Has this guy been reduced to be basically a role player now?

Has this guy been reduced to be basically a role player now?

I remember he shows some promise

Other urls found in this thread:

basketball-reference.com/players/t/thompkl01.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is 1/4 black the worst aesthetically?

Dont worry he will, maybe, have that one rare episode where he become the greatest shooter of all time and just fade away the game/series

He's leaving for sure

I mean, he's usually the 4th best player on the team. Doesn't matter how good you are once you're not in the top 3 you become a role player automatically.

He's got good defense though

He's the discount Mike Conlay

After he gets tired of winning all his rings could be possibly land somewhere like the Pistons and chuck all night and break records please?

I couldn't help notice how the announcers tonight would go out of their way to mention that every time he missed a shot

He would unironically be perfect on the cavs. They desperately need a 2 guard

He needs to get hot and gain confidence to score. When Durant got injured he was playing like a madman. Currently he is just a role player as he can't take 20 shots a night and get hot

when will he shave the boy band goatee and show his true form?

At 100% full power I'd take him over anyone in the league, offense-wise
It's too bad his norm is more around 40%, and because of his team's focus it's actually reduced to like 15

his shots per game (17.6 vs 17.3) and ppg throughout the regular season (22.3 vs 22.1) were practically the same as last season
basketball-reference.com/players/t/thompkl01.html

what ever the problem is, it began in the playoffs

Gotta make the Warriors look strong, brother

max player any team that could afford him would take him in a heartbeat if he leaves

look at how shit harrison barnes was and now he leads the mavs in scoring

he's like harrison barnes only better in every way

Nope. 100% white is

>100% white

>that reading comprehension

He's only good at catch and shoot. It's hard for him to create his own shot. I would like him to go to the bulls desu. If the cavs have him the cavs would win this series no doubt.

Plebs just don't see it, yeah he's been shooting like trash these playoffs but his defense is Pippen-tier, he spends so much on the D he doesn't even need to try that hard on the other end because of Durant and Curry. Stats only tell one side of the story.

If I was Klay I'd probably skip game 2 and bang expensive hookers instead. He's probably the one who stands to gain or lose the least from these finals.

Klay is autistic...he either goes full autism mode and hits everything or misses everything

I probably overrated Klay in my head because he's the only warrior I don't hate and would love to have in my team...

Klay to the Grizzlies makes perfect sense really

It is pretty much a lock that he's leaving right?

Role players don't score 37 points in a quarter

>ITT: fans of mediocre teams
He's not going anywhere

His contract isn't up for another couple years. Durant and Curry will probably take max contracts this offseason so then it'll be whether or not they'll sign Klay later on too because Draymond Green also takes up a lot of cap space. They could possibly trade him but they probably won't do that until his final year if they aren't willing to sign so many big contracts.

no, Klay to OKC

role players don't get 14+ shots a game, he just needs to make his shots to put the Dubs over the top. his game though is catch and shoot, cutting back dooor, but yeah...needs to hit his shots to put the dagger in cleveland

I mean he went 3 of 16 and they won by twenty. This team is absolutely stacked. The Warriors need like.. 5 players to have a bad game for the Cavs to win.

What do guy put the odds at that Klay has at least one good scoring game this series?

Also, as a casual fan who is terrible at sports, and basketball in particular, how do top shooters go on these kinds of scoring droughts? Is it just getting out of rhythm or is he too worn out from defense? If he's out of rhythm I imagine he shoots a ton of practice shots between games, why doesn't that help him find his shot?

>stacked
this meme is slowly being exposed.

they have more defense at best, the main thing is that they play a better brand of ball. they don't depend on iso. But Steph and KD are the primary scorers. Everyone else on the dubs is a product of sharing the basketball.

He'll most likely have at least one good game. Maybe not 30+ points but he'll shoot well at least. Getting into rhythm is different for everyone but Klay is just used to taking a lot of shots regularly which he doesn't do with Durant around now. He's also not taking as many 3pt shots in the playoffs, which probably means he's not taking as many open catch and shoots, his most comfortable shot.

