David Lynch Films

Why are his movies so goddamn weird?

I'm 45 minutes in to pic related and about ready to turn it off.

Lesbian seen alone is worth the price of admission.

Watching a David Lynch movie and getting put off by its weirdness seems...weird to me. With that sad, some of his movies take it a bit too far, but Mullholland Drive is relatively straight. You dont have to understand it to enjoy it. However, it doesnt sound like its for you so perhaps just turn it off.

Comfiest movie ever

guess I'll give it a chance then

le weird XD

How fucking stupid can you be? First of all you never turn off a film when you have started watching it. You also don't browse Sup Forums or do anything else, focus on the film.
A film is a visual experience and doesn't have to make logical sense, just watch it and "feel" what it wants you to feel.There is a explanation of basically EVERYTHING that happens in mulholland Dr. but you will have to think for yourself.

But you seem like a complete moron, waste of space so i don't think you can think for yourself

>But you seem like a complete moron, waste of space so i don't think you can think for yourself

kek, exactly the response I would expect from a Lynch fan

This truly is a straight story. Nothing weird happens, guy just gets on his tractor and drives to Wiaconsin. That's it. It's pretty comfy.

His movies are the classic films he's seen and loved combined with dreams he has, but all of them have a sense of logic (except maybe Inland Empire)

Give Mulholland Dr a chance, I had no idea what to make of it on my first watch and now I consider it one of my favorite films. Just go with it

You fuck. Ducking watch the movie. Just watch it

I just want to say that "Just go with it" is one of the most important things in viewing film, and often what plebs can't understand. It's ok to not understand what is happening, but just go with it and see where it takes you

Alright I'll stick with it. Some of you need to calm the fuck down though.

what about with friends?

You haven't even gotten to the weird part.

You don't get to bring friends

they'll enjoy Laura Harring's tits, and be slightly disappointed that they blur out her crotch

Faggot, the weirdness IS most of the apeal of Lynch's work.

Twin Peaks was cancelled because it wasn't weird enough, too much shitty soap opera bullshit ruined it.

No, it was speeding up the story to boost ratings that ruined it, the soap opera stuff was par for the course

>Why are his movies so goddamn weird?
Because he can't tell a story
It's all subtext and symbolism with him

Uhh....

If you think Mulholland Drive is weird you should watch Inland Empire.

I've enjoyed all of his movies so far. I prefer Lynch pushing the boundaries of his surrealism stuff though rather than something straightforward like Blue Velvet but Blue Velvet was still really good. I'm interested in what direction he'll go with the new season of Twin Peaks.

Mulholland Drive is pretty straightforward, you just don't get part of the story until the end of the movie. Inland Empire also has a story but the way the scenes are arranged and things that might clarify which storyline you're watching being left out make is harder to understand.

I hope he makes another film like Inland Empire before he fucking dies, to bad it seems like he's done with cinema

I don't know if he'd be able to top Inland Empire at what he was trying to do honestly. It seems like a perfect movie to end on considering his earlier movies and his style. I'd like another feature length movie too but I'm happy with IE being his last movie.

Though I heard the new season of Twin Peaks will probably be filmed as one long movie and then split into episodes after the fact.

DUDE IDEALIZED HOLLYWOOD FANTASY FULL OF ROMANCE COMEDY AND INTRIGUE VS THE HARSH AND GRITTY REALITY LMAO

DUDE DESCRIPTIONS LMAO

He won't.

After making Twin Peaks for Showtime he's done.

Apparently he loves painting so much now that he doesn't want to do anything else anymore.

Like inland empire, mulholland drive is more shit than weird

Is there a place I can see his paintings, or are they private?

I think it's interesting how much stuff Lynch has cut from some of his movies. Fire Walk With Me has 90 minutes of cut material that were released and Inland Empire has 76 minutes of cut material. Is this normal for most movies? If it is generally deleted scenes extras on DVDs don't usually last that long from my experience. Inland Empire was already 3 hours too.

Well i think it depends on the director, i think Lynch way to work is to shoot whatever idea he suddenly gets. Then afterwards he sees if it fits into the film or not, sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't

most movies have a 20:1 or greater ratio of unused:used footage. a lot of that is takes though, cutting that much content seems abnormal

>categorizing fans
Dude, what he said goes without saying for any fim, not just lynch. just watch the fucking movie and see what you think
I also didn't know what the fuck I was watching first time around and turned it off halfway through
Second time I watched it I realized the genius of it
Watch it alone in dark and stay off Sup Forums and trust me itll click