Lesson in Polish #4 - Memedition

Well, 7 hours of late isn't that much, is it?

Finally, the fourth lesson, and now we'll learn some survival skills
I mean, how to buy food in Poland
I highly recommend you to try to use some of these phrases under my post, because grammatical cases are the hardest thing in the polish language, and we'll learn something about two of them in this lesson
And yeah, I'll add links to vocaroo and my former posts below

Imagine this situation - you are in small shop which ain't supermarket, and you see a random old woman who is the shopkeeper
What to do?
First, you say well us known "Dzień dobry", but what next?
You should start with "Chciałbym kupić [...]" ("I'd like to buy"), and then you have to tell her what you want to buy (there is some food names below)
Shopkeepers often asks "Czy to wszystko?" what means "Is it all (what you want to buy)?", or "Coś jeszcze" what means "(Do you want) something else?"
"Tak" means "Yes" and "Nie" means "No"
You can also ask "Ile to będzie kosztować?" - "How much it all costs?" (literary "How much will it all cost?") if you want to know how much you have to pay for your shopping

If you want to buy 3 eggs, you just say "Chciałbym kupić trzy jajka", but if you want to buy 3 packs of eggs, you have to say "Chciałbym kupić trzy opakowania jajek", you have to use classifier (e.g. pack, glass (of water), liter/litre (of milk), loaf (of bread))

I promised that we'll take a look on grammatical cases later, but now we have to bring up two of them, nominative (mianownik, nominativus in latin) and genetive (dopełniacz, genetivus in latin)
If you use classifier, you have to choose genetive form (e.g. jajko (egg) - karton jajek (box of eggs))
For things in 2-4 quantity you use nominative plural, and for 5+ you use genetive plural
In english genetive is made by adding 's at the end of word (e.g. Paul's room) and nominative is regular form of noun

(part 2 below)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0LFiArPQCwN
m.youtube.com/watch?v=NsbStzuRP4w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Some vocabulary (singular nominative, singular genetive, 2-4 (nominative) plural, 5+ (genetive) plural, words marked with "!" have to be used together with classifiers):
Egg - jajko - jajek - jajka - jajek
Apple - jabłko - jabłek - jabłka - jabłek
Potato - ziemniak - ziemniaków - ziemniaki - ziemniaków
Tomato - pomidor - pomidorów - pomidory - pomidorów
Onion - cebula - cebuli - cebule - cebul(i) (I believe that both forms are correct)
!Bread - chleb - chleba - chleby - chlebów
!Milk - mleko - mleka - mleka - mlek
!Juice - sok - soku - soki - soków
!Water - woda - wody - wody - wód
!Cheese - ser - sera - sery - serów

Classifiers (nominative singular, nominative plural, genetibe plural):
Liter/litre - litr - litry - litrów (e.g. "jeden litr mleka")
Loaf - bochenek - bochenki - bochenków
Pack - opakowanie - opakowania - opakowań
Kilograme - kilogram - kilo(gramy) - kilo(gramów)
Box/carton - karton - kartony - kartonów (e.g. karton mleka)

Now we'll say a few words about polish currency
Counterpart of american dollar is "złoty" (literary "golden", compare with dutch "gulden"), and equivalent of cent is "grosz"
1 - jeden złoty - jeden grosz
2 - dwa złote - dwa grosze
3 - trzy złote - trzy grosze
4 - cztery złote - cztery grosze
5 - pięć złotych - pięć groszy
n>5 - n złotych - n groszy

Example:
"Dzień dobry, chciałbym kupić pięć jajek"
"Dzień dobry, czy to wszystko?"
"Nie, chciałbym jeszcze kupić dwa kilo jabłek, ile to będzie kosztować?" ("jeszcze" means "also")
"Dziesięć złotych, piętnaście groszy"

joke of the year:
learning polish language

t. Lithuanian

Im Polak that used to work with Lithuanian diaspora
Your people are literally Polish easants from 80's, good girls but they usually massive slags fucking every english dick thats appear at sight. Tells a lot about Lithuania, fucking joke

Here's the vocaroo: vocaroo.com/i/s0LFiArPQCwN

And the former lessons:
Lesson #1:
Lesson #2:
Lesson #3:

This.

Thank you for putting language learning back into Sup Forums
I genuinely appreciate it

>migrates to britain because his country is so shit
>has the audacity to criticise others because of how their "girls" behave
what a sad fuck you are. by the way, london is literally filled with polish slut + nigger male couples.

get a tripcode so I can filter your butthurt

right back at you, fucking autist

Why would one want to learn Polish?

>implying
What are you even planning to filter?
What else did I post that offends you?

Dunno, there are some ppl who wants to learn quenya and sindarin, and there are some who wants to learn polish, fetish like any other

Dont discourage language learning threads
One of the best things about int imo

Whom do you teach Polish for

There were some people who'd like to learn it in former pots, so I'm still doing these lessons for them

I saw your threads
Siedze na 4ch od 13 lat i na tym boardzie od kiedy istnieje i musze przyznac ze kiedys byly sensowniejsze tematy. Nistety podzial na int i his zrujnowaly ten board
Postuj dalej bo masz dobra inicjatywe, jeden z sensowniejszych tematow od lat

Thanks
I'd rather say that generals and shitposting threads like "ITT we hate leafs/burgers/finns/sb else", or "post qts from your cunt" are killing this board than split with /his/, it actually would be good idea, cause it has made more room for threads and separated two diffrent topics

Nah these was here since always. Its meme threads like shart in mart and >country >white are biggest cancer
On this board i learned language and moved to UK couple of years ago so yes it can be very informational and useful as long you are trying so squize somwthing from it

Just bumping

Dziękuję bardzo pan Polak za twój urok po polskamu jezyku

Kocham cię kurwa ja jestem Rosjanin ale każe cię sława ciebie Polak sława i cześć i wolność i miłość u twoim życie i u pracy i u twoim domu

Sława brat !!!

:D
Pycкий язык oчeнь кpacный, so I guess I'll try to polish my russian in July

I all ready know it but thanks You Polak

I am Russian but i have polisy gf and we planing to leave Izrael and buy a house in Russia in Petersburg :)

Thank You i hoph You countinion this till the end

Only glory to You i know it thet not all polacks are sabhumans

I wish yout life go on a gold way polak thank You very much

>Pycкий язык oчeнь кpacный
Кpacный means "red", the meaning "beautiful" is archaic. There is the same root word пpeкpacный which means"excellent".

If you want to say "beautiful" it is кpacивый.

why not?

Shit, I knew that there was sth wrong, thanks for correcting

I'm passionate about Poland and went on Erasmus there. I still go once a year or something. Also it's a great language on its own. It's complex but really satisfying to speak it correctly. I like how it sounds too.
Finally, Polish women.

Дa ты пpaв пoляк pycкий eзык oн oчeнь кpacивый !!!!! :)

m.youtube.com/watch?v=NsbStzuRP4w

Cпacибo зa твoй ypoк !!!cлaвa Пoльшa и Poccия

Дaвaй тoжe тaк здeлaeм ?? Бyдeм yчить пиндocoв и eвpoгeйoв ?

I'd be glad, I understand most of Russian, though I can't speak in it

I'll bump it so it'll last for longer (just like when you put food in your fridger)