Why is no one talking about this movie

Why is no one talking about this movie

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZlaGhihG3pc
vocaroo.com/i/s14YU59rPH3f
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

cause its not as Good as SPR and Band of Brothers

All I did when I was at school today was talk about it, gonna see it again this weekend I'll talk to you then

We've had dozens of threads Mel. Get some sleep big guy you have kino to make

Didn't see it, but dr strange was better

it's shit

>Gibson is back

Did the Jews forgive him?

seems like oscarbait.

The commercials make it look like one of the worst movies ever made. Shitty southern accents with shitty Garfield about a pussy who refuses to kill. Oh, and a love story.

Disney pls leave. Your capeshit is garbage.

Lots of people do.
What no one is talking about is why they actually thought the movie was good.

>a pussy who refuses to kill
Said brave user who would (on paper) be delusional enough to actually kill people yet IRL shit his pants and do nothing if he had to go through 0,1% of what said pussy went through.

Goddamn what a movie. The girl was a literal 11/10 qt. I was on the verge of tears for a total of probably 20 or 30 minutes. I was a little afraid because I don't like Andrew Garfield and that shot in the trailer when he kicks the grenade scared me but boy was I wrong.

The only two tiny complaints I had were

1) the initial assault was maybe a minute or two too long. I was starting to become desensitized to it all.

and 2) there should have been one less rescue before he went into the tunnels. The point was made and you needed one rescue post-tunnel so you could transition into the montage.

Other than that the movie was literally perfect. Think about how many more masterpieces Mel could have cranked out if (((Hollywood))) hadn't blackballed him.

t. pussy

world war 2 shit is the most boring and overdone setting for a war movie, that's why.

some will disagree, but vietnam and world war 1 are far more interesting settings than this overdone and over-represented conflict

will Vince Vaughn get an Oscar? Like he actually did fucking well for once

Its actual cinema and this board is dedicated to only jerking off to capeshit flicks

>WWI
>Dude trenches lmao

Stop

I shot and killed a guy who broke into my apartment two years ago, cleared of all wrongdoing, so yeah. Thanks second amendment .

>mel gibson
>oscar bait

I am surprised the jews let him direct another movie. No chance of an oscar and he knows it.

The commercials are extremely deceiving. I hated the accent and Garfield based on the commercials. It took maybe 5 or 10 minutes after the point he first appeared on the screen for me to get over it. If Mel hadn't made this movie I doubt I would have seen it.

>Vietnam
so you like it when "It Ain't Me" starts playing?

I'm waiting for YIFY to release it

>WWII
>dude hitler lmao
stop it at once

>yfw he gets an Oscar for best supporting actor

Vietnam is the most overdone and overrated of all war movies.

Generation Kill is the only good media we've gotten from any conflict in Iraq.

>Its actual cinema

the fucking plebeians on this board, this is basically war capeshit

shit b8 thread

>Movie is in the Japanese theater
>Muh Hitler

bbbb-bbbb......buutttttttt.....muh Hitler makes WW2 cool

>I was on the verge of tears

Man I started tearing up at the end like a fag but then I looked around and saw every other guy in the theater wiping their eyes so I didn't feel as gay

>a biopic is somehow capeshit

Watching too many disney movies about boys in capes has rotted your brain.

should I see it Sup Forums? I have a free movie ticket that expires next Sunday.

There's about a dozen different settings you could do for a WWII movie. Vietnam is the same generic forest and napalm shit we've seen already.

Yeah it's really good

Yes

>Dunkirk evacuation
>British air raids
>Fighting Russia
>Fighting in Africa
>all the different pacific island settings
>muh atom bombs
>fire bombing Dresden or Tokyo
So much more to go on than Vietnam.

not out in theaters until 12. of december or some insane shit in Norway

usually wouldn't see it, sick of WW2 shit, but i'm definitely going to see this one because i want to contribute to Mel's comeback and the story seems interesting

I'm bummed it didn't do better at the bo. Hopefully word of mouth keeps this film strong in the coming weeks.

Nobody saw it. Band of brothers already exists and everyone saw it so why do we need to see the new old spiderman do it?

because I havent seen it

good thread OP

Saw it today. Why are people acting like it's a great film?
The acting in the first half was ridiculously bad, especially when they were kids (yeah kids are always shit actors but the whole brick to the head scene felt like it was a first take given how even the adult actors didn't react to their child almost getting killed). Kid Desmond the having the "thou shalt not kill" epiphany was cheesy as hell too. In fact, the first 15-20 minutes were all based around those epiphanies without much nuance - him almost killing his brother, him meeting his waifu, him deciding to become a medic. Hugo's accent was pretty bad too.
The war scenes were laughable at times, especially when that apparently dead body sat up, screamed and had his head explode as the battle began. Has Mel been playing too much Call of Duty? Because it felt like that - bullets causing massive open CGI wounds, CGI blood, recoilless guns, people one shot killing hundreds of Japs.
Also seemed like a lot of sloppy editing though I didn't quite mind the jumpy pacing as others had pointed out. Two glaring examples were the shots where Desmond got hit with a bullet in his helmet and when Jake Sully apologized to Desmond - the master and close-ups in both scenes were noticeably not from the same take and broke continuity.
6/10 if only for the over the top carnage, battle sounds and over the top Hugo.

saw it. cried like a bitch

It's MOTY AND SPR tier.

