What languages are taught in school in Tunisia?

What is the medium of instruction in most schools? French or Arabic? In what situations is it French and in what is it Arabic? Someone please explain. Also is English taught as a third language in most schools? For how many years? Also do any schools teach Tamazight as a language subject? I'm guessing not, but if so, what dialect is taught and what script is used?
Lastly, this may be the silliest question of them all: I have asked many Maghrebis whether their mother tongue is Arabic or is it Tamazight. They usually give ambiguous answers, like "Both," or "What exactly do you mean by mother tongue?" Are Arabs and Berbers seen as two separate groups of people or are they a continuum or a spectrum of people, such that you may be a Berber but you only speak Arabic at home?

we study arab at 6 years old
french at 8 years old ( i think it will be at 7 years old next year)
english at 12 years old ( it will be at 10 years old next year)
german or italien or spanish at 16 years old
in my region there is a private school who teach tamazight chaoui dialect with tifinagh
arabic language is tought in school illetrate people can't speak the standard arabic cause tunisian and maghrebien dialect in general are hybrid languages based on berber with berber arab french and turk vocabularry
so it's not arabic it's derja and no one speak the 'arabic language'
also maltese is a tunisian dialect but not considered arab so derja isn't arab afterall

so you can speak 4 languages?

i'm from a chaoui background so i know a little chaoui + derja+arabic+french+english+german
it's 6

so du sprichst deutsch? wie geht's mit dir?

Thanks a lot, but I also wanted to know what is the medium of instruction? Like in what language are the textbooks written in? Like maths and science textbooks, are they written in Arabic or French?

not him but math and science and other stuff like physics and mechanics are tuaght in arabic until 9th grade and then everything turns to french . pic related the last math Baccalauréat test

What language do you think in

french
we use arab only in arab and philosophy subject
Ja ich spreche deutsch
gut danke schon und du ?

derja

sehr gut
ich habe gedacht dass nur Europäer muss Deutsch zu lernen. ich habe Deutsch Prüfung morgen, B1 niveau :DD

>mfw i chose spanish instead of german
biggest mistake of my life .

Nice grammar

no spanish sounds better
german is hard i need to revise everytime or i forget it

i didn't have any language in hs beside english
i was in math highschool, it was just an overkill with math and physics
instead we should've had german and/or italian (i'm from coast, people still emigrate to italy)

Thanks man. That's pretty much all I need to know. In my country all subjects are taught in the state language until the tenth grade in non-English medium schools. Eleventh and twelfth grade exists only in English medium. But the twelfth grade exams are available in both English and Hindi if it is a national level exam and in English and the state language if it is a state-level exam.
I read somewhere that in some areas of Morocco, some particular dialect of Tamazight in Tifinagh script is taught in government schools as a language subject. Does this happen at all in Tunisia? Is there any Tamazight language subject exam at bacaularette level?

yeah, i know
ich kann deutsch verstehen, aber ich kann nicht deutsch sprechen
es ist schwierig

lol dont believe that other meme poster here . Berber is rare as fuck and its only taught in some really few elementary private schools.its not even available as a 4th optional language

i was in math highschool too
imagine 7 hours maths 6 hours physics 3 hours english 3 hours german 4 hours french 2 hours arabic and 2 hours science +many other subjects
i hate our educational system

like i said before berber is more as an ethnic and cultural thing than a linguistically thing
+
i was talking about berber being automatically integrated in our derja
also it's studied in matmata and tataouine and some center west places

i had latin, music, art, philosophy, logic, political science etc.
what a bullshit it was, instead of teaching us real stuff

Tamazight is taught everywhere in Morocco

why people outside of rif and souss can't speak tamazight also which dialect?

So you had a Tamazight language subject taught in school? Are you serious? What dialect and what script? For how many years?

if i remember well for us math section fags it was like m8:
7 hours math 6 hours physics 4 hours french 3 hours Philosophy 3 hours English 2 hours Arabic 1hour and a half natural science 2 hours computer science . 3 or 2 hours optional subject which is either a 4th language like spanish , german , italian , russian , chinese ..... or music or arts or doing a project

their purpose is killing us not giving us knowledge
3lech 4 h français barcha w 7h math fi frança ya9raw kol cha7 douba tarf w ba3ad yet3am9ou fi superieure na3ref chkoun 3mal bac françcais physique wil math mte3hom 7alwa

I don't know which dialect because it was added after I completed my education but from what I hear its a standardized version of central atlasian

I don't know

kenou kifna ama na9sou yecer 7ajet hal snin lo5ra . ti baccetna el kol mel les annales mt3 franca

They use tifinagh and I'm not sure exactly which year it started

Do Indians ever use dialect at school?

Someone redpill me about Tifinagh. Wiki says that it is a reconstruction of an ancient script that evolved from hieroglyphics. Why not just use the Latin script for Berber instead. It seems so much more convenient in the modern context.

i can write in tifinagh
i learned it in 2 months
ⴰⵣⵓⵍ ⴼⴻⵍⴻⵡⴻⵏ
azul flewen : hi friend
i has a unique letter yaz ⵣ which refer to the free man (symbole)

They say the reason they adopted tifinagh and not latin is to hinder education in tamazight as much as possible since it would force pupils to learn a whole new alphabet instead of using latin which is the one moroccans write everything in including arabic an tamazight

I don't think they made a standardized version afaik they just picked the central one which is mostly mutually intelligible with the northern riffian and southern soussi dialects

(((they))) say