/thread

this

Regular season = boring
Playoffs = comfy

prove me wrong

The regular season determines the playoffs, not boring

>determing the playoffs by way of 162 games

wow so exciting. it's a joke

I love baseball but I can admit it is boring. I've already been to six Brewers games this year.

>162 games
wtf is that real?

>162

Lol 82 NBA games is already boring enough, 162 is fucking retarded.

Meanwhile NFL plays about 5 then goes on holiday

For athletics, the same is always the case. If you understand context, are watching the best players/teams compete and an "exciting" match is taking place, it can transcend culutral barriers and presumptions. The live attendance reaction is also a large part of this.

Tl;dr exciting shit is exciting, stinkers were nothing happens are boring

Baseball is a marathon, not a sprint.
It shows what teams really deserve to make the postseason

It's incredibly boring. It's my least favorite sport out of them all.

Is there a more fedora """sport""" than memeball?

it's not boring you just need some form of autism to enjoy it

it IS boring asf 2bhqhy fampai smdh ya'll

>beyesbarl

I'd rather watch senior citizens play shuffle board, then watch baseball.

>I'd rather watch senior citizens play shuffle board, then watch baseball.
>then

You couldn't show it with 100 games? How many of the 162 are utterly meaningless?

I tried to watch the game 7 of the last finals. I got late and took the stream as the 1st inning ended. I just thought oh well, I'll just have to wait 5 minutes then.

Oh what a fool I was. 15 fucking minutes later I was still waiting for the 2nd inning to start. 15 fucking minutes of replays and commercials.

watchingcommercialsball is not comfy, and it's not a sport either

nigger opinion

>tfw I went to bed and missed one of the greatest sporting moments of all time

Baseball is the most patrician sport. Everything else is shit

no you didn't

youtube.com/watch?v=9CaDeppJDnU

The link above is to the entirety of Game 7 of last year's World Series, unedited. The gap between the final out of the first inning and the beginning of the pitcher's windup to start the second inning is 3 minutes and 21 seconds.

Any game where fat middle-aged players can excel at it is probably boring. (Also looking at you, golf).

Baseball is just guying running around a square every time. There's so little room for switching tactics, like in football.

The only thing interesting about baseball is the way the game is scored. That's why autists like it so much.

Classic b*sebore fan.
Can't refute the absolute shit that is his sport so he has to resort to baseless attacks

BTFO

>watching an unironically 5 and a half hour sporting event
What the fuck is wrong with you people?

watched a game when I was in NY, forgot who the Mets were playing but it was a comfy Sunday experience. Not because of the sport itself I'd say but everything surrounding it, like going out for brunch with your friends after a good night out.

Going to ANY pro sports game is going to be fun, though. Like you said, it's an experience.

>getting drunk outside at a minor league baseball game on a beautiful spring evening

it is fine to be boring. not every sport needs to have artificial scoring moments like basketball

Fucking millenials with their fucked attention span.

post murican sports more entertaining than baseball,

i'll start

>that tactical spray bottle

Regular season = comfy
Playoffs = comfy
Winter and fall leagues = comfy
Foreign winter and fall leagues = confortável
Foreign leagues = confortável
Spring training = comfy
Collegiate baseball = comfy
College baseball = comfy

You American constantly complain about football being boring, but baseball is the definition of boredom.

youtube.com/watch?v=cEcHZAXSBzc

>not being able to fuck around with family and friends for 5 hours while its on because you don't have any
>wanting to sperg out over sports so bad that you watch them intently from start to finish like its a movie
Looooooooooool

But it never ends in a tie...EVER

>wtf I hate football now

My issue with baseball is there is not much depth to it.

I had the "luxury" of only having baseball to watch this weekend since there were absolutely no sports on. I think i'd rather kill myself than watch another game. Also why the fuck is there a game at noon when everyone is working?

Usually those are the games before they have to travel somewhere else to play the next day. That way they don't end a game in Cincinnati at 10pm and have to fly to Miami and play 21 hrs after that

when professional sports players can play competitive matches from day to day you know there is a problem.

Of all sports, baseball makes for the comfiest movies, though, I can picture myself watching a game in Midwest, some random Wednesday afternoon game, att. 500, me and buddies eatign hot dogs, drinking beer and listening to Wild Thing and Deep Purple, sounds rather comfy tbf.

except i always get triggered when lelbron travels (which is roughly 10 times a game)

oh fuck im drunk wrong thread D::

Why do Americans unironically say soccer is more boring than baseball? Baseball is objectivelly boring, I don't get why it became so big in the States. The sport is 1vs1 95% of the time and doesn't have physical contact

I could understand handegg and basketball, but baseball? It's shit and boring

>all these plebs ITT
Baseball is objectively the GOAT sport
Don't @ me

>Brazilian boreball fan
Ew

>the baseball connoisseur monkey

only underage small dick virgin b& idiots talk shit about baseball. prove me wrong.

