>Canada
>Yes

what is your degree?

yes

Chemical engineering

o fug that's mine too

holy shit
what did you do wrong?

At least the job market in America isn't totally fucked like it is here, or maybe it's not fucked at all I'm just a failure...probably the latter

Yes.

I spaghetti'd an interview last week. I don't want to talk about it, I don't even want to think about it.

>chemical engineering
should have done applied math, applied mechanics or computer science

It's okay user

I've had interviewers straight up tell me to my face I'm was failing the interview badly

T-thanks user. We're going to make it.

That does look pretty fucked. Why is the number of people with eng. degrees rising though? Don't you have some advisory thing before you start uni where you get told what is and isn't a good idea in terms of job prospects?

Because people keep bushing the engineering = job meme and don't actually look at the data

Also schools in North America are run like business so they don't care if the graduates are unemployed as long as they pay tuition

>Why is the number of people with eng. degrees rising though?

People continue to drink the STEM koolaid while banks keep funding STEM education advertising so they can get as many goys hooked into student loans as possible.

Wow that sucks. From what I've heard there's a similar situation for engineers here, but it's pushed by the employers rather than the universities, who can pay the engineers they do hire shittier wages as long as supply outweighs demand. But I don't think it's nearly as bad as in Canada, if the picture is to be believed.

>Don't you have some advisory thing before you start uni where you get told what is and isn't a good idea in terms of job prospects?

No, in North America schools are treated as businesses no different than Walmart, you want people spending money and that's that, who cares where their life goes after.

Students also don't take it seriously as the basis for their future, they just look at whatever meme degree was told to be the highest earning then skirt their way through the entire thing while treating college/university as nothing more than a 4 year party at an expensive whore house.

Lots of people here look at college for the partying aspect more than the education. They go because they think it will be fun.

Argentina
yes

>computer science
Kek, useless degree nowadays tbqh. Most of my fellow comp sci friends haven't been able to find a good paying job after graduating thanks to all the Pajeets doing the same things for a tenth of the price. Thank God my brother in law got me a job at his firm otherwise I'd be just as fucked as them. I wish I would have gone information systems tbqh. I hear that database admins make a lot of money and I know lots of people who got that degree and are in the same or better position than comp sci majors, but had to study a lot less so a lot managed to get double majors in information systems and a business degree. Engineering would have been a good choice too, but my school is so packed with engineers, who mostly fail out by their third year, that it takes almost 7 years to graduate due to lack of space for classes.

Canada
Nope I am Chad

You gotta pimp yo self when it comes to those interviews

>tfw civil engineering

how fucked am I?

>Another

So glad I majored in Finance and did co-op lol

Stay unemployed Stem cuckolds lmaooooo

you'll be fine

I've been to 12 interviews in my life and i failed all of them. Brazilian human resources is dominated by women and they only hire attractive men or other women.

>Not being attractive in 2017

There's no excuse anymore

>At an interview
>Everything is going great
>Employer smiles and says "I'll get back to you in a few days"
>Get a rejection email
Every. Single. Time.
>tfw you want to work but no one wants to hire you

>tfw last time they didn't even send me a rejection email or respond to the thank you email I sent them

>the thank you email I sent them
What kind of email is this?
Thank you for the interview? I have never done this, does it ever work?

>tfw I regularly apply to jobs I don't even want just to practice interviewing
>tfw this approach has improved my job interviewing skills and taken all the anxiety out of it
>tfw keep getting job offers

Come on. You guys need to stop blaming the "economy", the "chads", the "normies", the "jews", the "liberals", the "conservatives", the "alt right" and start taking some responsibility for your lives.

>can't even get an interview in the first place

fucking end me

Yeah, thank them for the interview, very briefly re-emphasize some points about why you're a good match for the company, maybe something you forgot to mention in the interview.

I thanked a recruiter once and asked him to pass on my attached thank you letter to the interviewer. The recruiter later said the interviewer liked it and the choice was between me and one other person. They ended up going with the other person though, supposedly because the other person was less skilled and so was more in their target range of what they wanted to spend on salary (tfw rejected both for being experienced enough and not experienced enough).

Make of that what you will. I just do it to try to boost my chances by a probably tine amount since it doesn't really take long.

here in belgium, chemical engineering is pretty good
i mean beats plain chemistry any day
i went to a job fair a few months ago, and a bunch of oil companies were literally fighting over chemical engineers
i mean, with a degree in chemical engineering you can literally send an email and find yourself with a well paid job in abu dhabi within a week

Kind of. I went to college in another city for 2 years and failed miserably, had to come back to my hometwon and start again another degree. Felt very depressed until i went to a party and found out that many of my high school friends where in the same shit i am. I still feel bad but as much

Oil industry here is fucked, a single chemical engineer job posting gets hundreds possibly even 1000+ applicants

>5 job interviews in 2 years
That's your problem right there. You've applied for almost nothing you lazy fuck

>tfw almost all my buddies are studying to be engineers
>tfw they're going end up moving out because Canada is shitty place for high skilled workers

>getting b8ed

This is a variation of the "I have 250 word essay due in 3 days" meme.