Islam in South America

Is it a thing there? How is it generally viewed on the continent?

Other urls found in this thread:

img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/aOBoMZ6_700b_v1.jpg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Paraguay
montevideo.com.uy/contenido/Dos-familias-de-refugiados-sirios-quieren-irse-de-Uruguay--Cualquier-pais-es-mejor-que-aca--339391
m.youtube.com/watch?v=8RxMDtqa-VU
m.youtube.com/watch?v=YIi3fQX4Jt8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump becaue I'm curious as well

they mostly keep to the big cities. I know São Paulo has a mosque; Rio and Curitiba might have too, didn't care to check.

They used to be pretty rare, but in Florianópolis I've seen 2 or 3 women using a niqab

They certainly don't bother others

Is there animosity towards Islam like that which exists in Europe?

once i talked shit about muslim then brazilian come and swear he must kill me
i guess many lebanese there

Not by the general population. Most people don't even know or care about islam.

It's so far from our day-to-day musings that we see it like an 'alien' thing - same goes for buddhism, taoism, etc

I guess the scourge of Islam really hasn't reached your shores yet in such significant numbers that it causes notable problems.

Gladly, we don't have any Muslims or Niggers here.

We are not South America tho.

Indeed. However, some people were arrested back in the Olympics for organizing small bombings. There are some fundamentalist facebook groups, but noone takes them seriously aside the police.

The fact is that almost 60,000 people have been murdered in our country in 2015. Almost 45,000 dead in our roads in the same year.

Terrorists would be small game for us. We're already too good in killing ourselves.

If what happens in Europe starts happening here it will not be a small game. Terrorism causes fear that no robbing ever could

One thing is seeing a person die because she resisted assault or in a car crash, the other is seeing people dying because someone just wants to cause pain and blowed himself up to do so

Of course not, bot Spain and Portugal knew that converting the indigenous people was an important thing for the future.

Islam is not a thing in the African countries colonized by Portugal because of that.

I hope South America can remain free of Islamic influence. Part of this world needs to be allowed to exist without this fucking nuisance.

I don't think Islam is a thing in any country below Congo...

We do like receiving arabs though. + QTs + food = gr8 for both sides.

About islam, the religion: Well, that nobody wants.

speaking of terrorists...
img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/aOBoMZ6_700b_v1.jpg
hah

What a fucking travesty. It's like we're willingly digging our own grave.

Apparently some ottoman citizens emigrated there. i heard latinos calling them turco, even to armenian ones, despite none of them are actually turkish.

Islam in miami is terrorist tier aliens

here we only have 150 muslims literally, and some of them are going to Brazil

We do that! We have lebanese and armenian communities here, but most people just call them turkish

Had a look, says Uruguay has between 900 and 1000.

Wish we had that many ;_;

Nobody gives a shit about them (unfortunately) because they (fortunately) are few and keep their bullshit to themselves.

But we need to make people aware of this vermin so we could act properly un the upcomming crusade

>But we need to make people aware of this vermin so we could act properly un the upcomming crusade
Woah, now you're talking.

You get 100k death but have 200 million people, we get almost that and have 30 million
This, the only woman I've ever loved was lebanese descent

the average meathead here hates anything related to Islam. and not even nu-males are stupid enough to like iy

There are very few of them (about 0.01% of the pop last time I checked), I've only met a muslim once here in Chile and it was in a trade city where pretty much every nationality has a store.

Your president can be Maduro, but he's already rotten!

Can't tell if you're trolling, or just a fucktard. Hope you're tolling. :DD

After they start getting along with our fuglord/fuglady way of thinking, they are essentially sudacas too. I like'em.

>Is Islam a thing there?
define "a thing"
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam_in_Paraguay

How out British/English people generally viewed in Argentina? Is there a lot of ill-feeling towards us?

*How are

>507

Not really a thing then. Are the Muslims in Paraguay Arabs/Persians/Pakis?

lmao
The reason we're fine its because we have the capacity to assimilate every single culture that comes in contact with us
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

If terrorism started happening here our muslims would be royally screwed. Having a poor and ignorant population would finally serve a purpose
Maybe the worst have not reached yet indeed, but looking from afar makes me feel like Muslims and other minorities chimp out solely because of white guilt. You lot have a mortal fear to look like racists irl. We don't have that

Yes. Our people who oppose Islam get shouted down, vilified, criminalised and ignored. The part of of society that simply sees criticism of Islam as racist and bigoted shout the loudest and are given more media attention because they're seen as progressives.

