After how shitty, boring, and predictable these NBA playoffs have (and how awful basketball is as a sport)...

After how shitty, boring, and predictable these NBA playoffs have (and how awful basketball is as a sport), tell me why you haven't switched over to hockey as your winter/spring sport, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

spotrac.com/nhl/rankings/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>pens
>hawks
>kongs

stfu. last 8 of 9 cups have been won by 3 teams. super teams are here to stay in every sport

Because basketball is still a much better sport than hockey and there is nothing wrong with the best teams with the best players consistently winning

literally only 4 teams have won the cup in the last 7 seasons. Lets face it sports are fucking shit, boring, and predictable.

>le tap on shoulder niggerball foul

But they aren't the same teams. Its different players but the same core 2-3 guys. Because of the salary cap you can't really stack and hold onto players. But the pens and hawks had elite GMs. Kings are a dead meme now. Pens losing players next year. Hawks are dying off a bit. Regardless, the pens were one double OT goal from being eliminated

Too busy enjoying lacrosse

I'm about to. This is bullshit. League ruined by a beta bitch

Also I went to a Kings game a couple years ago and the atmosphere was great, never knew a thing about hockey but it felt like I've been a fan my whole life. Comfy sport desu

>trade one sweep for another

lmfao @ ur negroid existence

>implying NHL isn't predictable
>Pens Hawks and Kangz won 8 of the 9 cups
Amerifag pls.
The only good thing about NHL is that other teams are gonna get better like snes with Chabot and White

Why are apehoop fans trying to spin it like the NHL doesn't have parity?

Since '00, they're have been 10 different champions crowned, with only one repeat and nothing like a Lebron making the finals 6 straight years.

Since '00, the NBA has had 6 unique champions with a 3 peat and 2 repeats.

Also worth mentioning is that NHL features a lot more "surprise finalists" than the NBA.

>implying these Hockey Finals have been better

Lmao

>6 unique champions

I gave up hockey for basketball after the lockout and I've never looked back

because it's fucking June and no one anywhere should be playing hockey

Hockey is way better and more fun to play/watch.

Basketball is shit never watched it.

I've tried to get into it but I don't understand the basics of it and can't appreciate it as much. I've loved basketball since I was a kid and I know most hated these playoffs but I enjoyed this year.

Because everybody looks the same in those fucking oversized suits, there are no personalities and you can't see shit.

You guys can argue about parity all you want but there is no denying who has had the better postseason, and it's the NHL in a landslide. They've tied the record for Overtime games in a single postseason, it's a measly 1.2 goal average margin of victory, and it's been intense west and east. Sure there's been a handful of blowouts, but the teams have responded every time.

with hockey there are 3 commercial breaks per period. In NBA there is a commercial every time a team takes a timeout after 7-0 run by the other team. The NBA needs to reduce the # of timeouts. This is why i turn off basketball because I can't stand the momentum constantly being broken up. At least with hockey, it can keep going for a little while.

The NBA is slightly more rigged than WWE. It's absolute shit tier and only exists so that Jews can make money off of negroes. The sport is as unappealing and unentertaining as rap "music".

waiting for my city to get a team

would be nice to drop it to two commercials per period. I love playoff OT because everything is so smooth and uninterrupted except the brief break in the middle. Can't complain though

kek

former NBA fan here. done with that shit.

Should I become a Rangers or Capitals fan?

>In every sport
Not football. NE is the only real elite team and even they have stiff competition every year.

and they're only elite because Billicheck is a genius.

Not because they have all the talent.

Yeah there can potentially be 16 timeouts taken, on top of tv timeouts, on top of quarter and half breaks, in a 60 minute game. It's way too much. Hockey about the only thing on tv anymore where you don't even sweat the commercials because they're quick and sporadic.

Caps so you can spam

>rags

This. Football needs so many different contributors doing different specialized things that it's almost impossible for a team to be truly "elite." Objectively the GOAT sport.

Caps it is!

