Who are the greatest military commanders that came from your country anons?

The only one that i could think of, that came from mine is pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bn-7UtKNuwE
pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuno_Álvares_Pereira
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossing_of_the_Andes
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Valverde_(1385)
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Atoleiros
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Carrhae
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

never heard of your guy but he seems pretty cool! this is why i come to Sup Forums, to learn about other countries and cultures.

As for America: George Washington. As for why: youtube.com/watch?v=bn-7UtKNuwE

probably some unnamed JTF2 officer that's icing hajis as we speak

>George Washington.
>Greatest American general.
Not even close. Robert.E.Lee and Ulysses Grant would curb stomp him.

This nikka rigth herr

pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuno_Álvares_Pereira

Michiel de Ruyter

He's considered a national hero and one of the greatest admirals that has ever lived. He defeated the Britbongs several times.

nigga did you even watch my video? He could have fucked up freaking the greatest "general" Europe had to offer. The computer simulation said so.

Also, William the Silent (also known as William of Orange).

A distant forefather of the King of the Netherlands. He created the Netherlands by leading the Dutch forces in our independence war.

The first letters of each paragraph of our national anthem spells his name. And he's the reason why the Netherlands it's color is orange.

Is this from RotK? I thought the Haradrim were bald with painted faces.

You Tatar?

he is my idol even tho i hate araps more than anything
also
khaled ibn walid >>hannibal

I am Greek you subhuman

but Shah Just'ibn Turadoh (peace be upon him) says that "if you kill your enemies, they win"

we white allies don't celebrate military commanders here, inshallah; diversity is our only strength

do genghis khan or timurlane count as turks?

otherwise Mehmed II, that guy was a genius all around

What do Greeks have to do with Genghis Khan? Also:
>subhuman
Rude.

Lewiński, famous Pole, one of the best commanders of WW2.

Horatio Nelson

Duque de Caxias

>trained poor farmers, drunk men and slaves and made them professional soldiers
>massive gainz during war
>made Paraguayan soldiers(prisoners) build railways all the way into their capital
>took the capital
>quit after capital was taken

Bomber Harris isn't a military commander. He is a war criminal.

Forgot to mean he did all that during war in the frontlines.

Konstanty Rokossowski, field marshal of Poland. He decisively defeated Nazis.

Surprised you didn't say Ataturk. Man is the only reason Turkey didn't end up like modern day Palestine.

Must be the one and only Father of the Patria

José De San Martín

He would cross the second biggest mountain chain in the world to kick ya ass!

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossing_of_the_Andes

I looked at his Wikipedia and he seems pretty based.
Do they really call him "Drawn Sword of Allah"?
That's pretty edgy but kinda cool.

With what? A well-prepared meal?

holy fuck this video is cancer

napoleon
>maniacal

washington
>american hero

kek

yes but mehmed II was a better general still
besides Kazım Karabekir is underrated

He wasn't even the best American general at that time

>Do they really call him "Drawn Sword of Allah"?
>That's pretty edgy but kinda cool.
It's not edgy. They literally believed him to be the Sword of Allah. They couldn't explain his victories in any other way. Also ''Allah'' is literally the Arabic word for ''God''. We Muslims worship the same Abrahamic God the Christians and Jews do.

>Kazım Karabekir
Literally who?

here's a replica of his supposed sword

How did the converted Persians view Khalid later on?

Caliph Umar removed Khalid from the position of supreme commander, because he feared the Soldiers would've deified him as a God, which Will be Shirk, which is the greatest sin in Islam.

>has assortment of cheese graters, a bottlecap opener and a potato peeler
Cool.

Thoughts on Aisha?

BLACK PRIDE WORLD WIDE

The hadiths were written 200 years after Muhammad's (PBUH) death. Many Qu'ranists and Islamic scholars say that the prophet married Aisha when she was 16. The age when Muhammad married Aisha doesn't bother me that much though. Under teen marriage was something, that was accepted in all cultures. Even the West. The age of consent in America, was 12 in 1900, and even to this day. Many Western countries have lower ages of Consent than most Islamic countries.

Patton

Brennos

Ulysses S. Grant, John Pershing, and Dwight D. Eisenhower.

No wonder you are so fucking dumb

I wouldn't doubt you boys know about Napoleon, so here are some others:

>Bertrand du Guesclin
Almost single-handedly defeated all British forces in the mainland once in the Hundred Years' War.

>Joan of Arc
More of a symbol than anything, people do dismiss though that she had the foresight to bet the outcome of battles on pitting everything down to artillery, which heralded the victories of Patay, Muret and Castillon.

>Villars
Fought against Malborough and the Prince of Savoy, and yet managed to make the war of the Spanish succession a stalemate between France and the coalition of all other European powers.

>Maurice de Saxe
Man who won us the war of the austrian succession.

>Davout, Lannes, Masséna, Murat
Standard Napoleonic generals.