Who cares. He silently does his job and he does it good. If Klay finishes his career with a couple of rings he did everything right.

This sounds reasonable but I was under the impression, I could be mistaken, that his shots per game hasn't actually gone down that much.

highly likely, he's a shooter so at any point he can break out

as for klay's drought, he's had droughts his entire career tbqh, it's just he's usually getting more frequent touches which obviously decreases the time it takes to get out of the drought.

this can honestly make him a better player in the sense it can force him to make sure he's more focused with every touch he gets now. it can alter his anticipation to score to the point that if he's not touched for a few possessions, it won't matter cause he's ready at all times. but that's a mental adjustment that he's going to have to make, which will inevitably happen...since he's a baller after all.

He's one of the best defenders in the league

Fair enough. Kinda surprised he kept up that production up adding durant

He's taking less shots per game this postseason compared to the regular season, about 14 compared to 17.5. Although you could say it's because they've been blowing the fuck out of all their opponents so it doesn't really matter. Either way Klay Thompson is still a good player and he'd command a max or near max contract from every team in the NBA right now.

You're delusional if you think they aren't as talented as they are well oiled. You're also delusional if you think being "well oiled" isn't partly a product of being immensely talented.

No shit. When you're a shooting guard whose last name isn't Jordan or Bryant and your point guard shoots better than you, it's inevitable.

The biggest roleplayer and system babby on his team is named Draymond Green, this is the real underrated realization.

Guarantee you have a penis less than 5"

Not doubting you but is he really? Just from the eye test Kawhi looks the part but Klay doesn't seem to be an elite lock down defender? I'm a casual so what am I missing?

He's on contract until 2019. He'll have 4 rings by then.

He shuts the other team's best guard down

and to give you an example, Kawhi's defensive rating is 106 and Klays is 102

having only 2 pure scorers, which the cavs also have, as well as playing a better brand of ball doesn't constitute "stacked"...they just have a better culture in place atm, they play a higher quality brand of ball. dubs still have issues with rebounds and dont have much paint presence. they counter this by playing defense and exploiting. if the warriors are "guilty" of anything that merits all the crying and whining, its the fact they developed a high quality brand of ball atm.

He was never a shooter anywhere near close to Steph's level. He's arguably the fourth option now and gets way less shots, so he's not going to look very good. He had some plays where he absolutely shit on Kyrie defensively this game tho.

How about instead of using buzzwords you saw on ESPN you actually watch the damn games? They are definitely stacked. This is basketball. The most talented team is almost always the best team.

Cool, good to know.

What do you anons look for when watching for great defense from someone like Klay. What should I be impressed by?

He's correct about the system tho, Steve Kerr doesn't even need to coach to make them look good.. It's on par with the Spurs.

They are definitely the most talented team however.

He's still elite defensively. Don't know why he forgot how to shoot.

>don't have much point presence
>score at will from anywhere on court in game 1
>blow the cavs out in the paint in game 1
Huh.

The lightness of his skin.

>the system

Curry is the system

Curry does jackshit defensively. Almost every team's PG is the "system" offensively.

>talk about using buzzwords
>pretend like someone doesn't watch the game
pls, at least say something meaningful m8. you could put anyone in this warrior system right now and bring the best out of them. their brand is that effective atm.

So what? Name a PG on Curry's offensive level who plays elite defense?

That's DPOY Draymond Green to you, nephew

He could be worse on defense desu. He's not a complete liability.

Curry plays great team defense, and is a decent man-to-man PG defender

Basketball is a simple game man. The reason why the system never changes when the coach changes is because when you have players that good, that smart, they make the system.

Klay sacrificed his touches for KD

>basketball
>a team sport
>why is he sacrificing for his teammates
Never change /spuh/

They weren't his team mates at the time of the sacrifice

Can't talk basketball with most of these people. Unless a player gets 40 points they choked.

All you talk about is how much you hate LeBron. When he retires you'll stop talking about basketball completely

You're probably confusing that cuck with me.