>finally dumping the NBA

feels pretty good bros

>being a craps fan
Laughing SO hard

fuck off we're full

Honest question for y'all basketball fans. How can you watch a sport filled with players that don't look, act, or speak like us? I tried getting into it but it always felt distant and foreign. I can't relate to most of the players at all.

I'm African, but I watch sports to see well-executed and exciting gameplans along with feats of athleticism, not to self-insert.

Why the hell does that matter? I just wanna see the best athletes play. Do you complain about all the south American and African players in soccer too

spotrac.com/nhl/rankings/

AHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAH

Thanks Adam (((silver)))

It's like any sport, but the NHL will see another dynasty. Bonnino and rust

NHL has parity, but the issue is who wins the cup. Usually it's the Hawks or kings or pens or wings, but that team they faced either came really close or just faltered. It's sad how this sport gets no recognition but apehoop is constantly shown

Get a hockey team. Petition for one rather then the sonics

Nobody cares about 2nd place. The past 10 years nba has had more champions than the nhl

Literally the only two pluses for ice hockey are 1) there's no niggers and shitskins and 2) physical play, but the game is literally just two teams pushing a tiny piece of metal up and down the ice pitch for a whole hour, players are depersonalized etc. You can't see shit and emotionally attach yourself to it unless you're a canacuck.

>bunch of white midgets
>sport

I'll pass

do you actually think the puck is made out of metal?

you can tell who most of the players are without hearing their names if you watch enough

>white
You mean you can't afford it?

that's what i'm hoping. there's already a hockey faction petitioning for a team in Seattle.

truthfully, it's more likely to happen than an NBA team at this point. Everything is contingent upon an Arena deal though. If the city shafts Hansen and goes with just a Key Arena remodel, the NBA will move on and Seattle will probably get an NHL team, most likely the coyotes rather than an expansion team.

The problem is, where will they play while Key Arena gets remodeled? the remodel will take 5 years to complete due to Seattle bureaucracy. So a team will either have to play in the 7,000 seat max capacity showare center in Kent, the 12,000 max capacity Hec Ed arena (the University of Washington's basketball arena) or wait until the Key remodel finishes in 2022.

Or the city could approve Hansen's shovel ready stadium in SoDo, and have the Coyotes or an expansion team play in Key Arena until Hansen's arena is finished in 2019. But the city council and mayor don't like Hansen or his arena plan, so that likely won't happen.

If this whole arena situation got worked out 3 years ago like it should have, Seattle would have already got a team.

>ice pitch
>metal puck

And why are they depersonalized? I have no empathy problems. I do however, absolutely hate "stories" polluting sport content.

>most likely the coyotes rather than an expansion team.

do you think it's a mistake that the league was split east-west
14-16
15-16?

Also the most frustrating. Refs are too powerful.

>Because basketball is still a much better sport than hockey

I'm sure it's a blast watching it live in arena because you can give the game your undivided and precise attention, but PC/TV don't do it any justice, the puck flying around like a bullet and the players are deindividualized due to helmets and oversized equipment, it's just the way it is.

at the time, I think they clearly split it that way for a Seattle and Las Vegas expansion team, despite delays, everything was on tract for that to happen until the Seattle council voted against a street vacation last year in order to stop Hansen's arena proposal from going forward. After that, all hell broke lose and now the Arena situation in Seattle has become heavily politicized and the NHL has publicly stated that they are less than enthralled about the whole ordeal.

the reason I think the Coyotes relocating is more likely than an expansion team is because there is history there. in 2013, an investor had a deal with the NHL to move the Coyotes to Seattle if the Glendale city council didn't vote to keep the team. But, as we know, they voted to keep the team and now the Coyotes are without a stable arena plan. Then, a few months ago, a representative of the Coyotes toured Key Arena with one of the companies that is currently bidding to remodel the Key.

I don't know what's going to happen. the city may end up with an expansion team or it may end up with nothing, but If a team does come here, I'm willing to bet it will be the Coyotes.

All kongs fans went to their first game five or less years ago, so you pretty much were a lifelong fan