Why would anyone watch baseball? If you're looking for a patrician sport, cricket is far superior and it has a better shitposting community.

shouldn't you be scouting a nice plot of beach to poo on?

Is baseball the only sport where a superstar can literally sit on a bench for most of the game? If you're an outfielder, you literally do nothing but sit and stand around for 99% of the game.

I do love my stats

>Rating watchability based on shitposting

Shouldn't you be finding a nice pair of pants to shart in?

Cricket is basically completely superior in terms of depth and skill.

>paki immigrant mad that we can afford disposable pants

so....
>a sport is worth watching if and only if it has raw mentally retarded physically brutish apes going at it like gladiators
and
>a sport that does not reward brutish strength but requires immense skill and thousands of hours of practice is not worth watching

have i got that right?

>a sport that does not reward brutish strength but requires immense skill and thousands of hours of practice is not worth watching
>requires immense skill
>immense skill
>skill
oh sweetie ... baseball is all about luck, not skill

baseball is the same shit over and over. nothing changes. there is no innovation. you've seen every single play before. for fuck's sake, you can recreate the entire game based off the scorecard.

and yes, athleticism makes a sport better to watch. this should be common sense. baseball doesn't have as many opportunities for players to show off athleticism compared to other sports.

Baseball is the closest thing to perfection on earth. It's boring in the same way Citizen Kane is boring. It's boring in the same way the majority of Roman history is boring. It's boring in the same way the Bible is boring.

No, its boring in a way watching paint dry is boring.

It's literally cricket for idiots

>Roman History is boring as CK and the Bible

>American education

>The majority of Roman History

So you're saying British kids are gathering around to listen the stories of the many generals who served as emperor for various times?

Are you saying the US is the only place that doesn't teach of Scipio's contributions to civilization from grade school?

Honestly I just feel sad for Americans that cricket was never their baseball.

I've watched baseball multiple summers because I get bored of sitting on my ass and baseball has like a shitzillion games over the summer.

But at the core of it it literally does not really have that much depth.

Even ignoring the rules as a totality the players get paid 10x more and put in like a fraction of the effort compared to cricket players.

The batting technique comes down to optimising power and there's basically just swinging wildly and bunting. Meanwhile in cricket there's just so much variety in strokes, and batting stances are an optimisation between control and power to make sure you can use either when appropriate.

Running in baseball it feels like they can't even be arsed. They jog casually to bases and get out like half a step short when they could have sprinted to get in at least. They get paid so much more and seriously don't give half a shit.

There's so many STATS in baseball but most of them don't really mean anything significant. Cricket is literally SO much better for sports stat autists because there's LOADS of stats but in cricket they actually MEAN SOMETHING.

Pitching in baseball is basically just 4 different deliveries mostly. Primarily fastballs and curveballs, which are basically regular fast bowl (not even that common in cricket anymore) and a slower ball cutter. There's also sliders and cutters but those are just basically cricket cutters are various speeds. Meanwhile the variety in cricket bowling is just wildly different.

Basically I just feel sorry for stat autist Americans who never got the experience the autistic depths of cricket.

None. There's always teams that miss the playoffs by 1 game and think back about that time they lost 2-1 to the Braves and no one cared at the time.

this tbqh huebro

Honestly I just feel sad for Brits that baseball was never their cricket.

I've watched cricket multiple summers because I get bored of sitting on my ass and cricket is only played in places where it's like a shitzillion degrees in the summer.

But at the core of it it literally does not really have that much depth.

Even ignoring the rules as a totality the players get like a fraction of the pay and put in like a fraction of the effort compared to baseball players.

The batting technique comes down to swatting and there's basically just swatting wildly and bunting. Meanwhile in baseball there's just so much variety in swings, and batting stances are an optimisation between control and power to make sure you can use either when appropriate.

Running in cricket looks like they are raging autistic children They run from post to post to posts and get out like half a step short when they could have sprinted to get in at least. They get paid so little and seriously do look like they're playing a children's game.

There's so many STATS in cricket but most of them don't really mean anything significant. Baseball is literally SO much better for sports stat autists because there's LOADS of stats but in baseball they actually MEAN SOMETHING.

