Do people like or dislike American music in your country?

Do people like or dislike American music in your country?

For instance, would this music video be enjoyed by people in your country or not really?
youtube.com/watch?v=ZRPpCqXYoos

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V1BDRerUtMQ
youtube.com/watch?v=13NBrdhwVtY
youtube.com/watch?v=mO3IEDRsP2Q
youtube.com/watch?v=Pe5q_TdKbsk
youtube.com/watch?v=djV11Xbc914
youtube.com/watch?v=QHpU0ZfXZ_g
youtube.com/watch?v=Y0U12sjwseU
youtu.be/f10yTpZzuv4
youtube.com/watch?v=er416Ad3R1g
youtube.com/watch?v=nWhDB8JME-g
youtu.be/98Akpf1ph2o
youtube.com/watch?v=2bA2Gnac9OY
youtube.com/watch?v=0l7Lppn9L8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=hNVmV3KtrSc
youtube.com/watch?v=xlSmsKJq3CI
youtube.com/watch?v=ug2N7dwfLjw
youtu.be/HJqlA_HTEU8
youtube.com/watch?v=EK_LN3XEcnw
youtu.be/LL-2slEtzHQ
youtube.com/watch?v=J0QlPfTmwcw
youtube.com/watch?v=ImDMgtnrHTM
youtube.com/watch?v=aGSKrC7dGcY
youtu.be/3MAeYVMRvUI
youtu.be/9VnGIPPmZZU
youtube.com/watch?v=yBwtAySu7Mg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Do people like or dislike American music in your country?
almost nobody listen to french music
it's all american music

What about nice Air?

>tfw discovering them by hearing Surfing on a Rocket in FIFA 05

english lyrics and american record company. There's nothing french in this, just like Daft Punk. They voluntarily detached themselves from France, they're ameriboos.

Listening to them is the same as listening to american music. It just happens to be french people behind it, but you don't realise this unless you read it somewhere

Daft Punk does sound American, but most of Air's music sounds foreign to me. And French singers, especially women, have a nice ethereal quality to their voices even when they sing in English.

Do Frenchies still listen to Serge?

>Do Frenchies still listen to Serge?
some surely do, i guess

How do we save French music?

What about Django Reinhardt?

>How do we save French music?
You don't, people just listen to american music because there's more and it's better. I feel like you fat faggots take time to realise you're basically the modern roman empire but worse and everyone is consuming your products more than anyone ever before did
Ever heard of americanisation??

I'm sorry.

lol what

I'm sorry french culture is dying. I thought they did something like the canadians where a certain percentage of tv shows on tv or songs on the radio must be natively produced.

Yes they do but only on the radios owned by the state and it must be 30% french iirc

doesn't stop anyone from listening to american music
Most of the time french music people listen to is "french" rap

>doesn't stop anyone from listening to american music
from listening mainly to american music outside of radios*

Season 1 was so good

it's sort of replicated in a way (it's a german band)

youtube.com/watch?v=V1BDRerUtMQ

youtube.com/watch?v=13NBrdhwVtY

>Do people like or dislike American music in your country?
english, american, australian, etc., all anglo music is very popular along with hispanic (reggaeton=puerto rican, almost american)

Literally everyone listens to either American or European music here.

I think the recent druglord-funded surge in funk carioca killed a lot of the popularity of american music in the lower classes, it's extremely uncommon to hear an american pop hit being blasted by a favelado's car these days. The middle class either listens to american pop, dadrock or funk carioca.

Why was season 2 so shit though?

Those wife beaters and belt buckles though
I like this one

American and Euro music are more popular than Latin American music? Why?

What the fuck is European music anyway? Is it just EDM shit? No one listens to EDM here except for the chainsmokers and they are literally American nationalists

Eurovision maybe

Lol, who the fuck listens to that, because you know me and my mans don't listen to that

It's popular in Europe though, and Sup Forums always has a bunch of big threads when Eurovision time comes around.

Oh, ard, but I was talking about the north and south America

Eurovision is pure trash. These are just bands which have no other chance to get a platform. You realize that english lyrics doesn't mean it's from the US. There is actually lots of music from Europe, if not for your average pop music.

