Give me your honest opinion on this film, Sup Forums

Give me your honest opinion on this film, Sup Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/the-revenant-s-depiction-of-french-canadians-disappointing-roy-dupuis-1.3420530
theverge.com/2013/9/30/4788758/j-j-abrams-apologizes-for-his-overusing-lens-flares
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I am did like it surely but you?

Obligatory Oscar that was meant to be for Wolf of Wall street.

>Muh pelts

Masterpiece.

GRAB THE GODDAMN PELTS

A real piece of trash. A well filmed piece of trash. I'll never watch that shit again.

Inarritu is my favorite modern director. I consider Birdman and The Revenant to be examples of 10/10 pure kino.

Boring shit, basically this year's Gravity.

Another dull attempt by Leonardo DiCaprio to get an Oscar. Watching him scream and moan for 10 minutes while he gets his ass handed to him by a CGI bear isn't that interesting. It turns out that your film has to do more than look good to be good.

>Birdman and The Revenant
>10/10
See? Now you can understand the kind of trash the people who like that shit are.

Wolf of Wall Street was trash. Dicaprio was trash in it as well, more so than usual.

this is a good way to put it. story was not interesting and i got tired of watching leo groan and crawl over a 2.5 hour period. not an entertaining film. just very well shot. good pretty much only for the scenery, but you can get that in plenty of other movies.

wolf of wall street was hot garbage. like, more unwatchable than any leo or scorcese movie i have EVER seen.

Did you even watch the film?

I never saw it, but if the oscars work the way Watchmojo tells me, it's just the obligatory award for some prior performance.

As far as recent films go, Birdman and The Revenant are both great films. Quit being such a stupid hipster.

Overlong and very boring. I didn't feel engaged in DiCaprio's revenge, who thought a man crawling along the ground for 70% of the film was a good idea? It looked beautiful, but that wasn't enough for me to enjoy it.

Tom Hardy was great, and I liked seeing the guy from Son of Rambo get more roles.

Boring. Made famous because of the bear rape memes and because Inarritu won the Oscar the year before with Birdman.

He was one of my favorite directors but his last 2 movies make me afraid of what's coming next for him. He's selling out 100%

OP, Inarritu is somewhat of a dangerous topic here on Sup Forums. For some reason his films seem to really trigger a lot of redditors/plebs.

Pretty good, better than Birdman

It wasn't total shit which made it one of he best films released that year. I worry for Hollywood.

The stuff they produce keeps getting g worse.

Birdman was Bretty up there but revanent was just well shot. Didn't care for the story or the acting.

pretty!

it wasn't actually entertaining though. i fell asleep in the theater when i had to see it a second time.

tom hardy was the best part imo.

Its popular and acclaimed so ofc we dont like it :')

Maybe they did hand him the Oscar for all the past nominations; he certainly wasn't the best actor in The Revenant. However, you have to admit it was brilliant of Inarritu to cast him in a role which basically allowed him to do the only thing he knows how to do, yell and overreact.

Agreed on Tom hardy.

It could have been a great movie if it wasn't for the historically inaccurate portrayal of French Canadians. They really put all the worst on us.

cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/the-revenant-s-depiction-of-french-canadians-disappointing-roy-dupuis-1.3420530

But I do as do others in this thread. Also everyone knows you start threads by stating something controversial since male conversation online is very adversarial. They will come back at you with an argument or insult.

All good fun though.

Masterpieces aren't based of lies, faggot.

Spreading false shit onto my ancestors so that the American audience can feel better about themselves. I will never forget this.

Shot well and looks great, but a dull movie beyond that.

Beautiful photography.
Very unique soundtrack made in the vein of the previous works of Alva Noto and Ryuichi Sakamoto (go check the Raster-Noton label if you're interested in this type of music)
Stupid plot that weighs against the previously mentioned.

Only good if you find some sort of connection with the characters. Movie is too drawn out otherwise, and the visuals can only carry the movie so far.

Loved it. Amazing in the kinoplex

Good posts.

Are you saying only non-fiction can be masterpieces?

Poor man's Herzog.

They have almost nothing to do with each other

I'm one of those people who just loves any big budget movie set in the past, history kino is few and far between.

Overall I thought it was great Leo groaning got annoying but I'm glad I went to see it.

it was visceral, intense.
the groaning was sine qua non to develop a story that deals with nature and the human role.

Very good. I loved the theme of dealing with the raw nature. The length was just right. The scenery was amazing. I didn't like the return to typical revenge action at the end of the film.

The only bad thing is . Apparently the murrikans were more brutal and savage than the frog eaters.

to much REEEE YYYY AAAAA UUUU HHHHHH for me

The only oscar worthy performance Leo ever gave was in Gilbert Grape. He has sucked shit logs in literally everything after that

Amazing cinema experience in IMAX, loses half of its value when watching at home.

One of those movies that is significantly better experience if you saw it in the cinema

It was eh, not bad but nothing special. Didn't feel connected to any of the characters, and it went on too long. It felt like a facile attempt of a Terrance malice film, but with less depth and complexity with the film's central themes. There were some good moments, but not enough to engage.

Cinematography was fucking exceptional, some of the best in any film I've ever seen (apart from that awful lens flare shot).

Beyond that, the story was extremely poorly written and felt like a dumbed-down, sexed-up version of the original story.

DiCaprio's acting was nothing special and the entire movie felt like a platform for his first Oscar. Gleeson and Hardy were great though.

Overall I'd say it felt largely like self-indulgent garbage and lost Inarritu a lot of respect in my eyes after the great film that was Birdman.

It sucked ass. Especially the dull revenge fight.

I like the main theme but everything else is really bland.

it was alright. much better than the average hollywood trash; although, forgettable

>awful lens flare shot

theverge.com/2013/9/30/4788758/j-j-abrams-apologizes-for-his-overusing-lens-flares