Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hn4_Pt3cSYE
quora.com/If-you-dont-have-dreams-what-does-that-mean
youtube.com/watch?v=484HrVCT4yc
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7786906
psychcentral.com/lib/higher-risk-of-mental-health-problems-for-homosexuals/
youtube.com/watch?v=GvyNyFXHj4k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why the fuck are you faggots arguing about queers?

Maybe they meant the Indian swastika

Gays? Not a fan.

thread theme

youtube.com/watch?v=hn4_Pt3cSYE

we're arguing about something much more pathetic than that

>Your personality, mental health, and everything about you is determined solely by your biology

I have some gay friends

OG swastikas

Predominantly: adverb : solely
t. boreland

>implying he knows what an adverb is

This game looks cool but I dunno if I wanna buy a switch

Yes, that is correct.

>sleepy as shit
>been having terrible nightmares all week
>trying to stay awake

Really don't like this tbhfam

>I keep doing block element on the ad at the bottom of the page
>It won't go away
What the fuck it worked a bit ago

I bet this Alabaman hick thinks that black people have a higher crime rate because of their biology and not the rampant amounts of poverty, single mothers, and lack of education. Would also not be surprised to find out he's never finished high school or opened psychology textbook, seeing as only certified retards can actually argue that genetics are more influential in your personality or mental health than societal factors.

I'm staying up so I can do my real sleep on the plane

Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Are Nightmares Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Wake Up Like Nigga Open Your Eyes Haha

no, its not

>ship of theseus trolly problem
Oh man I laughed.

it's a little more complicated than that. view the page source more closely and block the elements that display the ads rather than the ads themselves

>i can't argue against my superior opponent, so i will construct a crude facsimile of him to tear down. this will make me feel better

I've been there familia

Eventually I just became apathetic to nightmares as I listened to music before bed to soothe it. Just breathe in and out.

Stop arguing ffs im getting pissed off just reading your stupid comments.

I think he said he's in grad school

You literally have no argument. All you've been doing is using words you don't understand. The only things resembling an argument were you saying that age = validity when it comes to "wisdom" and that your mental health is determined by your biology (which is retarded).

now Im out of trolley memes

sorry, cara
._.

If by being in grad school he means washing toilets at a college, then I believe him. If he claims to have studied in college, I don't believe him. Nobody who's been to college can unironically say that anything is valid based on its age and age alone.

I don't have dreams or nightmares

Yes you do you just forget them

Literally me

maybe he's a history guy

Huh

lots of cum threads when I looked at catalog you fags have been busy shitposting

Whatever he is I can guarantee he's never taken anything resembling a psychology course.

is ok.

You gave me the best pic i could've asked for.

Rei best girl

I've taken multiple psychology courses and the evidence still shows black people are violent anywhere. What now?

quora.com/If-you-dont-have-dreams-what-does-that-mean
I know the source is a bit shoddy but it is right this is just what came up when I searched it up

nature >>>> nurture

mmm i remembered that Jontron shit

Oh boy, that was one for the ages.

>psychology course
>meaning anything

you are profoundly uninformed.
you seem to believe people are formed as "blank slates" for which there exists no scientific evidence to support.
the super-majority of well-developed persons - meaning people who didn't starve as a child or experience severe physical and emotional trauma- have all of their identifiable traits determined genetically.
you behave exactly like every other malinformed coastal progolodyte. you will never succeed in the world if you don't grow up and learn to think for yourself.
if you believe something, google it.
if you don't believe something, google it.
i will not squander any more of my precious time humoring your asinine babbling.
>he doesn't understand words
can you point to a single instance where i misused a word or phrase? go ahead an search. it'll be good mental exercise for you.
god knows you need it.

I've been trying to look at it more closely but I'm not sure exactly what you mean. I'm using AdblockPlus

Damn right

I took psychology in college and the classes were really fun

Wasn't that pretty recent?

>you are profoundly uninformed.
oh hmm. i used ublock origin. let me look through my filters too see if i can give you any more valuable information.
it might take a minute warwick

Then they are just more violent.

Doesn't mean you're a Sup Forums retard, you just have a bit of information

I took AP Psych in high school and I enjoyed it

>Oh shit I have no argument, time to crack open the ol' Encyclopedia.
>Also I'm going to continue arguing that nature is the most influential factor despite every piece of research in the past half century disproving that by either saying that nature and nurture influence each other or that nurture is a larger factor than nature.
Nature brainlets will never learn and should go back to screaming about "dem violent negroes"

Yes, so what? It was super crazy, legit the first time somebody's politics put me off of their content.

I took general psych, which explained the brain and neural responses, and then methods of psychology, i.e controlled/test double blind group testing stuff

was really neat

Dennis Rodman gets uglier every time I see him

Hahahaha holy shit seriously?

It was certainly unexpected. I guess he had been watching too much of "The Intellectuals"

Source me the part where nurture is a larger factor than nature.

Do you seriously believe you can prevent schizophrenia which is an entirely psychological ailment with nurture when it has been unequivocally linked to genetics.