Is Rammstein really popular in Germany? It's probably the most well-known German band here.

It was popular for some time 15 years ago. Do you know Alphaville or the Scorpions?

youtube.com/watch?v=mO3IEDRsP2Q

>Ever heard of americanisation??
Yes. It's sickening.

>No one listens to EDM here
Speak for yourself.

Alphaville was a nice French movie with qt af Anna Karina, but never heard of the band.

The beginning of that song reminds me of Giorgio Moroder. The song is pretty good.

Never heard of the Scorpions.

post more eurosongs pls

>I feel like you fat faggots take time to realise you're basically the modern roman empire
Whenever I compare America to the Roman Empire on Sup Forums I get laughed at and insulted.

German:
youtube.com/watch?v=Pe5q_TdKbsk
Norwegian:
youtube.com/watch?v=djV11Xbc914

Because Latino American music is shit overall, just look at the most famous musicians from here, they're all regueton faggots.

>What the fuck is European music anyway?

The same as American music, but you know, the difference is that they're from Europe. Artic Monkeys, Edd sheeran, Oasis, The Beatles, etc. and some other electronic projects from France, and Germany are very popular here

I had no idea those songs were European. Especially surprised that A-ha wasn't anglo-american.

Have Reel Big Fish's cover of Take On Me in return.
youtube.com/watch?v=QHpU0ZfXZ_g

Is Chente well known in El Salvador?
I like this nice song.
youtube.com/watch?v=Y0U12sjwseU

>French charts filled with French rap

How do you explain this then?

Yeah, Chente is like a god for people from the rural zones, if you go there there is a 100% change that you will hear someone blasting his tunes at full volume. I kinda like some of his songs.

>Scorpions
>*whistles intro to Winds of Change*
Old fucks like me know

>American music
Yes although the youth prefer English rap and grime.

The kids nowadays love shit like this.

youtu.be/f10yTpZzuv4

Pop musical culture is pretty much the same as the US but a bit more dance and less meme rap.

Hipsters listen to French rap

I gotta admit that one has me tapping my foot. The video made me wonder something -- do black brits play basketball like black americans or do they play football/soccer like everyone else in britland/europe?

>The kids nowadays love shit like this
only 15 years old or the lower class listens to this

Carpenter Brut or similar is coming pretty well (it's a french band)
youtube.com/watch?v=er416Ad3R1g

So Reggaeton isn't popular in your cunt? What about this type of music
youtube.com/watch?v=nWhDB8JME-g

They play football (soccer) the sort of way black Americans play basketball in cages.

Blacks and working class white boys play football
Indians play cricket
Posh whites play cricket, tennis, rugby

kinda reminds me of bad and boujee

Thanks for the info m8. Who plays polo? Only the aristocracy?

>German
>Out of touch

I'm not surprised

Pretty much princes and shit

It is popular but not as popular as in other spic countries, it kind became a stigma to listen to that kind of music because it has always been linked with trashy people. And yeah café Tacuba was very popular for a time here, this song is pretty much known by everyone. I love this shit youtu.be/98Akpf1ph2o

French rap is great
even I like La caution

Do rugby players ever get their brains fucked up like american football players do from the many head injuries and concussions?

>my country loves american music
Good music has arrived!
>sh*t hop n*gga n*igga yo n*gga r*p

we liked it a lot in the past. we are a very dad rock country with many radios that play 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s (as in grunge and "alternative rock" ) music.

but we dont like rap, and nobody knows who Kanye West is for example. American pop culture, except Hollywood, has lost much of its international appeal. many of the bands that come are people who were big in other decades.

Why does Argentina seem like southern Europe in the 80s. So far behind.

I like Yelle and she is cute
please stop hating yourself, Frenchman

>almost nobody listen to french music
Went to a concert with my gf in Belgium a month ago. They are pretty good.

youtube.com/watch?v=2bA2Gnac9OY

Good, reggaeton is shit. I'm glad my brother has mostly stopped listening to it.

>212 million views for Eres
I had no idea Eres and Cafe Tacuba were so popular. That video though. tfw never had qt middle school gf

I prefer Maria just a bit more though. I wish I could perform both for some qts. I'd imagine women get wet for the musicians when they hear those songs. In this live version you can hear them getting into it:

youtube.com/watch?v=0l7Lppn9L8Y

Is Gustavo Cerati still really popular there?

