/got/ general

Still no The Winds of Winter announcement so just fuck off GRRM. You will not finish at this rate you time wasting faggot - edition.

Previously:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0RMYffnJge4
youtube.com/watch?v=SpLecyfmYRA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

> starting new thread before post limit

>mfw A Game of Thrones came out when I was in 5th grade
How the fuck does this guy not get his shit together? I finished A Storm of Swords back in HS and A Feast for Crows didn't come out I was already in college. 2-3 years for each novel is acceptable, but at this point, he needs to hand it over to someone else.

>bookplebs have been waiting for the series resolution for more than 20 years

Don't remind me. The show debuted 15 years after the 1st novel was published. I'm not even a die-hard fan but it boggles my mind that the fat fuck hasn't finished.

Histories and Lore YOU FUCKS

GREAT TOURNEY AT HARRENHAL

youtube.com/watch?v=0RMYffnJge4

WAR OF THE NINEPENNY KINGS

youtube.com/watch?v=SpLecyfmYRA

So now that Trump has won, will there be less stronk wymyn or even more to compensate?

I'm actually pissed we'll never get to see the Ninepenny Kings adapted. That shit is more glorious than Robert's Rebellion or Aegon's Conquest in my opinion. We get to see prime Barristan kill Blackfyre shits, young Jon Arryn meeting up with Hoster Tully, Steffon Baratheon, and Rickard Stark. Not to mention young Tywin earning his spurs as well as young Blackfish.

That's a really stark difference in art quality. I get that hiring multiple artists saves time, but that's just jarring.

Gurm being a lazy fuck made me lose all interest in the books, I stopped giving a fuck about the series partway into feast for crows

Modern day Isaac Hempstead-Wright.

if get TWOW gets announced this week

Bran is quite squishy.

If dubs the fat man hasn't written anything ASOIAF related since 2011.

True. I literally cannot think of a squishier character.

When his wild card series debuts but then immediately gets canned because nobody gives a fuck about the fat hacks sci-fi will it mean we will finally get winds or will he keep it from us forever out of spite?

GRRM is going back to the drawing board now because he wants to make political statements in his book. He'll have some evil Donald Trump-type new evil. This is speculation but I wouldn't be surprised at this point.

>“There are really no words for how I feel this morning. America has spoken. I really thought we were better than this. Guess not. Trump was the least qualified candidate ever nominated by a major party for the presidency. Come January, he will become the worst president in American history and a dangerously unstable player on the world stage. And the decimated Democrats, a minority in both House and Senate, do not have the power to hinder him. Over the next four years, our problems are going to get much, much worse,” Martin elaborated On his blog

So trump won and now no 2017.
Thanks George.

He's gonna make Euron act like Trump, the show was just one step ahead of him

He overreached. He's added to many secondary and tertiary characters and plotlines that he doesn't know how to tie together anymore.

He's probably just overhyping his feelings as an excuse to delay for another year or so

Euron grabs Dany by the pussy and they get married and rule together. BTFO Snu lovers.

I bet the white walkers will end up being nice guys that just wanted to stop the prophecy of Euron destroying the world or some shit and then Euron wants to build the wall that was broken and Dany will make him not build the wall.

He's never going to finish I don't think. I reckon he is afraid of the monumental let down it will be after such a long wait, that he's lost his nerve.

Also he's too busy dining on spit roasted pigs and drinking buckets of mead, the massive fuck.

bran can't be king

not fit to breed

not fit to lead

Just saw Hacksaw Ridge, I have a new headcanon young Ned actor.

Wouldn't mind seeing him in the speculated prequel series.

He hates people who love ASOIAF you can just tell he thinks little to nothing of our intelligence. He will be bitter forever and never accept no one cares about his other works. Instead he will blame it on the masses intelligence level and never finish out of hate. Why else would he not let anyone else finish it either?

Was the movie any good? I can't believe they are still having Andrew Garfield in motion pictures.

Even with the weak art these videos are so much better than the show.

The show did a great job of merging the elder brother and Meribald into one character to make Brother Ray - but why the hell couldn't they have had him tell this story on the show? Can normies not sit still for five minutes while an excellent actor tells a compelling story?

I'm gonna be honest, I read A Game of Thrones after getting into the show. Usually the book/books are always better than the screen adaptation so I was all ready to love them.. and it kind of sucked. He isn't a great writer. I know I'm going to get bitched out for saying this, but fuck it.

It was, it's 2h18m but I still wanted more.

GRRM has been writing for decades. ASOIAF was just supposed to be a trilogy he made after his TV writing jobs fizzled out as a fuck you to budget restrictions. It was never supposed to become his magnum opus and he resents that it has, especially since he cannot finish it..

