Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Lxbdvo2vFwc
youtube.com/watch?v=yN8cYd3poIk
youtube.com/watch?v=Kk2hKouTW8Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

/balt/

how do I obtain such an aesthetic

ffffffFUUUUUUUCCCKKKKKK OFF

People who look like that are always called Fionnán, sometimes Ciarán.

no

this is the peak of Irish aeistéitice

>cloak for rain and cold
>nice and airy when it's hot

Looks like Sup Forums is having another field day with Youtube promoting this video.
youtube.com/watch?v=Lxbdvo2vFwc

Has anybody used those coca cola bicycles before? What do you do if the station you want to bring it to is full?

>that Like/Dislike bar

They don't have to be successful, just known around the town. Like how when approached by old men you will commonly go through the following scenario:
>Are you [father's name]'s lad?
>Yes
>[Older brother's name] was it?
>No that's my brother
>Oh, well how is he?

Because our future is inevitable.

>tfw like the sound of the name Oisín
>all that comes to mind when I think about it is this one fella years ago in the cubs who used to scream crying when we hiked up mountains

>can't wear long cloaks anymore without looking like an autist

Recycle.

Cool. Got any work to share?

'Fraid not.

You're very witty aren't you?

the single biggest crime of the 20th century

youtube.com/watch?v=yN8cYd3poIk

>anymore

The only practical usage for a cloak in the modern day would be for homeless folks.

>not being able to intimidate your enemies with your cloak.

>he isn't a drifter posting sporadically on /éire/ from cafés before the proprietors kick him out

we all gone to bed?

No. Tired but won't go to sleep for several more hours.

Nah, too warm. Despite it being a cooler day than yesterday, tonight feels warmer than last night for some reason. I think my bedroom just trapped a lot of heat during the day.

I'm watching better call saul, then attempting to sleep in this heat.

where's the fella who said he'd post some feels

The feels were that he killed himself.

damn...

Maybe the feels were inside of us all along but he just wanted to remind us of their presence.

>ireland
>"""""""""""""""heat""""""""""""""""

>Swiss Yank
>"""""""""""""""""Irish""""""""""""""

how will he ever recover

youtube.com/watch?v=Kk2hKouTW8Y

nice tune, I feel like I remember it from somewhere

How many of you lads are working tomorrow?

back in work on Thursday

I'm bjork but inside. A non verbal bjork that is only portrayed online and in my head!

I'm also a dork inside.

Moi.

Also back on Thursday. How miserable only 1 day off.

Sadly. 10-8pm
At least I have an hour of self training to browse the internet with

>At least I have an hour of self training to browse the internet with
Self-training?

>implying I'm a fucking mick

my nan was cornish can i post here ?

Never.

good night

of course, so long as you maintain a respectable hatred of the people of Devon

They are training programmes in our internal system, we get assigned them from time to time when there's a new product or feature or something we need to be aware of. They consist of a few slides or a video and a self assessment test at the end. They're usually quite easy so can be done in 20 minutes or so freeing up the rest of the slot for whatever I want.
If they were anything difficult we'd have proper training for them.

10 hour days are quite demanding. Do you usually work those hours?

Night.

I opted for 4 days a week at 10 hours instead of 5x8. I don't tend to have a lot of energy after work so I'd rather have 4 days wasted than 5.

Used to work 12 and a half hour shifts. Not uncommon to stay longer too to help out and finish up your tasks.
Now I work 10 and 11 hour ones. They're pretty demanding yeah but the extra time off you get from time to time is nice and being off on weekdays etc.

What's the difference between Fianna Fáil, Fine Gael, and (contemporary) Sinn Fein?

Ah, that's fairly sensible. I'd prefer 4 to 5 days myself and just ball on through it. Is your work particularly demanding or is the workload fairly spread out?

I used to work 13 hours or more sometimes on a building site. Plus the 2 hour all round commute it. No days off either.

You couldn't pay me enough to live that sort of lifestyle - I value my free time way too much. Why did you do it?

>tfw 1/128 Ir*sh 3/128 G*rman 24/128 Sh*talian, rest Black, Mexican and Anglo

Can I join your thread? I'm Oirish as it gets lad!

t. Shartburger

Demanding in the "have to do something all the time" sense, not in the challenge sense. It's pretty stressful at the moment.

Presumably that's contract based so you'd have large gaps in between contracts?

>tfw wizard robes aren't mainstream fashionable

I don't really know why I did it. I guess I was a useless NEET beforehand and I felt pressured into it. It destroyed me physically, since I wasn't able for it, and mentally since I was usually sleep deprived and incompetent and started me on my way to becoming an alcoholic. I'm still living with the scars of it.

Were you working off the books, that doesn't sound legal.

>0 replies
Sorry for interrupting your guys daily discussion about masturbating to Japanese cartoons.

Spoonfeeding yanks is not in my interests.

/cymru/

>"have to do something all the time"
So it's full-on demanding exertion or the ah yeah, the have to "look busy" anxiety type? What's causing the stress atmo?

No I worked for a cousin on just one 6 month "contract". I guess. I earned just below minimum wage and spent half my wage everyday on expenses. €30 for a days work, the sort I was doing, if I had more sense I really should have quit.

>Sorry for interrupting your guys daily discussion about masturbating to Japanese cartoons.
So you should be.

Who names their country Cumrag?

good ones

I don't think so.

Glad Warburton has been discarded from the Lions desu.

It's an American company so it's full on metrics and a very efficient means of assigning work to those available. You can't just "look busy" or it'll affect your metrics in terms of getting less work done in the day than your peers. If you slack off you'll rank bottom among your rank and wind up in meetings with management demanding improvement or demotion. There's always some at the bottom who get cut while those at the top get promotion.
It's truly hell on earth to be in a work environment where you're competing with your co-workers like this.