Does Colombia makes the best Latin music?

Caravan Palace is my guilty pleasure.

youtube.com/watch?v=hNVmV3KtrSc

Thanks murica

>rapping with those accents

I will never be able to take it seriously

Behind in what?
Gobbling up whatever Shlomo Shekeltein decides to push?
"Hey here's some some tits and ass we found with dose of progressive politics and a song it took someone an hour to compose in a laptop"

"Hey here's a millionaire talking rhythmically to a repetitive beat about how rich he is and fucking bitches but also about how hard his life is and "the man" keeping him down."

superior version
youtube.com/watch?v=xlSmsKJq3CI

What? I'd say latino music and american/european music are either equally popular or latino music is more popular.
i'd say that the language barrier of the latter plays a big part That most of our music is shit (though not all, there are some excellent bands here) doesn't mean that it won't be popular, quite opposite actually. Reggeton, for example, is manufactured to be popular, with its simple and danceable beats, "melodies" and lyrics, and the same can be said for other genres.
Anyways, here's an amazing local band:
youtube.com/watch?v=ug2N7dwfLjw
It depends on what you like. I'd choose Brazil or Argentina, though with the booming local indie scene (for example, the band i posted), i'd choose Ecuador.

They're literally one of the most popular groups in the history of Latino American music desu

And yeah, that video hits close to home, too, user. I'm the same as you :(

Have you ever listened to Zoé?? This mexifags really know how to make so very good tunes.

youtu.be/HJqlA_HTEU8

Puerto Rico makes the most popular, Mexico and Argentina make the best.

I like this desu

Guess where this guy is from?
youtube.com/watch?v=EK_LN3XEcnw

I've heard of Zoe but never really gave them a listen. That song you posted is good. Never seen a mexican band seemingly take themselves and their music so seriously. The girl looks familiar. Is she in another band

They think it is disgusting, cause koreans are literally hipsters

Well, that's probably true for your country I guess but here music in the English language is definitively more popular than music in Spanish. Yeah, we are big cucks.

Yeah, she's from Hello Seahorse! She's such a qt

youtu.be/LL-2slEtzHQ

Sheeeiit. I never knew Lou bega was German

youtube.com/watch?v=J0QlPfTmwcw
Thanks Germany

Thanks, that's the band. I heard this song on the radio on a rock station and when I looked it up I was surprised it was a mexican band.
youtube.com/watch?v=ImDMgtnrHTM

damn my nostalgia, thanks for depeche mode
youtube.com/watch?v=aGSKrC7dGcY

Electronic music listener here.
Amercian hipster "EDM" bullshit is disgusting hot garbage. Whatever pop reaches america's teen hipster shores always end up turning into commercial $$$ filth.

on the other hand detroit techno and chicago house is amazing, standing the true testament of time.

this is weird, because from what i've seen of korean music and fashion it just looks like what was being done in California 10-20 years ago

>live in chicago
>have never heard house music while out and about
I always wonder where house music listeners live

There is a lot of bands in Latino America that are not popular around the world only because they sing in Spanish, if the sang in English I'm sure they did be kinda popular desu

youtu.be/3MAeYVMRvUI

This song is also very unique sounding, kinda Cumbia-pop or something, love it.

youtu.be/9VnGIPPmZZU

Zoe seem like they would be popular if they sang in English.

Those songs were nice. But the second one had me feeling bad I never had a qt rich dancer gf when I was in high school

Kek man we take this videos too seriously because that's exactly how I felt when watching it, lots of qts there. I remember seeing that video religiously back in 2012 because I was in love of every girl in that video.

Be right back, illegally immigration to Argentina to find a cute upper class qt that hates her parents

what ? even niggers listen to shit french rap, is right

t. spent 2 hours of car pooling listening to awful autotuned rap
the lyrics are fucking stupid too

>if the sang in English I'm sure they did be kinda popular

Why dont they want to succeed?

>french rap is shite
Fuck off, cunt.
youtube.com/watch?v=yBwtAySu7Mg

bump

I like country

Do you like reggaeton?