Just had a slightly disappointing fap
Oh well, better luck next time

why'd you delet?

Is there a god?

>tries to discredit research based on its age when the vast majority of theories that place biological factors over societal factors were developed more than fifty years ago

>new portugal the man album sucks
am very disappoint. Fucking garbage release. Can't believe these are the same people who did censored colors and in the mountain in the cloud. Take me back. I don't want fake drums and shitty over production, just give me this..

youtube.com/watch?v=484HrVCT4yc

Yes, and faith is a gift so no one can boast about it.

i think some things in psych are more nature and some things are more nurture and that it's not so black and white but idk im silly guy

I find really weird that Portland is accusing Alabama of being racist when he is trying to make an argument that fags shouldnt be fags because they will go insane.

that depends

do you judge god as a being we see doing visible actions, like splitting the red sea, or an all powerful being who watches over everything but doesnt interfere

Being emotionally unstable because you're insecure about your sexuality and society's attitude towards you because of your sexuality is not the same thing as having schizophrenia.

well I guess I better go sleep for an hour before work

idk im agnostic
my friends like this band but they're hipsters so it's probably garbo

>that depends
A simple yes or no will do. Anything more than that comes from evil.

Shan't listen

what more can you expect from a proglodyte, than for them to throw verbal hand grenades?

Why? You'll just feel even more tired when you wake up. May as well stay up.

Congratulations, you believe what most people in psychology believe. The fact that nature and nurture are mostly equal in influence and influence each other is what everyone who isn't a brainlet believes. I'm not arguing that one is more influential than the other in everything. I'm arguing that gay people are mentally and emotionally unstable not just because of their genetics but because of societal factors.

They used to be good hipsters but this new release goes too far into everything I hate about modern music. None of their releases are the same, but up to this point they've been passable, this new one is just shit. VERY disappointed.

I actually have no idea what you're talking about right now. I am arguing for the fact that nature will always be a bigger factor than nurture ever could.

This is the where I am making my stand on nature.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7786906

>A set of schizophrenic male monozygotic triplets is described. At age 20 years, within 8 months the three men independently developed acute fulminant schizophrenic disorders (DSM-III-R) with auditory hallucinations, bizarre delusions, and thought disturbances.

it also goes on to say

>It is suggested that a DNA aberration being present or occurring at conception initiated a precise time-programmed series of events that produced the very similar schizophrenic phenotypes. Such an aberration might have been induced by an external agent, occurred spontaneously, or been inherited by a recessive mechanism. It seems possible that the psychoses, the reductions of neuropsychological functions, the morphological MRI changes, and the right-sided ossicular reductions may all be related to such a DNA alteration.

The stuff inbetween is medical jargon where they talk about the areas of the brain and hearing issues.

also

>it is suggested

Why do family members have to be so naggy? I don't want help or to talk about my feelings but that's all they ever want to talk about and they wonder why I never call or visit

yeah but I feel like shit so If im in bed maybe I won't

I just went to the bathroom and when I walked out I was in complete darkness. Scary stuff

well no

consider the battle of jericho

Joshua leads an army of israelites to aly siege of the city of jericho ,and blows a horn given by god to destroy its walls. to them, its a miracle. But to the jerichoians(?), its a disaster, and shows god isnt with them

i met God once

She is black.

I'm not talking about mental disorders like schizophrenia.
I'm talking about being emotionally unstable because you're gay.

is She thicc?

Monsters lurk in the absolute darkness you know.

Also, it will make things feel like tomorrow, which is what I would prefer

I just finished college 2 weeks ago and I'm applying for my first real job, I've had some good interviews and interesting positions but I don't really want to be hired yet. I want to be NEET but I don't want to be an unemployed loser.

Wait what the fuck are we talking about. I'm a genetics pro
t. PITT grad student and UPMC employee

are fags depressed because gay is a mental disease or are they depressed because of societal stigma

Just work a job, it's very rewarding. You'll be fine.

Work is very therapeutic

Also, this is what the source that the hick posted says that literally disagrees with his argument that mental instability in LGBT people is caused by genetics.
>He stated that, although the level of discrimination was low, it was still significantly higher than against heterosexual people. This “lends support to the idea that people who feel discriminated against experience social stressors, which in turn increases their risk of experiencing mental health problems,” he says.
psychcentral.com/lib/higher-risk-of-mental-health-problems-for-homosexuals/

yah thats a load of shit

don't listen to this guy you'll die if you work

FUCK I DON'T REALLY LIKE THIS EITHER. Surely a band that has never let me down wouldn't let me down! But they do. Maybe it will grow on me, it is catchy.
youtube.com/watch?v=GvyNyFXHj4k

I legit don't know how being trans isn't a mental disease

i legit do not get it, feel like im taking crazy pills sometimes.

hey u got it yet not meaning to rush u

You don't believe that?

You have to be miserable in order for you to truly enjoy the things you like

*learns mandarin*
ah, employment secured for the next 3 decades

QOTSA have always been a really shitty band

just go listen to kyuss man.