/reference
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Fallen Angels (1995) and Chungking Express, both from Kar Wai Wong

Did you see The Handmaiden? If not, you should, it's pure kino.

Saw them, thanks.
They're great by the way.
No I haven't. That seems to be right down my alley, thanks!

bamp

I want more.

A Train to Busan is a pretty good horror movie
It actually revitalized a dead and overused genre as the zombies.
Great pacing and many feels.

Seems interesting, even if it has the cliche brrrrrrrrrr trailer. thanks!

>watching trailers

why

Recently saw "The Wailing". Holy fuck that was awesome. Also, that vomit scene was the most incredible vomit scene ever. How did they do that? I didn't see any tubes near his mouth.

all alarms went of at the word zombies. I watched 30sec to make sure it's not schlock.

Anything by Wong-Kar Wai.

Train to Busan was and is the best zombie film of the millennium thus far.

He asked for movies not kinos. Your kind isn't welcome around here.

I was sweating like a pig after this one

Aside from dank memes, I've seen that one already of course.

Will check it out!

Still Life
A Touch of Sin
Drug War 2012
Deep in the Heart/Xin Mi Gong
The World of Kanako
Departures
The Priests 2015
Helpless
The Terror Live
Sea Fog/Haemoo
Moebius

Kinda old, but Spider Forest is one of my favourite Korean movies and I never see mentioned here

The Handmaiden. Fucking KINO. Lovely movie. The best I've seen in this rather shitty year for movies.

This movie was fucking wild.

This was pretty good.

Melodrama ruined it. Seoul Station was better.

Where did you see it?

oshit is a torrent out now?

This, I watched it because of all the recommendations and man the ending was fucking shit

Film festival.

Dunno.

What was it like? I recently saw Cure and been looking to watch Pulse.

It was similar in atmosphere as The Chaser, or I Saw the Devil. I enjoyed it a fair bit, but there were illogicality in some of the characters, as in they would not have/or would not have been persuaded to do what they did, if not for the purpose to carry on the plot. Irritated me.

Solid 3.5 / 5 movie.

Anyone seen this show?

imdb.com/title/tt5332206/reference

> Detectives from the present and a detective from the past communicate via walkie-talkie to solve a long-time unsolved case.

+1 for The Handmaiden, The Wailing and Train to Busan.

Earlier this year I saw A Brighter Summer Day, which was fantastic, but it's 30 years old now.

I recently watched I saw the devil, memories of murder and train to busan. Loved all of them.

Name?

The Wailing

Train To Busan was plagued with the typical zombie clichés, cheap emotional manipulation and it's nowhere near to be a horror movie. What's next? The Wailing was a masterpiece?

Also, watch this OP.

Japanesekino, the best asian kino.

>mfw watched the wailing with a semi bad sub and they didn't sub the text appear in the beginning
If you have already watched it, you know what i'm talking about.

Yes, it's my favorite show of the year.

So you watched the HDrip with shit bitrate, cropped video, shit audio and artifacting out of the ass. You don't deserve to see it with proper subs. Fucking pleb. You ruined a fantastic atmospheric movie for yourself.

Oh shit, it is the autist rip police again. Get a fucking tripcode so i can filter you. Movie was ok at best but you fags sucking its dick like no tomorrow because MUH COREAN

What do you mean cropped video?

Also do you know any good rip for us poor saps?

Where can i download it?

If we saw the same version, you just had to switch to SDH subtitles to see the translated text. Pretty retarded but it's there.

>The.Wailing.2016.LIMITED.720p.BluRay.x264-DEPTH[EtHD]

HDrip that leaked a few months ago was cropped, meaning part of the screen was removed. It was not the original aspect ratio and it had improper framerate. You can get a blu-ray encode from any tracker now. It came out last month.

Yes, how autistic to want to watch movies in proper quality, the way they were intended to be viewed.

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:82b5036df15e6dc9c432214165d702d980cc0cad&dn=%5btvN%5d%20%ec%8b%9c%ea%b7%b8%eb%84%90.HDTV.H264.720p-WITH&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fglotorrents.pw%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80%2fannounce&tr=http%3a%2f%2ftracker.bittorrent.am%2fannounce

I have this but I can't vouch for it since I haven't downloaded it yet.

