Any particular reason he spent the last eight years dicking around in his ranch in Iowa or whatever the fuck completely...

Any particular reason he spent the last eight years dicking around in his ranch in Iowa or whatever the fuck completely out of the spotlight but the moment Obama is headed out of office he's back on the stage full center?

I don't get didn't he take a pilgrimage to Africa, lose his shit, and decide show biz wasn't for him?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=StNiRDQkBtI&feature=player_detailpage&list=PLIYT3J6kwPPF-P0cml2TRV5CwXHGqjXVx#t=628
youtube.com/watch?v=Tjy5RmmXb2Y
observer.com/2016/11/dave-chappelle-defends-trump-rips-clinton-shes-not-right-and-we-all-know-it/
youtube.com/watch?v=ofnSojq-vqI
youtube.com/watch?v=sAdZwC0oo68
youtube.com/watch?v=StNiRDQkBtI&t=966s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

My sister met him at a show once. I hope they banged, but Dave's fat now so it's not that impressive.

>fat

youtube.com/watch?v=StNiRDQkBtI&feature=player_detailpage&list=PLIYT3J6kwPPF-P0cml2TRV5CwXHGqjXVx#t=628

10:28

Also related

youtube.com/watch?v=Tjy5RmmXb2Y

He was rich as as fuck and did whatever he wanted for 8 years

He can do the occasional gig here and there for dumb amounts of money just because he likes making people laugh

Hes living the perfect life

Sucked never seeing him again after the Chapelle Show but seeing him on SNL shows he still is funny.
I loved his Walking Dead skit.
Worth it.

I didn't like it. Too much race baiting

>Talking about race
>race baiting

Okay.

Meh, I did like his black take on a white subject.
He's always done that.
Still found it funny.

yeah. dont laugh. over analyze it some more.

>makes a show that's 90% about race
>surprised it becomes slightly racist, on either or both sides

really, dave?

>he still is funny.
he's still funny but he's also very clearly lost a step. Nowhere near the level he was before

It's like totally not suspicious, right?

I'll bet you money he'll start doing HBO specials within a year, riding the "le fuck drumpf xD" train.

actually i heard hes got a special in the works. but im not upset. he'll be funny and ill laugh and all will be right with the world. except the fact that rich republicans will be butt working the working class that so blindly supports them. but hey, fuck it. people are stupid. thats just how it is.

Just seems like the guy went out of his way to not only be not political during the obama years, but not do any acts at all, only to do a 180 on both counts. Weird.

>not suspicious
You know he got paid right?
A job isn't a conspiracy
He's been doing bits here and there for several years, this wasn't his first time back on a stage in 8 years.

>someone nay anyone in america decides to play to their strengths in order to maximize their success and make as much money as possible.

yeah spooky.

Soooo...I'm totally insane for noticing he went out of way to not do any standup during the Obama years and then out of nowhere Trump gets elected and he's gradually slinking his way back in?

Don't be stupid. He purposely avoided doing a new set during the Obama years for whataver reason.

if you weren't a fucking moron you'd see what he's trying to say.

why is it that JUST as obongo is leaving dave come 's crawling out of the woodwork?

the left is DESPERATE for good pr and are finally letting him rejoin the inner circle so that he can shit on trump.

Except he shit on Hillary and said to give Trump a chance

Been watching the for what its worth standup show after seeing this post. Thanks user.

Are there any other standup specials of his worth checking out?

Seems like the OP of this thread totally misunderstood all of the SNL bits Chappelle did and probably didn't understand any of his political stuff in the past.

Wholly unsurprising.

Killing them softly was good as well and recorded about a year before (or after) for what's it worth.

Dave seems different though. He's aged a lot and seems idk..."slower" mentally.

Yeah I think I read something about this too. I'll try to find a link

>Implying the world won't be laughing out of unease.

I don't care about SNL but my video on demand service uploaded every season of chappelles show this weekend and tonight I've been getting drunk and stoned marathoner that shit. So many skits people don't even mention. About to start season 2.

I think you guys are overthinking this. He's one guy doing his thing. I've seen clips of him performing stand up pop up over the last few years, I've heard comedians on podcasts talk about "Dave Chappelle was back a X or Y club". Couldn't it just be that he's been slowly getting back to it after his freak out? Maybe he got tired of living on a farm and the "I'm Rick james, bitch!" has finally blown over. Not everything is always connected in a conspiracy way. Sometimes people just decide to do things on their own accord.

Also, I'm not sure I even get the conspiracy you're putting forward."The left" is brining Dave Chappelle back to shill for them? You guys sound delusional.

A job isn't, but the motives for it sure can be. Probably on the CTR payroll.

observer.com/2016/11/dave-chappelle-defends-trump-rips-clinton-shes-not-right-and-we-all-know-it/

Op didn't criticize Chappelles politics just the timing of his re-emergence, ya dingus.

>Also, I'm not sure I even get the conspiracy you're putting forward."The left" is brining Dave Chappelle back to shill for them?
>You guys sound delusional.

You fucking imbecile have you been living under a fucking rock this entire goddamn election? They're all in cahoots, and I wouldn't be surprised if they're looking for someone like dave to get them back into people's good graces. Even I know that Dave pulls in the crowds and is a fucking genius and now that they need the ratings they're willing to get him on the podium again.

If anything this speaks more about dave than them for going along with it. He sold out for real this time, if you've seen his interviews or recent shows he drops hints about how he wished he had continued.