What did Japs think of the movie?

I find that so hard to believe that in fact I don't believe you.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZlaGhihG3pc
cuz it's a box office bomb

It hasn't opened everywhere yet...

Sup Forums can't afford to go to the cinema

best movie of the year, no doubt.

I hope not. He was serviceable and nothing more.

I liked it way more that Saving Private Ryan.

BoB isn't a fair comparison because it was a 10+ hour miniseries versus a 2 hour movie.

Is no one going to mention the girl's eyes? They were spellbinding. I didn't follow anything that was said while she was on screen because of those eyes.

Not enough quips. Also the fact that people are burned out on WW2 movies.

Too busy talking about capeshit

They will when hdrip comes out. Cheap cunts.

Audience literally clapped afterwards when I saw it. And I'm in Sweden. Hugo Weaving and Garfield were amazing.

everyone here is because they are fags

The only thing over represented is the evil side. Its always about americans ruining the world. Its edgy and all but sometimes i wanna see it from the pov of the good guys.

The commercials were decieving. I was yawning and cringing at the family/love story. It was literal over sentimental kitsch shit.
From the trailer i expected 90% of the movie to take place after he had already enlisted.

because It's not out here yet, going to see it next week.

Because ultimately nonviolence is boring.

Still can't get over how amazing and inspiring his story is and the fact that they actually left stuff out because it was too unbelievable

I was suprised, I thought ((((THEY)))) would try and make the Japanese more human. I was glad they didn't. I wish they would have used less CGI and more practical effects, but other then that I was impressed. I started to tear up at the end.

The only CGI that stood out were when they showed the battleships firing.

Really? the US is returniung back to pre WW2 jingoism and with Trump being elected it will go full McCarthy days.
anything non patriotic will be censured.

>Trump being elected
Nah

both clint eastwood films were better

> nonviolence

It's the most gloriously violent wide release film probably ever. It makes SPR look like a PG.

This movie was awesome and the fact the faggot comic book cunts on here aren't going to see it just makes it that much more special.

How does the film compare to Fury?

It's much, much better.

There may be a lot of violence going on around him but when the hero is non-violent in the face of evil when he should be defending himself and his comrades it's very uninspiring and uninteresting.

Honestly it looks boring. Another American war movie and not even about a guy who shoots shit. And starring Andrew Garfield? Fucking dammit. I expected a lot more from Mel.

Him being violent is not the point of the movie numbnuts. I don't get why people use this as an argument against the movie when this was what the real life version of Doss.

And there's nothing that would suggest that he eouldn't defend his comrades. He literally fucking tackles and gets into CQC with a jap that was about to shoot his friend. And he also throws back the grenades that were thrown at his comrades back at the Japanese.

>Those shots of hacksaw
>Them ascending the rope ladder
>20 minutes of pure carnage

Jesus fucking christ how amazing was that

The best scene was seeing the ridge and the initial ship bombardment.

I was expecting it to be, at best, mediocre... but I was really pleasantly surprised. The ads don't do it justice. I mean they even managed to make the obligatory lovey-dovey-flirtsy parts non-cringeworthy. I found myself smiling the whole time for those parts, which I know is super fucking cheesy, but they did well. The war scenes were pretty brutal and went on for ages but I was engaged throughout. If you haven't seen it yet I really suggest you give it a try.

I didn't get the sudoku part, why show all of that in detail?

I assume it was to symbolize that the Japanese were losing the battle the 2nd time they attacked the ridge.

>soldier picks up a body and uses it as a shield while mowing down japs
>Vince Vaughn being pulled on a makeshift sled while mowing down japs

I was ready to walk out

Why do you think the comic book crowed loves this flick...

That's not symbolism, retard.

What about when the dead body suddenly became alive and started to scream? I almost burst out laughing.

>a single american tank blowing up two fucking tigers and survinving a whole squad

i didnt know that was science fiction

Who doesn't?

And it's called Senator's Son, you fucking retard.

Did you even watch the fucking movie? There were 4 Shermans against a Tiger.

Granted, the last battle was bullshit.

i was talking about the last battle, that tank blows up two tanks, i actualy liked the movie until that part.
at least they beat the crap out of that movie version of this asshole.

I sat front row. Do reccomend seeing it from there.

Best movie I've seen all year

HE NEVER KICKS THE GRENADE REEEE

He did though

In the kino he does kick one, and hand slap another. In the trailer they edit the two together.

Yeah while it was on the floor

People seem to think he jumped up and kicked a grenade in mid air

He kicks one on the ground and bats the other one with his hand. The trailer was edited in such a way that he looked like he did some fancy, horizontal bicycle kick to a grenade.

The first half was boring as fuck, it's like a soap opera version of Full Metal Jacket. The second half was really well done though.

>muscled naked man for no reason
What was Mel trying to say?

Why do we not see one Hacksaw in this film? Didn't the Americans name the area Hacksaw Ridge after the common practice of medics hacksawing limbs off.

It was called Hacksaw because I saw what a hack Gibson is lmao

That guy had a literally perfect body, no homo.

How about each individual episode was better than hacksaw ridge?

Probably the best thing in theaters right now

that's not saying much lmao

vocaroo.com/i/s14YU59rPH3f

A buff guy named Hollywood who turned out to be a pussy.

why lie on the internet? does it make you feel important?