Why are all high fantasy movies bad except Conan, Excalibur, and the Lord of the Rings trilogy?

Why are all high fantasy movies bad except Conan, Excalibur, and the Lord of the Rings trilogy?

Legend is great you faggot

Writers and directors are embarrassed to immerse themselves in it so they wink at the camera the whole time.

I thought it read Conan like that ginger guy

Excalibur isn't high fantasy

>mexican intellectuals

Because high fantasy fans don't mind, they'll watch anyway. Same reason that most SF movies are shot in a single room on video.

You're a relatively discriminating fan and you still think LOTR is on the same level as Conan and Excalibur as filmmaking. That's why.

Neither conan nor excalibur are high fantasy you pleb

Conan is high fantasy in the literary sense.

that is objectively false

American warlocks > Mexican warlocks

And Still. no taste op faggot

Krull, you fucking homo

>Lord of the Rings

How is that guy mexican? He looks like an old white guy.

Schindler's List is good.

nice boobies.

When Mexico sends its people they aren't sending their whitest.

Because high fantasy was treated as nerdshit so it always had low budget.

No love for Willow?

mexico is a country, m80

kek

Dragonslayer is kino.

Nope, that user was 100% correct

Dragonslayer is 80 minutes of a boring medieval soap opera and 20 minutes of a battle against a dragon that ends with a retarded anti-climax

The film is a disgrace to the fantasy genre and that's saying something

>Willow
>Legend
>Never Ending Story
fuck
OFFFFFFF

Why have the works of Piers Anthony been denied film or tv adaptations?

I hope he got beheaded for being wrong

genres go through cycles my man

lotr was the first time the fantasy cycle got around to actually being able to successfully portray the fantastical elements visually

then the knock-offs came and eventually there was fantasy fatigue and now we just have to wait until some studio exec remembers all the money the lotr movies made and the cycle begins anew

Not enough dedication imo. Many fantasy films look like they were just shot in some woods and a soundstage castle. LotR actually put the effort to make the world feel real and alive.

That's one of the letdowns of the Hobbit films, just soundstages while they're filming in New Zealand, seems like a waste.

GoT actually puts considerable effort in their location shots and that pays it off.

Game of Thrones isn't high fantasy.

no, but normalfags think it is because >muh dragons

and normalfags are who makes movie studios $$$ so game of thrones is probably the best chance we have of getting a decent high fantasy show/movie these days

Starz' Wheel of Time will shatter all viewership records and make fantasy as regular a genre of television as crime procedurals.

What movie is that?

because high fantasy is kiddie pleb shit

>DUDE ELVES AND ORCS

why do you think skyrim sold a fucking hundred billion copies

Warlocks are notorious for being betrayers. This was all part of his plan.

Warlocks have a reputation for being honest and true. Remember, the electoral college still hasn't had its say :-)

nothing posted itt so far is high fantasy

then neither is conan

I was using it as an example of how location shots improve the quality of the show. If it was all soundstages in LA, it wouldn't be as engrossing, which is what you need in a fantasy.

No, but he did for being Mexican.

That's not funny. I don't know what country you're posting from but a lot of us are really scared in the United States, where a lot of bad things are happening.

If we're being exact about the terminology, Conan isn't high fantasy -- it actually fits into the category of low fantasy or "sword and sorcery"

Lord of the rings has not aged well at all.

It's actually a bad movie, and a horrible adaptation of the books for retard audiences.

schindler's list, the pianist, and passion of the christ are all kino

I used to love the films but rewatching them now they're not that good. Not saying they "haven't aged well" because I don't believe movies age only people's perspectives change

That said the books aren't good either, most of them are descriptions of scenery and people singing

Which books do you think are good?

>That said the books aren't good either, most of them are descriptions of scenery and people singing

>yet somehow the entire fantasy genre was created from them

Maybe you need to change your perspective.

James Woods' twitter is fucking amazing.

Because gamers are literal retards.

Theorycraft a 12-conduct NetHack ascension, genius.

Retard detected.

You know, op, I figure it's because film is a medium for the 20th century. Some time periods and settings get neglected because they have a long history in previous media and people wanna 'look forward'. It's why there's so much scifi.

It's not looking forward anymore, since we're living in the time period when "The Future" was supposed to kick in.

It's just escapism now. It's the same as that religion about everything being in a simulation that the tesla guy is a prophet of.

>Quaid

lol