>Franchet d'Espérey
Pretty dope WWI General that won the Balkan front for the Entente.

Most of the top generals of WW1 and Balkan wars share a spot. Defeated the Turks, which wasn't too impressive with the allies we had. But defeating the AustroHungarian army all alone when we have a 10x smaller population is quite an accomplishment

Go ahead and refute it

Timur would be closer

How on earth would Genghis be considered Turkish?

Lee was the better civil war general

How did a tatar end up in the Netherlands

This

You look a very cool dude
Even for a Saudi

>genghis
No. He was Mongolian.
>Tamerlane
Yes but he is not Turkish

armenians oughta know him

This plus see image

Why him, Tbh I see him like a sort of Washington, only good at doing withdrawals. Now if you say Maurice of Nassau then the things change.

Skanderbeg

Washington was good at holding the army together to fight another day, not just withdrawals. Without him the revolution would've ended with the fall of new york arguably

What. So you honestly think Washington, who didn't even have any real military education and only won the civil war with the support of the french, would even have a chance against legendary tacticians and generals from some of the worlds greatest empires?

>Skanderbeg
Would anyone know of this man if he wasn't an EUIV meme?
As for Greece it's probs Alexander, Themistocles, Kolokotronis (pic related).

Lol. Deadliest warrior is a great serie if you like semiaccurate historical serie with comedy elements. But nobody should take it seriously.

Can you refute the video

Probably Gonzalo Fernández de Córdoba. Others like Blas de Lezo, Baldomero Espartero, Hernán Cortés, King James I or Federico Gravina were good, but the Great Captain was what Sup Forums calls unexposable.

All things that muzzies and Spaniards hate

CIA spooks, probably

The picture is from.the Omar TV series and is not a depiction of Khalid bin Walid.

It's depicting either Ikrimah or Ibn Utba. Pic related is Khalid bin Walid from the Show.

George Washington would be a terrorist by today's standards.

Duke of Alba, Juan de Austria. Pizarro, Farnese, Cardenal-Infante Fernando, Bazan etc.

Oh. Alright, my mistake. Thanks Paki bro.

You're welcome

>Chandragupta Maurya I.
>Ashoka the Merciless.
>Chandragupta II.
>Shivaji.
>Rajaraja Chola.
>Akbar.
>Aurangzeb.
And many more in 8000 years of history....

Can't surpass the guy on the left.

Is that Alexander the Macedonian?

It is Aleksandr Makedonski, yes

Chapaev.

only because of him we won the WWII

Arthur Harris the greatest man forever respect for vermin removal.

Who's that? Looks too white for an arab. Is that Allah?

Khalid Ibn Al-Walid.

Paul von Lettow-Vorbeck
Last german commander to surrender in WW1

I'd say Khalid was his equal.
You seem like a nice guy OP? What's life like in Saudi Arabia?

>yfw this guy is responsible for rome's rise and dominance

WAS THE GOLD WORTH IT BRENNOS?

You forgot Turenne and Condé

This man is an absolute madman, he literally invaded Castille with 3000 men and defeated the Spanish army while outnumbered 7 to 1.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Valverde_(1385)

And its the only man i have ever heard of who actually archieved flawless victory while outnumbered 4 to 1

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Atoleiros

My pick would be Erich von Manstein, he out-played the French in one of the greatest military moves in the history of human conflict. On the Eastern Front he scored many victories while being vastly outnumbered and under-equipped.
And he recognized earlier than most that the Nazi Leadership was expecting the impossible and ignoring advise from the military command.

This one without doubt, invented what later would be called tercios and kicked the french out of Naples while always being outnumbered.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Carrhae

>Crassus
>topkek

>And its the only man i have ever heard of who actually archieved flawless victory while outnumbered 4 to 1
There are a lot of battles like that, but almost all are from medieval sources so i wouldn't trust all of them at 100%

Why are Iberians so good at fighting ?

Is it our Roman/Celtiberian / Suebi/ Visigothic/Alanii/Vandal blood?

These romans qts were worth of it

t. Brennos

Why isn't Khalid more known? They should make a movie on him.

>Moreover, his biggest achievement was the conversion of Arab tactical doctrine into a strategic system.[121] Until Khalid, the Arabs were basically raiders and skirmishers. Khalid turned those skirmishing tactics into something that could be used anywhere. Thus he would skirmish the enemy to death: he would bring his army in front of his enemies and wait until the whole battle degenerated into a skirmishing affair between small units. Then, after exhausting the enemy units, he would launch his cavalry at their flanks employing Hammer and Anvil tactics.[122

>Why isn't Khalid more known? They should make a movie on him.
Same reason they won't make a movie about the Turk's despite being as based as the Mongols. They wrecked white people.

>Turenne
German fucking shits.

Also, wasn't Condé a traitor? There's so many of them though.

Saudi Arabia is a Neo-Fedual Welfare state, that will plunge into a bitter civil war once the Oil runs out. The Syria civil war will be cute in comparison.