He's already king of my heart

No that's your opinion and I respect it. I love the books for all the little details and mysteries and I feel like a fucking idiot right now for believing they could end in a fascinating and different way then "hur der Dany and Jon." Or thinking that they would ever be finished at all.

I still do like the books better though they didn't redeem themselves in my eyes after season 5 and it just keeps getting worse in my opinion. I will probably get a lot of shit for that because lots of people loved season 6 but in my eyes in was awful and baffling. No ones motivations make sense anymore and it's been dumbed down and normiefied beyond anything I could care for. I'm just in it for the memes now and I've come this far have to follow it through.

Wow thanks for the recommendation.

In my head, there are two options.

> 1) He's already written both Winds of Winter and Dream of Spring. He's just waiting until he passes away to release them.

> 2) He's not written shit and he's never going to.

Latter is probably the case.

>> 1) He's already written both Winds of Winter and Dream of Spring. He's just waiting until he passes away to release them.

You're a fool if you think that's in the realm of possibility.

George would fucking LOVE to get even more attention and praise while alive from releasing a new book.

Why is there no shota doujin of S1 Bran yet?

>yfw GRRM will die before the end of 2016

Honestly why doesn't his publishing company fire him? I mean he's clearly not writing and wasting everyone's time whilst he fires editors and tells fans to fuck off.

Because he's made them tons of money? Book sales after GOT started airing must have been crazy.

Nah, mate. I get what you're saying. I love the series, but it's not perfect and some of the stuff they changed (just from what I've read and been told by book fans) seems stupid AF. Thinks they've left out ect.. I was pissed when I heard about Lady Stoneheart for e.g

I know absolutely nothing about GRRM as a person, it was just a dream scenario. Chances are he just doesn't give a shit anymore and he's happy living out his final years seeing the world and being rich. Even if he does write an ending, endings are always divisive and there's going to be hate for it.

And yet he continues not to write the remainder of his series whilst the medicore tv comes to an ending spoiling and revealing the series ending and twists whilst he bs' ppl that it'll be different. Watch book sales be shit if wow releases after the show is over.

Is this the first time the showuniverse has aknowledged that the Blackfyres existed?

>tfw we will never see Meera Reed let her hair down and take her place by Bran's side at court and watch her live a dignified, albeit limited love life with her crippled husband.

Just finished season 6.

What the fuck is this shit?

Seriously, it takes two seasons to return to Bran and it's just a continuation of cryptic cockteasing. Fucking Hodor becomes a deus ex machina - also the backstory/spirit time traveling bit was totally fucked.

Dothraki in the temple just run around whilst being burned, Dany didn't really exert herself and slowly pushed the braziers down.

It's like whoever was directing got pissed off about pic related and thought 'Fuck you, I'll show you unfinished'.

I like(d) this show and regardless I'll keep watching but compared to Season 1, it's like seeing someone you really like get beaten to a pulp and reduced to life support.

It made for a great cliff hanger heh. And it made sense. Beric did swear he'll do everything in his power to bring Arya to her mother after all. And it's kind of poetic that Brienne end us in Jaime's situation regarding Aerys. You can't really pull that off without Cat and without her being nuts. In the show we had Brienne doing sweet FA for two seasons, and Jaime going to Dorne instead, which wasn't that good of a trade off. Another aspect of Stoneheart was to show off the consequences of resurrection, which the show didn't bother with, making Jon's death nothing but a cliffhanger.

The books aren't perfect though. Questionable prose aside, they're pretty fucking bloated. Which I wouldn't mind too much if George was younger and a faster writer. As it is, the second dance won't even start by the end of winds, let alone the white walker invasion.

I will never understand not including LSH because people watching and invested in a fantasy series about dragons, fire proof princesses, and ice zombies would never like or understand her plot line right? But then go ahead and make plenty of room for Dorne that will end up being dropped because no show Aegon and dick jokes.

The show dropping the Vale plot was stupid too. Let's take Littlefinger one of the most interesting characters left because you don't know his true motives and put him on the back burner and if the leaks are true kill him before exploring why he felt the need to put everything at risk including Sansa and Cat to become a player in the game at a huge level. Fucking why?

H-he's coming back any second now, r-right guys?

No.

I can't believe these threads are still going.

I've stopped thinking about asoiaf full stop because what's the fucking point. The books are never coming out and if trends continue then the show is going to get even going. I wish I'd never started watching this or reading the books.

At this point all I can do is not expect anything. If the books come out it's a nice surprise, if the show doesn't suck, same again.

Anyway I was on my way to the westworld thread and stumbled in here so I'll be on my way ^_^

I could go on, killing EVERYONE in the Red Keep, fucking Tommen just jumping out a window.

Ian Mcshane not even lasting HALF an episode. The rest of the episodes are kind of blurry, you don't remember them. That's the mark of shitty writing really.

Anyway the only thing that wasn't tied up was Gendry. Wherever the fuck he is.