I really wish I had the money to leave Britain as it's not a place I want to be in and grow old.

Read in interesting book on this. Apparently radical Islam is utilizing the political/social turmoil of shitholes like Colombia and Paraguay to embezzle funds and sell illegal goods, they also use those countries for fake passports due to the "ambiguously brown" similarities between a Southwest Asian and someone from South America.

Would be cool if we had stayed being muslims. Imagine Latin America being the shithole it is but full jihadist.

There is some truth on it. IIRC, back in 2014 there was an investigation by our Polícia Federal (your FBI) on the 'tríplice fronteira' (where Paraguay, Argentina and Brazil meet) area regarding this stuff.

no, we don't have that kind of shit, at least here, they want to live this place LOL

montevideo.com.uy/contenido/Dos-familias-de-refugiados-sirios-quieren-irse-de-Uruguay--Cualquier-pais-es-mejor-que-aca--339391

"We stayed"
"We"
"Stayed"
Go prove a muslim ancestor.
Filthy

Assimilate and integrate, which is more important. Feels gud knowing in ~20 years the shitholeness will be curbed by WB pressure, and will have all sorts of hawties on top of it. :DD

We are very progressive ourselves, just seems we try to make it so that people are ok with changes before they come to light.

Would be just the same.

*leave*

No son ningunos boludos, quieren escapar de la guerra, pero lo quieren hacer en Alemania, Suecia, Francia...

Based Uruguay. They can trade places with me if they want.

Probably the biggest community in Latin America, but still pretty small compared to Europe.

Muslims here are peaceful people who don't get ethnic exclusion or discrimination, as a fun fact, the major mosque in Buenos Aires is located 5 blocks from a jew synagogue, the city builds them close to promote the peace n shet...

m.youtube.com/watch?v=8RxMDtqa-VU

South America isn't politically correct. That's a natural defense, much like Eastern Europe.

Don't generalize. Just because you enjoy sucking sandnigger dick that doesn't mean we all do, you ape.

no, as usual the trend is Levantines. some are pakis but the majority is Lebanese and Syrian (actual muslim Syrian, not the christian ones from 90 years ago)

>utilizing the political/social turmoil
lol no, they don't need to wait for that to launder their money here :D

Erm, what? Of course I can generalize. If you question about Islam to the normal blue-collar or housewife, they won't give you a consistent answer because they don't think about it at all.

And I despise sharia, fatwas and other stupid shit Islam has

>If you question about Islam to the normal blue-collar or housewife, they won't give you a consistent answer because they don't think about it at all.
unless they live in São Paulo, SP or Foz do Iguaçu, PR :D

>they won't give you a consistent answer because they don't think about it at all.
Even favelados hate Muslims. Most people have a clear negative opinion about Islam, even those living in the deep countryside.

Just because they had no contact with Muslims that doesn't mean they don't know about Islam. We're not living in the dark ages, people read the news on the internet and they see that shit all the time.

We've got one of the largest mosques in Latam in Maicao, Guajira. Lots of muslims came here and Venezuela at the beggining of the xx century. The vast majority converted to christianity but some of them remained muslim, mostly shia.

it is not consistent
You have people who say stuff like "Argentina would be a better place if we had not expulsed the English when they invaded Buenos Aires in 1806"
you also have "they are pirates" haters, but those people may also have all the Led Zeppelin albums in their house. A few years ago Roger Waters filled the River Plate stadium (60.000 people) like 7 times, and we used to have a massive urban tribu about the Rolling Stones.

So, it is kind of a very inconsistent love hate relationship.

Ah, I see. Is The Falklands topic a serious one in Argentine politics?

this one is in Bogota and apparently is for Sunni muslims

You realize buenos aires is worse than spanish african cities?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=YIi3fQX4Jt8

Yes, it'd be political suicide for anyone to say they don't care about Malvinas.

they were used to be rich. argantina one of two countries which was demoted from developed to developing country. i dont know why they fucked up.

There are about 200 muslims here, some are refugees from Syria. There's a mosque in Quito and one in Guayaquil, i think. I don't think there's any animosity against muslims here, since there are so few of them.
I saw on tv a note about syrian refugees here, and they showed the mosque in Quito. it was pretty varied ethinically, with africans, arabs and indians all praying together.
There's quite a sizable group of lebanese people, specially in politics, but i suppose they are christian lebanese

>i dont know why they fucked up.
They had terrible leaders.

