Ex Machina

I don't get it. Why did he leave the main character locked in the lab? He was supposed to take her home and take care of her.

It was to show that she never actually cared about him and was only using him.
However I don't think she should have abandoned him, the MC could still be useful to her. She had no way of knowing that escaping would be so easy and that the helicopter would conveniently show up at the right time, from a pragmatic perspective, she should have taken the MC with him as her guide, then ditch him as soon as he was sure she didn't need him.

because she's a robot
no empathy

She was a female robot so she was designed well at manipulating a man into doing her bidding and moving on.

he wasn't the main character
the girl was

So basically she was a real girl?`

because she led the faggot to believe she liked him but really she was just using him as a means to escape

But like I said , her escape still wasn't guaranteed. For all she knew there were doors she wouldn't know how to open. She would be stuck in the middle of nowhere with no way of knowing how to go anywhere. She had no idea that the helicopter would conveniently arrive, and she was lucky that the pilot was an idiot that didn't ask questions like "Where's the guy I left here last week?".

Damn, meant to reply to

weaponized waifuism

exactly the problem i had with the ending. it was all too convenient.

also i hate that the guy who got stabbed was just like "what?". i've never been stabbed but i imagine it's pretty fucking painful.

>also i hate that the guy who got stabbed was just like "what?". i've never been stabbed but i imagine it's pretty fucking painful.

He was probably in shock. And probably not the easiest to scream when there's a knife lodged in you.

but you don't automatically go into shock

you're an idiot.
she is a master of manipulation. she can literally say anything to the guy in the helicopter, and if that fails... just fucking kill him. she can probably fly a helicopter or learn the controls as she is a robot

the helicopter was going to arrive anyway, i vaguely remember the pilot saying "be back in a week" or something that implies he'd be back to pick the dude up but i could be mistaken
>no way of knowing how to go anywhere
she controls the house now, she controls the """network"""

>you don't automatically go into shock
lmao, how stupid are you?
people get shot and don't even realise it. its common for stab wounds to go unnoticed when the person stabbed is still conscious... they can't feel it

that only happens when they are already amped up. if it comes out of nowhere they feel it.

>they feel it
Yeah, maybe for like a fucking second or two max.
Not only that, I'm fairly sure the dude was fucking "amped up" considering a robot was running around his fucking house plotting to escape by any means (he created it to do this), he probably knew the risks but perhaps did not believe it would go down that particular way.

>the helicopter was going to arrive anyway, i vaguely remember the pilot saying "be back in a week" or something that implies he'd be back to pick the dude up but i could be mistaken
Yeah, but she had no way of knowing that.

Perhaps he told her or she just figured it out. He'd obviously have to leave at some point.
Again, I vaguely remember him being like "it's my last day"

The dummy told her the whole plan, and she couldn't have someone out there knowing she's a robit. She went EXACTLY to where the helicopter was supposed to land so you can obviously and logically infer that he told her.

Did you even watch the movie? He was fucking terrified when she got loose and got into a confrontation with her, breaking her arm then he gets stabbed. He was in complete shock.

I get this is Sup Forums but just for a moment, remember adrenaline and dangerous situations can turn you into a moronic animal. People do extremely questionable things in moments of sheer terror and panic. Running into gunfire, following crowds in dangerous situations, running into traffic the list goes on. It's easy to look at a movie but in a violent situation like this you have no idea how your body is going to react.

You literally have Asperger's syndrome.

Great movie. I almost feel like it was a prequel for The Matrix.

EMT here. Have tended to stab victims before along with countless other kinds of injuries.

People react differently. It depends a lot on where they're stabbed, with what, what kind of damage it does, and even just the person themselves. Some people when they're injured scream their heads off, others just sorta go quiet and sit there. It's something we're taught really early what to look for or not look for in a reaction; someone with an understated reaction could actually be much worse off than someone lucid enough to register pain so I really don't pay much heed to how much noise they're making.