Bowling in cricket is basically chucking a ball randomly mostly. Primarily fastbowls and slow bowls, which are basically regular two seamers (not even that common in baseball anymore) and a slower curveball. There's also sliders and cutters but those are just basically baseball cutters are various speeds. Meanwhile the variety in baseball pitching is just wildly different.

Basically I just feel sorry for stat autist Brits who never got the experience the autistic depths of baseball.

>samefag

Sad you couldn't even change the words so that you weren't just obviously wrong. Low effort post.

Kill yourself surrender monkey

Yes they play almost every day

ses

Baseball is from a different time.

I bet if your only media was newspapers and radio, you'd be thankful for those 162 games.

There's a reason it's called a "past time"

Sadly, it doesn't work all that well in the modern world.

Yeah because position players don't have to stop unless they get injured.

Pitchers can't really play more than once every 4-5 games for a while or they will tear their arms apart. As a result each team has like 50000 pitchers

ses

It's not as engaging as basketball, soccer, or football but it's still fun and relaxing.

oh mexico! did you just start a brand new meme? you scoundrel

epic :^) simply epic

These.
The game is about tradition, mostly.
People who shitpost online/youth of today, tend to have shorter attention spans so they don't appreciate the baseball culture.

They never grew up watching the games into the late night with their grandpa, telling stories of the greats he saw growing up.

Baseball is a commitment. Some people just wanna see men act like monkeys and slam into each other. To each their own I suppose.

wtf. Is this a result of American nutrition?

>4 hours for 9 innings

Manfred pls

zzzzZZZZZzzzzZZZZzzzZZZZZzzzZZZzzzzz...zzzZZZzzz...

just watching some baseball guys :D

You could use these arguments for literally anything, and they don't explain how baseball is not boring

This.

Have you ever read Don DeLillo's Underworld? Explained much of the (now lost) magic of Baseball to me.

What's fun about it?

>boy gee sure is a great day for baseball nice crisp crack of the bat just great to be out here on the field nice fresh air cant wait to see the guys in uniform come out to play america's good ol past time yes sir we got nice hot dogs fresh from the kitchen and a cold beer just great to be out here in nature and seein these good ol boys play the sport they love yes sir just a great beautiful field here good ol fans got their gloves on lookin to get lucky and catch a foul ball sure would make a youngster's day people got their caps on cant wait to get down to some good ol fashion sporting goodness what do you think steve?

>gee golly gosh you sure are right just a great nice day for baseball you better believe ill be crackin open one of those nice and cold brewskis if you know what i mean heh heh but really these are just two good ol fashion great teams here on this nice sunny day they got their uniforms pressed and ready to get out there and play some of the game that they love yes sir

God I fucking HATE old crusty basebore """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""enthusiasts"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Americans will never understand the depth of knowledge that goes into cricket. For example, in cricket a seasoned veteran can look at the colour of the pitch and get a good idea about how the game will play out, which bowlers will perform best, which batsmen will struggle and on which time of day wickets will fall.
I havent even gotten started on tactics. In baseball the tactics consist of, "let's hit the ball hard lmao." The Pitchers tactic is "Ayyyy let's through the ball fast". Just put three fielders on the designated fielder positions, have so comically dressed dude to act as wicket keeper and fuck it senpai just scatterthe rest in the designated 90 degree hitting wedge to which the batsman is limited. Field placments do not mater at all because the batsmen is forced, by the rules of the game, to hit it at the fielders.

Want to use the pace of the ball to angle a finely placed glance? lol fuck off you have to whack it in the designated hitting wedge faggot. Want to play a defensive stroke to keep out a good ball? Too bad dickhead you can't choose to do that just whallop it you goof! There is absolutely no vairiety in the game, no situational decision making required of the batsmen and no aspect of sustained mental fortitude.

All the nuances of the gentleman's game will never be understood by "lowest common demoninator" baseball fags who are more interested in how many toppings they can fit on their hotdogs, or how many roids they can put in their mexicans, than anything to do with their game. Baseball has about as much subtlety as american music, that is to say none at all

Baseball is the perfect sport to do other things during the game (homework, yardwork, etc) and occassionally pay attention to. Hockey is too intense and same with football during game play.

Baseball's fun but when the team you're watching is bad it's unbearable since losing for a whole week straight isn't too rare

> past time
This alone deserves a (You).

All three of those sports are more boring than baseball imo, especially basketball

so you think

There are teams that will be out of contention by July, so the worst teams play what is up to 3+ months of meaningless baseball 6+ days a week.

>perfect sport to do other things during the game POWER RANKINGS

1. Cycling
2. Snooker
3. Golf
4. Cricket
5. Baseball