youtube.com/watch?v=uHZJej98_T0
youtube.com/watch?v=15JCb6P60Vw
youtube.com/watch?v=_SD-uF8uisA
youtube.com/watch?v=F_JF8oSxXtM
youtube.com/watch?v=nAKnDuEwjTo&list=PLENdnIF8J6kG9CaeOeIRSlNsYC-4QNnQn
youtube.com/watch?v=AMuItUv9xZc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

But one of them is Danish.

Also most of Sup Forums wasn't even alive the last time they made any good music.

cthulhu

America has culture, it's just kinda like the default world culture now

Culture is subjective anyway, but in the general sense it's used to mean high culture, not heavy metal or other various and sundry mass market popular culture.

What do you consider their "good music"?
You're not a purist are you?

youtube.com/watch?v=md3B3I7Nmvw

Normie culture doesn't count.
Checkmate, burger.

Sure as heck nothing released after the Reagan years.

Daily reminder that metallica and other american metal bands were heavily influenced by british punk and NWOBHM scene.

Still not a culture

>metallipleb

However, rock-and-roll was invented in the first place by Americans. :^)

>American music

Metal music is just European traditional classical music played with tastelessly distorted electric instruments

You get what I mean if you know how to dissect music composition

>soft metal

wattsa matta, not hardcore enough for REAL metal?

>Metal music is just European traditional classical music played with tastelessly distorted electric instruments

>the metal=classical meme
>again

USA is winning cultural victory and people don't even realize. Hollywood, Disney, Jeans, Windows, Apple. All American. If you don't nuke USA in a few turns we will be all wearing blue jeans and listen to shitty pop music.

It's it's own genre

youtube.com/watch?v=oFBbOHohwR8

METAL IS NOT MUSIC!

*tip fedora*

*tip*

Is it me or are the b8 threads today exceptionally lazy?

Metal is fedora

The record industry got cheap and lazy, they lost interest in anything except pop and hip-hop because those genres ensure the most money for the least cost.

I'm alright with american cultural victory, the only ones that don't embrace it are chink cultures and africans

Metal is gay and relies on distortion to appear heavy

youtube.com/watch?v=U8TcrMFFqJg

Africa is too poor and China literally has to censor and restrict Western media, which is ironic because the CCP already destroyed China's culture decades ago.

American metal is about as convincing as American ultras and American antifas.

This is more of a loud guitar arena rock strangely influenced by Nirvana and stone temple pilots

Why does death metal need vocals?
youtube.com/watch?v=OP0GIa9uJjE

>Load
>metal
>not generic 90s buttrock

>folk metal, black metal and sometimes even death metal lyrics are usually related to folk lore
>america doesn't have this
>their songs end up being about "muh WARRIOR muh ODIN!!! ZEUS!!! SUPERMAN"

sigh

Everyone's alright because American culture is already here. China biggest blockbuster? Transformer. (used to) Biggest industry? Making iphone andtheir clones.

They learned from cultural revolution. Pretty sure the young guns don't give jackshit to what the government want them to like.

This isn't saying USA culture is good either, they are just winning.

Burger metal was relevant back in the 80s, especially thrash

Also, Death is american

Popular music is truly an interesting thing to contemplate.

>make a couple of loud, dumb songs on a basic 4/4 beat when you're an edgy, drugged-up 25 year old
>this is enough to make you millions of dollars and support you for the rest of your life
The only downside being you also end up playing those same couple of loud, dumb songs every night for the rest of your life.

Nah death is very European.
youtube.com/watch?v=gA4oq7DBU8E

Death metal is just an Americanized variation of black metal.

>thrash metal

Almost like heavy metal which is british but with faster tunes and solos.

t. Big 4 fan

>americans don't have cultu-

youtube.com/watch?v=uHZJej98_T0

The band Death

Motorhead and Judas Priest actually did speed metal first, thrash bands added a punk aesthetic to it.

Culture is an outdated meme.

What do you think about modern metal

youtube.com/watch?v=15JCb6P60Vw

Their testosterone levels dropped after they became family-men. They are beta cucks now.
I respect the old Hetfield who used to spit on people's faces and bully Newstead unrelentingly, not the husk of a man he is now.

And properly speaking, thrash was the first real American form of metal, before that time basically all metal came from Europe.

>James circa 1988
"HELL YEAH, ARE YOU MOTHERFUCKERS READY TO ROCK!?"

>James today
"We'd like to thank all of the Metallica family for coming. Please be seated. This concert brought to you by MasterCard--Go Places."

lyl that's just like post-1985 Aerosmith when they got off of drugs and became safe, harmless corporate pop rock.

You ever see the St. Anger documentary?

>James sitting in his pajamas with his reading glasses sipping tea and studying lyric sheets
In the old days, he wrote lyrics after chugging down a few shots of vodka.

I'm a 90's kid so I don't know anything about the "old days"
What songs do you mean

>I'm a 90's kid so I don't know anything about the "old days"
>What songs do you mean
The Facebook level of this post is off the charts.

youtube.com/watch?v=_SD-uF8uisA
LOOOOOOOOOOOOORD

This is the ultimate truth about Metallica: ENTARTETE JÜDENMUSIK!

>Here I am crticising a man for maturing and settling down to stop hurting himself and his family, in a website full of social outcasts and edgy teenagers
What a fucking valuable opinion

Aren't you the metal capital of the world or something?

I think it was the britshits that invented the heavy metal genre but it borrows from blue music as well which was invented in murrica, it's not just classical music.

Motörhead always had a punk aesthetic, are you born in Mellow City, Kansas?

That is why his lyrics suck, you should smoke a blunt or take acid before writing. Alcohol is for retards.

Yes, cause our metal is not Jewish!

Swedish metal is better

youtube.com/watch?v=F_JF8oSxXtM

What are the good finnish bands?

Thanks, Mom.

There's nowhere in Kansas called Mellow City.

>Finnish geography

>I think it was the britshits that invented the heavy metal genre but it borrows from blue music as well which was invented in murrica, it's not just classical music

That is correct, actually the whole Satan/evil women schtick in metal came from the blues.

Van Halen came out in the late 70s, they count as metal, no?

Metallica is for old farts tbqh

Yep, Facebook is truly leaking in here today.

Daily reminder that metal is dead.

youtube.com/watch?v=nAKnDuEwjTo&list=PLENdnIF8J6kG9CaeOeIRSlNsYC-4QNnQn

Van Halen were one of those 70s bands like Aerosmith and AC/DC that formed a bridge between hard rock and metal.

> Also most of Sup Forums wasn't even alive the last time they made any good music.
So what?

Only rock that matters is prog and Americans can't into it.

Nah, the worst are Youtube comments on Metallica vids. Never ever ever read those if you don't want your brain to melt and ooze out your nose and ears.

t. bring me the horizon fan

No one says it unironically unless he's a fedora.

I was three months old when AJFA came out so I just barely made it.

No duh, the record industry lost interest in anything but pop-hop after 2005.

Hip-hop has been a mainstream thing a good 30 years now, it's cheap to produce so there's no motivation for record labels to try anything different.

Rock was a thing for 40 years if you put the starting point at the British Invasion and end it in the mid-2000s, hip-hop still has another 10-15 to go before it reaches that level of longevity.

rich coming from fucking shitskin lmao

I'm black and I know quite a few black guys who still do play instruments, problem is you can't get signed to Sony and make any money doing that these days, the big labels only want hip-hop.

I want the birb back :'(

youtube.com/watch?v=AMuItUv9xZc

absolute S H I T E
litterally

>I know quite a few black guys who still do play instruments
what kind of instruments?
jazzy type or just regular?

U wot.