What the fuck kind of shit is that? I don't think I could function in such a strict work environment, fuck that.
But it obviously works right?

We can slack of as much as we want in my job. Well not always but we take the piss so much and have zero motivation. We get things done at an acceptable rate.

Jesus that sounds incredibly stressful. How do you manage it?

It works for them since it motivates people to put in high effort all the time. It pays very well so you're expected to just deal with it for that.
But I'd happily cut my salary in half for a more relaxed environment.

I don't, it's soul destroying. I'll leave as soon as I find something better.

I bet up wok in a call centre?

Ah, I really feel bad for you and truly sympathize, it sounds awful. What company or sort of employment do you envision to be working for? Has it affected your physical or mental health in any way?

Employment doesn't really factor into my ambitions or dreams or anything. I just want something I can tolerate, ideally something with a degree of personal freedom and a young workforce who I can relate with. The two jobs I had previously were much better so I'm sure I'll find something.

>Has it affected your physical or mental health in any way?
Its been a pretty heavy weight on my mood. I don't feel as happy or enthusiastic about life as I used to. I think I'll get that back though.

No not a call centre. Public sector. It's amazing what we can get away with, and everybody is so entitled and have zero motivation to do anything.
I just want to work hard but everyone is a miserable cunt and management have their hands tied and never do anything to sort out issues and we constantly have to fight with management and each other to keep things relaxed.

>Public sector
I had a summer job in the public sector once, it's unreal how lazy everybody was. People would spend the first hour chatting away and take twice as long as they're supposed to on breaks. The amount of sick leave taken was off the charts as well.
There wasn't even that much work to do and it's not like it was going undone, it was as if the entire place was over recruited.

Ever think about complaining to management or somebody that the work conditions are horrible? They probably would get all pissy at you.
In my last private sector job we all got sick of the workload and stress and during a workplace review we basically told them to hire more fucking people and stop treating us like shit, they pretended to listen/write down notes but we never heard about it again.

Yep, this is practically my job. It's horrible how lazy they are. Some of us are enthusiastic and want to work a proper system and not waste money but it's frowned upon by others.
To be fair though my last public sector job we did work decently hard, but we got a lot of breaks too.

I think we should be getting more pay, but made work twice as hard and have strict but fair managers.
We can practically tell managers to fuck off and they can't do anything about it.

what the FUCK are you still doing up, wagie(s)

>Public sector.
Jaysus don't you have everything sewn up.

>Employment doesn't really factor into my ambitions or dreams or anything. I just want something I can tolerate, ideally something with a degree of personal freedom and a young workforce who I can relate with.
You have very sensible and admirable priorities
>The two jobs I had previously were much better so I'm sure I'll find something.
I'm very glad you're in that position, with such an optimistic perspective. Happiness should always be your priority but how did you rope yourself into this awful job in the first place?

>Jaysus don't you have everything sewn up.
Not really. It's not like I'm going to be rich from it or anything. I don't even get that much time off.

Decisions are made by people in California I have no line of contact with. My manager is someone in their late twenties and only slightly more senior than me, they're meant as more of a friend to help you rather than a boss who has any actual control over work conditions.
Team meetings are basically an exercise in "this is shit - yeah but what can we do." Even firing of staff is done over the managers head and they just have to carry it out even if it makes no sense to them. It's a strange place when compared to how Irish companies work.

>Happiness should always be your priority but how did you rope yourself into this awful job in the first place?
It should be. It's a company name that carries a lot of prestige in my industry and the pay was good. Honestly you don't really know what a job is like until you get it, I certainly didn't think it'd be like it is.

What kind of job would you like, public sector?

Do you enjoy your job at all? At least you have regular employment. I'm in the "unique" position of getting welfare currently, though I spend most of it on other people, and I can't, currently, ever see myself realistically wanting to wade into the waters of employment. I don't say that as some sort of scrounger but it just seems so petrifying to devote your life to it and the demands of other people.

>Even firing of staff is done over the managers head and they just have to carry it out even if it makes no sense to them. It's a strange place when compared to how Irish companies work.
That sounds inefficient for the typically anal and conscientious American company. How would you summate the differences between Irish and American companies?

Self-employment. C:

>Self-employment. C:
You don't like the idea of reporting to someone else? What kind of work would you like to do?

Spider on my ceiling.

Get the walking stick. Make sure to be wearing shoes or slippers for if he falls. May God be with you.

Nah I'm going to leave him there. He'll only be hanging around my room from time to time. Would prefer if they stayed off my bed though but I can't really stop them so whatever.

burn the house down

You deserve every eye laid in your eyestalks for your foolish displays of kindness for the enemy.

>not doing anything
>something randomly falls over very loudly in the corner of the room

Something I can do at my own pace and generate at least a subsistence living from where I could afford my on place and have no obligations to anyone else or a routine schedule.

Maybe write, it seems perfect for me and is sort of an aspiration of mine for the reasons above but I just think everything I write is inadequate so I don't bother anymore. I have too high standards and espectations for myself.

We're actually friends, although its a nervous kind of mutual friendship. I don't think they have emotions like that anyway. They're just a grey blob that moves on instinct. So I don't think they'd take it personally enough to see us an enemies.
I think they're just defensive and want to be left alone.
Tuck them into my warm bed every night with me and light a little fire during the winter. They like a bit of comfort.

>lying in bed
>hear creepy sound
>think it was just the bedsprings
>try to replicate it
>doesn't sound anything alike
>get up and turn the light on

Good lad. Unless they're the non-skinny they're no harm usually.