ITT: Post your perfect True Detective Season 3

ITT: Post your perfect True Detective Season 3.

I'll start.

Starring:
>Christian Bale (charismatic, funny man)
>Brendan Gleeson (introverted, straight man)

Setting:
>Dunboyne, County Meath, Ireland.

Premise:
>A bog body of a county sheriff that went missing from the town over a decade ago is located: his body shows clear signs of a threefold death. The sheriff was the father of Gleeson's character (who is not police) and is what closely ties him into the case. Upon interviewing him, Bale's character (police, perhaps even a recent expat) discovers that he has a strong disdain towards the Dunboyne Garda that most likely stems from the lack of action taken in locating his father many years back. Furthermore, Gleeson reveals his suspicions of conspiracy and believes his father's disappearance/murder was that of an inside job. At first Bale dismisses the claims as utter lunacy but he is forced to lend weight to it when another high profile figure in the town is murdered weeks/months later due to similar injuries and the police refuse to connect the two cases. Given the small-town nature of Dunboyne, Bale and Gleeson must discreetly work together to solve what is going on whilst the Garda's ever watchful eye becomes more suspicious.
>The case would include themes of celtic sacrificial rituals. Maybe a bit of viking imagery here and there.

Theme Song:
>From 45 seconds in (to whenever really)
youtube.com/watch?v=yaS3vaNUYgs

>or this (ignore vid and just listen to the song)
youtube.com/watch?v=tG2u1N8Ke-Y

Inspiration:
>irishcentral.com/roots/history/The-origins-of-the-Irish-road-PHOTOS.html
>digitalmedievalist.com/opinionated-celtic-faqs/human-sacrifice/
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threefold_death
>Being from Ireland myself.

Admit it, this would objectively be the best season

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UEBIsUsvheA
youtube.com/watch?v=BNBwnyqKuaU
youtube.com/watch?v=2K7CEDoUapM
youtube.com/watch?v=kb-SgwOJjcM
youtube.com/watch?v=2wh-n7Y6hPk
youtu.be/JAzTnsSgs2s
youtube.com/watch?v=HhyUVM2w6ro
youtube.com/watch?v=E0HzNePL-XM
youtube.com/watch?v=q-DoIQXBp6c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

the fuck this song doesnt fit td im laughing so hard but somehow it does. time to sleep

Goose
The Jake

future. Neo Seattle subtle blade runner/ghost in the shell shit

Everyones addicted to pill popping drug shit.
Its in the days of some nuclear end of days/ global warming fucking all shit up. Thye are just trying to do their job even though the end of days is soon.

Song: Lorn- weigh me down

youtube.com/watch?v=UEBIsUsvheA

Kino

I'd watch it

The X-Files meets The Dark Knight Rises.

Admit it, that would be, [dare I say], kino.

>Starring
Micheal Keaton (seasoned but not extremely strict or stern, very open to any possibility)
Glenn Howerton (newer on the job, serious and a skeptic)

>Setting
Winter, eastern America. Lots of trees, snowy.

>Premise
Creepy shit is happening in the woods and nobody knows why. Mystery involves implications of serial cannibalism, ritual murder, culty shit. The twist to the formula is that the plot heavily centers around the Bigfoot myth.

>Theme
youtube.com/watch?v=BNBwnyqKuaU

Jake Gyllenhal
Nathan Fillion

Takes place in upstate New York on the border. Killer is a Native person from Canada crossing the border to kill Americans. Jake is a Sheriff investigating the killings and Nathan is his Canadian counterpart. They work together to figure it out, etc. Explores tribal culture and how much they hate the white men in addition to dealing with the differing ideologies of Canadian and American criminal justice systems.

Song:
youtube.com/watch?v=2K7CEDoUapM

I also suck at this so feel free to ridicule me.

I love it. Only thing i'd change is Fillion, since all he's good at is being the ultimate smartass.

That's a pretty good song.

youtube.com/watch?v=kb-SgwOJjcM

youtube.com/watch?v=2wh-n7Y6hPk

Said this before but make a Harry Potter Spinoff. Harry and Ron join the Aurors, call it True Auror. This for theme song

youtu.be/JAzTnsSgs2s

this is basically just a lamer version of broen but its a good song choice

Amend that to be the Pine Barrens in Jersey, and Jersey Devil instead of Bigfoot and you have a story there

Boring.