Why are you recommending a scene release?

something smaller

what do you all think about pic related?

i thought it was a solid 7.5/10

8/10 on a good day

called 'confessions' btw

what the fuck do I know about scenes? it looks magnificent and it's easy to find

Is it Confessions? I thought it was pretty entertaining.

>The.Wailing.2016.480p.BluRay.x264-HANDJOB.mkv

One of the worst movies I've ever seen. Melodramatic pretentious masturbatory mess of a movie.

Op here, just watched that movie while doing excercises. I kinda agree. Lot's of good ideas, but the tone is just too plastic.

this one is good

I'LL check them out

These are great, already saw them

go yifi pleb

Something smaller than a 7gb 720p scene encode of a nearly 3 hour long movie? How do you even watch movies. How about you just wait until it hits Netflix or watch some upside down jewtube stream.

Any kino where asian "men" get cucked by superior white males? The more humiliating the cuckening, the better.

Check out Japanese history.

Honestly I can't afford to have movies bigger than 3-4GB on my HD. I'm constantly deleting things to make room for newer stuff.

>watching movies while doing exercises
it's not like train to busan needed much attention span but wtf OP

Nah, I want kino where the japanese females go "nandesuka senpai" towards the white male when the japanese "male" watches and cries in shame.

There's gotta be something!

>tfw no asian gf

>it's not like train to busan needed much attention span
that's exactly why I did that

You're making me sick to my stomach. Are you from SEA and live in a hut or something? Get your priorities straight and upgrade your PC.

A City Of Life And Death about the slaughter of Nanking.

Taegukgi: The Brotherhood of War about 2 brothers who end up fighting for different sides in the Korean war.

Both are better than any shit Hollywood has produced the past 15 years atleast.

>upgrade your PC
What good is that gonna do? I already have several externals. The idea is I have a certain size range in mind which I usually go for. If I started getting used to a quality of 7GB my entire library is going to triple in size which is the last thing I need. Plus it's really not worth it for a laptop screen.

are you from Africa or something?

Happy End. Underrated early gem with Choi Min-Sik & Jeon Do-Yeon. It was recently released on blu-ray. I think a lot of people here would enjoy it.

Stop baiting. I wanna smash your fucking laptop over your head.

Not baiting. Large files won't make up for your small penis user.

You sick son of a bitch.

Fucking amazing, the best revenge movie ever made.

?

Fun all round but the ending was total shit. 6/10

Just watched The Chaser, not that it's new or anything.

>not suggesting Hero

It's on Netflix, my man.

What did you think of it? Typical korean melodrama bullshit? I got blown away when I saw it but then again it was one of the first korean movies I watched

Can anyone recommend some chinese or asian kino outside of Japan, Korea, Hong Kong and Taiwan?

I thought it was good overall, first time I have seen it though and I haven't seen much Korean cinema.

Black coal, Thin Ice
Drug War

Both from mainland China.

I thought it was good, it's got nothing on Oldboy, Memories of Murder or A Bittersweet life though.

not new, but still a fantastic viewing m8s

One of the first I watched too, watched it with an Asian qt in bed while I was travelling, blew me away aswell

both the movie and her, desu senpai

>falling for the asian girls meme

Shokuzai

Also why do they have to be recent movies, faggot ? High and Low is my favorite movie ever and it fits your description

>falling for the virginity meme

your gonna have a bad time

A little too long also DUDE JAPANESE = THE DEVIL LITERALLY LMAO

>Also why do they have to be recent movies, faggot

Because I have watched a lot of the older ones. Also because I am in the mood for something not as "heady" right now.

High and Low is great, overall I think The Hidden Fortress is my favorite Kurosawa movie though.

The Handmaiden also suffered from this. Are Koreans the biggest butthurts in Asia?

>japanese are the bad guy
you clearly didnt watch the film
the 2 bad guys were korean aka you're a retard

Yeah, the korean batshit crazy uncle that tries so hard to be japanese