They used to be white.

basically non-existent

Like the usa

If muzzies started causing trouble in Brazil for example they would probably just get pogrom'd by bydlos. In this sense, a poor/uneducated populace is something of a defense against fifth columns.

I think bunda/funk culture is so pervasive and powerful that all islamic culture dissolves and muslims almost immediately turn into hues.

then again so few muslims have moved to south america.

exactly

This. Middle Eastern people assimilate very quickly into Latin American culture

because they were christian
there's something else, i think:
immigrants were better back then. now they're shit. no idea why it changed so globally, maybe globalization itself is at fault?

yes, they wish to convert the entire world
so, sooner or later we'll be targeted as well
in my humble opinion, i say - fuck all those Mohammeds
we are already a bad country, with them, it is just throwing kerosene in the fire

Imigrants back then had little concern with things such as prejudice, racism, etc. Now people are getting worse in this regard, which causes the reciving end of it to be more cautious/pissed.

Globalization seems to be what keeps all peoples from blowing eachother to hell.

there's small muslim communities, they just blend in. like half of muslims in Colombia are natives converted to Islam, but we are talking about 15.000 muslims in the whole country.
pic rel is the first mosque in Bogota, built a couple of years ago.

>I think bunda/funk culture is so pervasive and powerful that all islamic culture dissolves and muslims almost immediately turn into hues.

True words. If there's something the Brazilian man will never want, is to lose the sight of bikini-clad girls

>Imigrants back then had little concern with things such as prejudice, racism, etc.

macaco, I...

>One of the largest mass lynchings in American history was of eleven Italians in New Orleans, Louisiana, in 1891. The city had been the destination for numerous Italian immigrants.[12] Nineteen Italians who were thought to have assassinated police chief David Hennessy were arrested and held in the Parish Prison. Nine were tried, resulting in six acquittals and three mistrials. The next day, a mob stormed the prison and killed eleven men, none of whom had been convicted, and some of whom had not been tried.[13] Afterward, the police arrested hundreds of Italian immigrants, on the false pretext that they were all criminals.[14][15] Teddy Roosevelt, not yet president, famously said the lynching was indeed "a rather good thing". John M. Parker, who helped organize the lynch mob, and in 1911 went on to become governor of Louisiana, said of Italians that they were "just a little worse than the Negro, being if anything filthier in their habits, lawless, and treacherous".[16]

>they just blend in
are you kidding? A gas tank exploded in this Iranian restaurant in Bogota like 3 months ago. The owners were a family of refugees. They still don't know if it was an accident or if it was caused by someone

Burger, I...

>Reference to a time when people were just a tid little more than barbarians
>Fails to read the "little concern" part

I stated today is much worse.

>Islam is not a thing in the African countries colonized by Portugal because of that.
Except Guiné-Bissau

dumb monkey

>using a niqab
lmao fuck off, no fucking way
Either you meant a hijab or they were arab tourists(but why the hell would they come to fucking Florianópolis when there are good beaches way closer to them?)

I live in São Paulo and only saw 2 women wearing colourful hijabs. They were both of Lebanese descent(2nd and 3rd generation already) and pretty friendly, cool people. One was a beautiful(but a bit chubby) and very intelligent and dedicated to her studies.

>tfw no chubby Arab gf

>mexicans convert to Islam
>invade amerijews with their new warrior religion
>destroy the wh*te race
How can wh*tey even compete?

>One was a beautiful
a beautiful teenager*

We got lots of Levantine Arabs here, they vast majority are Christian tho. Afaik we have more than 10 million Arab Brazilians, but there are less than 50k muslims in the entire country.

sorry, I meant a hijab

There were Islamic converts to Christianity that practiced Islam in secret during the Inquisition and moved to Spanish territories overseas.

Same. But we do have a black minority

>Our people who oppose Islam get shouted down, vilified, criminalised and ignored. The part of of society that simply sees criticism of Islam as racist and bigoted shout the loudest and are given more media attention because they're seen as progressives.

How can wh*tey even compete?

When will the united Islamic-Hispanic alliance destroy the white race?

>Islamic-Hispanic alliance
jajaja

Mexico will annex it's former territories, while the Islamic Caliphate of Canada will annex the rest.

Never. PoC solidarity is as existent as Latin America solidarity.

never, we wouldn't really unite with anyone but north americans

Oh look, a nigger