When will we be surpassed and who will it be by? Now forecasts are saying China by 2030, and India by 2050

When will we be surpassed and who will it be by? Now forecasts are saying China by 2030, and India by 2050.

Other urls found in this thread:

usdebtclock.org/world-debt-clock.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>it's another "the U.S. will lose superpower status any day" now thread

Here's the ultimate "red pill", the only thing that will take away our status as a superpower is war. And there is no country that can compete with us in the sense, and there won't be for a very very long time, if there ever is another one that can.

Theoretically, wars are won by those with greater productivity, no? If their GDP surpasses ours, their capacity to produce weapons and weapons technologies will also surpass ours, thus putting us at a disadvantage.

That's true, but i'm almost positive the U.S. GDP is growing faster than anyone on this map you put, with China being second. But China is special because you have to take into consideration there massive population as well. Even if they're commie it's unlikely they'd immediately start pour funds into their military as opposed to helping the poor people in that cunt, and reducing the chance of famines. If they don't the communist party will likely fall long before they'd be able to compete with us.

It's actually the petrodollar. America controls the global oil market. Oil is only sold in USD, anyone that refuses to do so gets invaded and jew'd. Therefore increasing demand for the USD and benefiting the American economy which means more shekels for a bigger army. That's why no other country can spend as much on their military as America does.

you sure about that mate

I distinctly remember economists saying the exact thing 20 years back

interesting insights!

it looks about the same from looking at it with just my eye. It might be slightly faster, but even still it'll be a LONG time before they actually catch up. If the U.S. can sustain it's growth

usdebtclock.org/world-debt-clock.html

me stupid

funny, I thought we hit 20 trillion a while back

US may be surpassed economically but not as a military power anytime soon. though i have doubt about economic also. i think if they go down they'll take everyone down

>Tfw the US used to be a creditor nation before that "fiscally responsible" republican Reagan came along
Lol

China surpassed you in GDP some years ago. PPP ist the most accurate measure and therefore used by CIA, IMF etc.

Greentext doesn't change facts.

PPP is irrelevant bullshit. We have the same GDP PPP as Germany but in the nominal value our economy is smaller than Canadian or South Korean.

PPP is the most accurate measure. If you don't need to pay American wages to build a tank or a warplane you can build more of them for the same nominal value of money.
And, yes, the Russian economy is almost the size of Germany's and bigger than France's or the UK's.

>China surpassed you in GDP some years ago
China's per capita GDP is like $8000.

PPP is purchasing power, and it's bullshit.

It's $15,400 (PPP) according to the CIA. And they got a whole lot more people than you.

It was 1000$ decade ago

Neither does posting the same "facts" over and over for thirty odd years, which is what the US doomsayers have been doing. China is a worthless hellhole going nowhere and India is even worse, deal with it.

S U P E R P O W E R
BY

Why do people say this when it's obviously getting better. What facts do you have other than muh fake data

The entire planet has been on an upward GDP climb, it means absolutely nothing. China is still a shithole, it still has no way of projecting power anywhere, it would still get curbstomped in an armed conflict, and it's already facing demographic decline before it's managed to accomplish so much as divest its basket case economy. India isn't even worth touching as it's one of the most dysfunctional cunts on Earth and still has major hunger issues in 2017
The same fucking cheerleaders with an ax to grind have been doing this over and over and over and it gets really tiresome, it used to be Japan in the 80s until everyone just forgot them for some reason.