/thread

>he wished he had continued.
how he wished he had continued his show and never had his freakout.

Dave didn't want to do any major sets for HBO because he would have been forced to poke fun at Obama (as the whole "fuck da system shits broke senpai" was a major component of his act), which he didn't want to (because Obama is black) so homeboy laid low.

Now that Obama is out of the picture he'll start doing major sets again.

It's painfilly obvious.

>grew up in the suburbs
>pretends to know anything about black people

He's funny and everything, but he's a white person comedian.

Like Andy Kauffman, Chapelle is fucking nuts.

can we stop this retarded Sup Forums debate and post our favourite chappelle bits instead?

killing them softly
youtube.com/watch?v=ofnSojq-vqI

for what its worth
youtube.com/watch?v=sAdZwC0oo68

>clearly lost a step

Um no that's just garbage SNL writing. As much as Dave "rebels against authority" he is still a traditionalist at heart, that's why he made his "comeback" on Saturday Night Live. It's a historical show, especially the first Sat after the election. It's just a shame he had to be handcuffed by the SNL format and writers.

I don't believe this is the start of the Dave Chappelle comeback (although i hope I'm wrong). It worked for both parties. Dave probably got a huge payday, SNL got worked their way around the trump fiasco, dave put in a word, so did the networks. Just add Chappelle performing on SNL to the list of crazy shit that happened in 2016.

Chappelle proved he can do anything he wants. He can come back at anytime and people will still listen to him and respect him. I'm happy for Dave.

>lets post our favourite bits
>posts two full specials

Get it together man.

I assume he didn't want to sell out to the Illuminati, he also realized only whitey watches Comedy Central

>posting source material so anons can discuss bits
>user complains without contributing

pic related

Yes it's hypocritical but black people just tend to stick together like that.

If it means he's coming back all I can say is fuck yeah.

Ok, you're just being obtuse. His race stuff has always ben tempered.

It's his Grandfather's Farm in Ohio, you lame fuck.

Ohio isn't a part of the Midwest.

Yeah. How dare a black comedian support the first black president.
Fucking morons.

>Ohio isn't a part of the Midwest.
LOL
I bet you also live in an upper middle class trailer.

>Chappelle resurfaces
>does SNL
>LD has ties to SNL
>Curb starts filming again the same week

>Ohio isn't a part of the midwest

AHAHAHAHAHAAA

Supporting the first black president means not doing any acts for 8 years?

Be gone, chucklefuck.

Who came up with this 8 years lie? He's been mostly out of the game for over 10 years. It doesn't have anything to do with Obama.

I bet you alsocomplain that there's no "White Entertainment Televison" or "White History Month".

>loves comedy
>hasn't done an album or special in years

I would kill everybody here for a new album

He's been pretty clear about why he disappeared, and it had nothing to do with Obama. You're really grasping for things to be offended by... do you need to go to your Safe Space?

>He had a falling out with his co-writer on Chappelle Show who was one of his best friends.

>He felt like he was cooning out for white racists by justifying their stereotyping of blacks

>He gained too much fame too fast and cracked

These are the main reasons

Quick, let's get this poor oppressed man to his safe-space and get (based) Sam Hyde on the phone

>there are people posting on Sup Forums RIGHT NOW who weren't old enough to watch the Chappelle Show during its original run

is this real?

What did you guys think of The Lost Episodes?

tfw none of your dumbfuck friends in 2003 understood the social commentary and just repeated I'm Rick James bitch

Pee pee
Doo doo

yes, it is real. curb is coming back in 2017. no idea of chappelle will be in it, but I can hope. it wouldn't surprise me.

>tfw when Andy Kaufman does his Donald Trump character but can't get out of it now because he won

his show was great, it's up there with early mad tv and in living color

he supported trump so fuck that uncle tom faggot.

you should go as a retard next halloween cuz your shit is scary.

>"FUCK YO COUCH NIGGA"
>"I'M RICK JAMES BITCH"

I think it was more along the lines he was seeing how his comedy was enabling racism. I know tons of normies during the time the Chappelle Show was on that said nigger because of him and Chris Rock. He also likely had to constantly fight in the writers room.

The incident he (vaguely and shittly) described alludes to this too. A white man was right in front of him laughing at him in a "look at that monkey nigger!" way, and Dave was the dude's boss and was paying this guy.

it was bill burr

This.

And the dude is getting judge pretty hard for doing shit people dream about doing all the time. He has Fuck You money. How are people shock if he was not having fun, even say unhappy, with his current position with his show, and decided to bail.

>A white man was right in front of him laughing at him in a "look at that monkey nigger!" way, and Dave was the dude's boss and was paying this guy.

that was talked about on the Oprah interview
youtube.com/watch?v=StNiRDQkBtI&t=966s

SNL is the fucking Reddit IAmA for comedians. It's about advertising people and getting interest in their projects. SNL hasn't been funny in years.

I got the time thing wrong I think

Ohio is the most Midwestern-like state in the Midwest.

How could you fuckup a post this badly user. Have your hurt yourself? Should I phone the doctor?

You mean call the doctor? You can't fool me.

oi cunt lissen 'ere or I'll jab you in the gabba m8, swear on me mum.

What's hypocritical about people looking out for other people they respect or are closer to??
You smoking dick user

A nigga named Negan...

Treating someone differently because of the color of thier skin is racist.