Few shows are still good in season 6. And the people running THIS show aren't even very good by the standards of their industry. Expect the trend to continue.

Westworld is typical jj abrams mystery box garbage it can't sustain itself for more than 2-3 seasons it'll turn shit like every modern hbo show.

They didn't include Stoneheart because no one cared about Cat. They turned the poor women into an ornament. Like her or not, at least she was a character in the books.

I know GOT really reminds you to never love or trust anyone or anything because they will just turn to shit stained garbage and rip your heart out. I loved this show. I loved the ASOIAF universe. Now I just want the madness to end.

I have such mixed feelings about this awful show, I can't fully hate it because it's the reason I started reading the books. Season 1 was so good.

But then again maybe I should be mad I started reading the books since the fat fuck can't be bothered to write anymore.

Cap this post. GRRM will die within the first 100 days of Trump's presidency, his heart giving out due to Hillary's loss and the fact HBO has showed him the roadmap for the remainder of the TV series, so he has no more work to do

;( ellie is fucking life

Its pathetic that d&d are so cheap that she gets written out for bullshit with their astronomical budget.

It's her fault for not being Jon or Dany.

He's sitting outside Winterfell right now Ser on the cusp of a glorious battle he will win again and again forever.

hell yea instead of making it an amazing love story which they couldve done when benjen was about to save them and they couldve kissed they just played it off and had him hold her face for god knows what reason.

Why is he so nice and cute? Why isn't the rest of the cast as friendly as he is?

What should I read lads? Pls no unfinished series.

A lot of the rest of the cast have futures in the biz. This dude's future is the convention circuit.

I get a ton of hate from mentioning Preston Jacobs anywhere else on social media or facebook. And most of the people that get so angry about him have never even seen one of his videos. Does his rejection of shitty, hamfisted prophecy fulfilling Chosen One themes really trigger normies so hard? Preston is probably wrong about most things, but his views of ASOIAF are the only thing that help me convince myself that GRRM is a genius and not a fat hack that forgot most of the themes he used to write about when he was young and under 400 pounds.
Is PJ really that patrician that normies are triggered into oblivion? Or is it just a popular meme that PJ makes crazy tinfoil theories and no one bothers to watch them?

Your so correct. I gave WW a fair shake 4 eps and it was just OK but as I'm watching episode 4 my partner walks in and says "oh this one is even more soap opera then your game of thrones." And I switched that shit right off realizing he was right and I can't afford to get wrapped up in anymore pleb shit.

This shit is not funny Right now I'm 39 And I worry the fat bastard is going to choke on some turkey before he finishes the series

Magna Carta

No that's Jack Gleeson

GRRM is a fat hack and PJ theories are purified autism.

Yeah the normie hated her because she was mean to wittle Jon but Jon chapters with the exception of him infiltrating the wildlings put me to fucking sleep. Even Dany chapters are better.

Not to mention the opportunity to inject a sense of wonder and genuine fantasy into the show through their storyline with the three-eyed raven and the children of the forest. Bran and Meera crossed paths with the remnants of a lost sentient species and D&D managed to make it completely lacking in any meaningful drama.

At least they made them interesting looking unlike the leaf character we see at the end of season 4

>Jack gleeson
>Convention circuit

>>>You

Post top 3 favorite POV and top 3 least favorite POV in the books.

>Favorite
Jaime
Theon
Cersei

>Least favorite
Jon
Dany
Brienne

Pictures from the set

>Dany and Jon most important characters on the show
>Both played by Godawful actors

You should've dropped the books long, long ago m8

Modern day Isaac Hempstead Wright

>Fav
Arya
Davos
Theon

>Least
Aero hotah
Sansa
Arriane

Did you read the Rouge Prince & Princess and the Queen? I like them better than ASOIAF series. They are jam packed with excitement, finished, and take less than 4 hours to read. You can find the audio all over YouTube.

>Favorite
Theon
Jaime
Eddard

>Least favorite
Pretty much any Dorne related POV, Arianne, Areo, Arys, Quent, just pick one, it dosn't matter...
Dany
Sam, though I am intrigued by the Citadel shenanigans, so I'm optimistic about him

All hail Preston. His version of events is far superior.

I am constantly torn between hating George and wanting to REEEEEEEEE at his fat fucking ass but also respecting his hustle and marveling at the complexity of the books.

GODDAMNIT STOP DRESSING EVERYONE IN FUCKING BLACK

Did Jerome actually get to touch the tripod?

>ywn bend NCW over a car and fuck him up his mmp
Why live?

I hope he hurries up and dies. Despite what he says someone else will actually finish it when he dies. It's to much of a cash cow for his publisher not to figure out a way to by pass him and get it done.

>There are still desperate people who deny the leaks

But how else would the audience know that they're the bad guys?