But that's a GOAT song for an opening.

My perfect TD season 3:

Cancelled, never to return.

I should have said "Sasquatch", sounds a bit more serious. In an ideal show they'd play it completely straight, make it work, and make it unsettling. Jersey Devil is pretty damn creepy as well though, but I think Bigfoot feels a bit more grounded.

>Starring
Joaquin Phoenix
Gary Oldman
>Setting
Shady San Francisco
>Premise:
Something similar to the Zodiac-killer except he's a part of the justice system and manipulates it to his liking
>Theme
youtube.com/watch?v=HhyUVM2w6ro

OC, nice and hot.
youtube.com/watch?v=E0HzNePL-XM

Why does everyone wank off Phoenix? I mean do people really consider him to be that good?

Yes.

I'd watch anything with Gleeson in it and Bale is also good.

Starring Jake Gyllenhall and Oscar Isaac.

>Setting
Seattle

>Director
Fucking Cary Fukunaga, obviously

>Song
Living on a thin line - the kinks

Well I guess I disagree.

not bad my man

True Detective S03
Starring
Matthias Schoenaerts
Paul Dano

Setting:
abandoned, derelict office building

Premise:
Dano wakes up bloody, tied to a pillar, legs handcuffed together, with Schoenaerts peeing on him at an awkward angle - one arm cemented into an adjacent pillar.
Over the course of the first episode we learn that Dano, internal affairs cop, has been building a case against (possibly innocent) Schoenaerts, head of some controversial task force. In the course of Dano's investigation more than one of the task force underlings have turned up dead (allegedly killed by Dano?).
The whole thing is two people in a room, with brief intro and/or outro flashbacks to the happenings that may or may not exactly match what they recount and lie about to each other.
It's like SAW meets NO EXIT or some such shit with a better example I can't think of right now

Theme Song:
NIN - Head Like a Hole
or
The Mae Shi - Run to Your Grave

Gary Sinise is a private investigator who only takes really easy cases like finding missing purses or cars because of a major fuck up in his past when he was on the force, likely addicted to painkillers because he took a bullet to the shoulder or something during he climax of that failed case

Andrew Garfield is a young hotshot who thinks that his personal outlook is absolute, gets tons of women because he's the youngest detective on the force or something and he's good looking

Set in Maine or some other isolated place in New England, the two must work together to find out why large quantities of animals are dying in packs, why a lumber company has been having problems with workers disappearing into the woods, and why everything is so goddamned depressing.

Also Kit Harrington is the morally ambiguous site leader at the lumber camp, doesn't seem to care that men are going missing left and right, and Emma Roberts is the eye candy.

Lotus Flower by Radiohead as the title song

Director:
>Andrew Dominik

Starring:
>Ulrich Thomsen
>Jamie Hector

Setting:
>Omaha, Nebraska
>Winter

Premise:
>The Franklin child prostitution ring allegations took place between 1988 and 1991 and involved an alleged child sex ring serving prominent citizens of Nebraska, as well as high-level U.S. politicians. The allegations also claimed that the alleged sex ring was led by, "a cult of devil worshipers involved in the mutilation, sacrifice and cannibalism of numerous children." The allegations centered on the actions of Lawrence E. King Jr., who ran the now defunct Franklin Community Federal Credit Union (FCFCU) in Omaha, Nebraska.

Theme Song:
>youtube.com/watch?v=q-DoIQXBp6c

TD3

Marion Cotilliard
Adele Exarchopoulos

Setting:
France 1968

A serial killer is killing women in movie theaters all over Northern France and staging the bodies identical to the films reviewed in the current Cahiers du Cinema. Cotillard is the wife of Police Inspector WhoCaresWhoHeIs and she ends up investigating using his notes and overheard conversations with colleagues. Adele is the key witness who got away from the unrecognizable killer but privy to his process of forcing the women to watch the film kill scenes while he prepares the scene.
Cameos by Godard, Rohmer, et al as either suspects or consultants to the police.
The whole thing is in French, obviously

Theme Song:
Jacques Brel - Ne me quitte pas

To me.

Did someone say True DeKEKtive?

wew lads

I might grow a moustache again if there's a season 3.