Why do Americans use the M/D/Y date format, when they call their country's national holiday "Fourth of July"?

Why do Americans use the M/D/Y date format, when they call their country's national holiday "Fourth of July"?

To all other non-green and non-blue countries:
Why don't you use the ISO8601 format yet?

why is hungary the same as East Asia in every map?

>inb4 "Canada also does"
Fuck you Canada... Everytime I see a Canadian post a date, everyone is confused as fuck. You're even confusing your other countrymen.

Everyone who says "forth of july" is a commie spy, real americans say "july fourth"

*fourth of july

Most days are Month first then Day. It sounds better and makes more sense. Nobody says "oh its 21st june" they say "june 21st". Etc.

>Hungary
Don't they also do "Family name+ given name" too? Such an eccentric country in Europe

What makes murrica so special, that it makes sense over there, but not in basically every other cunt of the world?

American exceptionalism. Not even the other anglos do that

So murricans are special-special snowflakes, because of the fourth of july?

I don't really care which way it goes, but the US way is somewhat logical. 12 < 31 < 9999

>somewhat logical
Now try to sort all dates of the year in ascending or descending order

Europe is motivated to be "different than America" and they will do the most retarded shit possible to justify being "different".

Other nations (colonized by Europe and desperate for European approval) follow suit.

Is that meant to be difficult?

>different than America
countries using a sensible date format: all except murrica (and canada)
countries using the metric system: all except murrica (and two other shitholes)
countries believing in climate change: all except murrica

>inb4: countries that have sent a man to the moon
>who was Wernher von Braun

>being unironically retarded

>tfw live in anglo city
>tfw you can read a plaque on some government-run tourist shit that reads D/M/Y then walk up the street and read another plaque that has it in M/D/Y

Frenchies always write D/M/Y though. Official government stuff is usually Y/M/D

Like I said, they are all desperate to be different than america.

Won't get into a metric debate but lets just say the metric system is very overrated/lame. Completely made up to be "different than USA" and now its a standard because "everyone else is using it" when the US Imperial system makes far more sense and is more intuitive. Since when is 30 degrees "warm"? Only in Celsius does 30 = warm.
Won't get into a climate debate but lets just say most scientists already agree that we can't reverse the change its already too far gone.

>who was Wernher von Braun
He was an American from Germany. Its called immigration, USA is founded on it and is the #1 destination for immigrants. I'm part German as well.

>unironically replying to Americans

You'll actually see Asian countries also using MMDD since while their long form is YYYYMMDD most of the time the year can be left out.

We are the most contrarian country on Earth.

>Completely made up to be "different than USA"
do you guys actually believe this?

Paris agreement was BS apparently the USA was expected to pay India or China something like a Trillion dollars etc. Once again USA foots the bill for other people meanwhile there are homeless all over the streets of Chicago.

Fuck that! Right now it seems individual cities of the US are deciding to comply or not which is how it should have been.

Hence they are 'Hun'gary.

>Won't get into a metric debate but lets just say the metric system is very overrated/lame. Completely made up to be "different than USA" and now its a standard because "everyone else is using it" when the US Imperial system makes far more sense and is more intuitive. Since when is 30 degrees "warm"? Only in Celsius does 30 = warm.
This is complete non-sense, read through Wikipedia article why metric was created and adopted in the first place. It has nothing to do with world wanting not to be America ( in reality it is the opposite, as most of the world emulates American culture, so this is non-sensical ).

30 degrees is hot.
0 degrees is the freezing point, so it makes sense that anything in minus degrees is cold and anything above is varying degrees of warm and so on. Fahrenheit seems clunky to me. So does imperial system.

murricans are so fucking retarded

>So does imperial system.
i'm in 2 minds abou tthis, if you have access to proper measuring tools etc then KG, Metres etc blow imperial out of the water. if you dont then imperial makes for easier approximate measuring -a pound of something being about what a grown man holds in one hand, a yard is from fingertips to opposite shoulder, a furlong is how long a man can run holding his breath, etc. all have a human reason they exist, rather than scientific. using imperial in science is ridiculous though.

we had no obligation to do so, it was completely voluntary and there is nothing in the agreement forcing us to do it. trump just should have stopped giving china and india money but i guess pulling out all together sends a bigger statement to the rest of the world

How many spindles are 3.141 furlongs?

you misunderstand, i mean i can measure a basic set of imperial measurements apprx better than metric. i can how work with both easily on the fly because the conversion is mostly easy, but the initial measurement without tools by eye is easier with imp. and more natural. its not better, though. its merely another set of scales i can use at the same time for less exact needs.

yeah and I can measure metric approximately better than imperial because I grew up with it instead of imperial and intuitively know how long a meter is or what a kilogram weighs. i don't think the intuitiveness argument really holds, it's more of a comfort thing

Of course, but it's not hard to have an approximation of metric measures as well. I've actually learned to do both. Imperial works in relation to something that you could measure up on the spot and have a rough approximation, but metric is based on something more abstract. Still, metric I think is the best measuring system, both for daily things and obviously scientific measurements. Although it is a thing of habit, had I grown up in an Anglo country, I'd say that Imperial feels right just because I've been used to it so much.

>it's another episode of why don't you Americans do exactly ____x like the rest of the world

duuirrr muricans why dont you suck cock like the rest of the wolrd 8=======>

How many London pounds are 13/17 Avoirdupois ounces?

The imperial system is based on the metric system nowadays.

>>do exactly ____x

why can't americans choose between the _____ to represent a blank space and the X?

you are american

no he isn't, I'm American, he's an argie bargie

no, they dont get to pick and choose between
>why do us citizens call themselves americans, thats the continent
and
>why do americans ______

CHI

CKEN

being on the american continents doesn't give anyone the right to use the national demonym of my country!

thats not what i said!

he's a chicano that received spanish based education, meaning he thinks north and south america are actually a single continent called america

no i didnt and no i dont
thats just what every impoverished latin american and cucked european say
stop speaking for me

not only are you a chicano but also an iliterate
otherwise you'd have noticed I didn't make the claim to be an american here you see, claiming that the entire continent is america is okay if you received the spanish continent model in your education, and if you're communicating with people that did too, but noone over 18 cares

therefore, u r chi lmao

lecture me on myself, yes
forgot this was Sup Forums

>London pounds
>Avoirdupois ounces

Thanks to Americanisation here I see more things saying 'June the 8th' rather than '8th of June' which is fucking stupid but we'll never write the numbers down inn their stupid format.

'It's the 21st of June' makes more sense than 'June the 21st'.

If someone asks you what the date is saying what month it is first is stupid.

Everyone should adopt the international standard, YMD. It makes the most sense considering you would format lesser time values as: Hour:Minute:Second, and so on.

a smart aussie?!
wtf i love Australia now