Is this the best war movie ever made?

Is this the best war movie ever made?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l4FeyONCtfc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's good in terms of depicting a non-combatant whose still heroic as fuck.

In terms of great war movies, Paths of Glory surpasses it.

it was decent, quit shilling

Edgy. It was top 3 easily

>Ever made
No
>Past 10 years
Sure.

Patton is the best in my opinion.

Not even remotely close

In all srsness I doubt it will top Apoc Now

Apocalypse Now.

Why has there been so much obvious shilling for this movie here?
I mean it was a good movie, I really liked it, but so many of the threads made about it are blatantly promotional

Its a shitty story about a guy who makes up his own version of Pacifism and then proceeds to push it upon everyone around him. SJWs in WWII. It just gets shilled here because of Mel.

When does he ever push it on anybody else in the film? He only insists on practicing it himself, he never tries to get anybody else to

This easily. Best film ever made

not even close

We love Mel Gibson

That movie was too edgy desu, once they start raping and burning civilians alive it just becomes way too excessive

Why is there a T90 in the background?

Is this movie about those Soviet suicide bomber dogs dispatched against tanks?

And he fucking saved 75 people. I don't recall that sjws have saved someone...

I liked it, the war scenes were fantastic. But after thinking about it if he didn't want to pack a gun why didn't he just join a non combat group. Would have saved a lot of headaches.

sssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

>past 10 years
>implying this is better than Letters from Iwo Jima

He was pushing it on everyone by saving them. They probably all felt like they had to go to church after

>american
>not wanting to pick up a gun and shoot foreigners or even their own people

this movie is fantasy

T b h Letters from Iwo Jima is definitely one of the saddest movies I've seen

man, watching this was the most excruciating 4 hours I've ever experienced

>Why is everybody picking on me when I disobey orders and refuse to even touch a gun to shoot a target.
>Everyone is persecuting me for my beliefs
>Why can't I just serve the way I wanna serve
>Ignores basic Army principals
>I can't work on Saturday its a day of rest for me
>Ignores Triage, a system designed to treat mass amounts of wounded people as efficiently as possible because of MUH FEELINGS
The movie was Christian propaganda and the main character was unreasonable to the people around him. No one wants to admit this because of the month of Mel shilling leading up to its release.

Yes goy, how dare there be a non-christian hating non-pussy white guy, non-degenerate film for once!

t. cuck

>Won't address any of my points
Did any of the fucks shilling this even see the film?

Sergeant York is way better because it tells the story of a man heroically overcoming pacifism and learning to love killing germans.

one of clint's finest, he kinda went downhill after that
but i guess at his age now you can't really expect much

Top three definitely. Paths of Glory is numero uno.

but why are they any better

I haven't seen that yet. I really need to get around to it.

>tips fedora

It's unironically very good. I thought it was gonna be a Jap lovefest, but it was very balanced.

>That scene when they drive over a hadji terrorist and feed the remains to the Army Dog

Shit was too much man

kikes BTFO

Patton features one of, if not the, best performances by a lead actor in a war film. It also has a much bigger scope and is more of a military epic than a war movie.

>Why has there been so much obvious shilling for this movie here?
we've been waiting for a new Mel Gibson movie since this board was fucking made

>that scene where Army dog keeps stabbing the dead corpse
makes Raimi look tame DESU

Stay pleb Sup Forums

Great war movies are not about war, they are about mens valor. And every great war movie exposes war as pointless while showing the exceptional acts of bravery that are accomplished on the road to nothing. Thats why SPR is a great war movie and Black Cock Down isnt: in SPR the mission is ridiculous, like all war, but the acts of bravery are exceptional and worthy of being retold. Black Cock Down is just 5 guys getting cucked by Somalians. Its a Swedes wet dream, but its not a great war movie

Hacksaw was a great war movies because it fulfilled both these requirements. War was exposed as pointless after Desmonds father returned home a ruined man with a town full of young men killed. The mission to take the ridge was Desmonds platform for the act of great valor. BUT it doesnt hit both points as good as SPR, which is the ultimate war movie due to its perfect depection of the first requirement (wars pointless nature). Still, Hacksaw was really really good, anyone who says its not is probably working for the chosen people trying to hold Mel down

That's not enemy at the gates OP. It's not even Apocalypse now or letters from Iwo Jima... so i say no.

>a guy who makes up his own version of Pacifism
lol, this

>I'm not even going to touch a gun because guns kill
>but I'm going to drag Sarge on his ass so that he can gun down multiple Japs

in no particular order
>Paths of Glory
>Letters from Iwo Jima
>The Thin Red Line
>Hacksaw Ridge

all in running for best fiction war movies ever made

>>Ignores Triage, a system designed to treat mass amounts of wounded people as efficiently as possible because of MUH FEELINGS
when did this happen?

also, Desmond Doss is a hero and it's because of his beliefs. Everyone doubted him because eh dared to stand up for grace, peace, and love in wartime even though he pledged to do it in service of his nation

everyone who thinks he's a pussy doesn't understand that it's braver for him to stick to his principles, get beaten and mocked by his comrades, then turn the other cheek and love them more than any person deserves to be loved

>They probably all felt like they had to go to church after
and they would have gladly, because they weren't stubbornly retarded like le ebin i believe in science generation

Its literally stated in the film. Did you see it?

Here is you're (you)

It was very good.

I think SPR is better and I'm not really sure why it's so hated here. I actually don't think it's overrated at all.

Hacksaw was still very good and one intriguing positive aspect is that it is "true." I still think that overall SPR is better and has a better overall story despite that it is fiction

Shitposting aside

America really had ugly uniforms in WW2

>when did this happen?

When he first drags back the guy with the blown off legs even though the other medic told him to just give him a shot of morphine and move on. He even asks him "ever heard of triage".

damn dude, I've never seen someone have such great principles and apply them so incorrectly before

SPR is a shitty pro-war propaganda film that, at evry chance, no matter how cheap, makes the Americans look just and brave and the Germans look like cowardly and evil
youtube.com/watch?v=l4FeyONCtfc

SPR would be incredible if it was just the Omaha beach sequence but then it gets insane with the hollywood bullshit, and it ends on one of the least ethically sound moments ever shot in blockbuster cinema

Black Hawk Down is incredible because it's anti-war realism and heroics from beginning to end

we see the men excited for war and excited to do the right thing, and then we're beaten over the head with how useless and unnecessary the entire conflict is. we see men fearing for their lives, dying slow and painful deaths, and putting themselves last in some of the most difficult situations any person has ever been in. And the direction is absolutely phenomenal

Hacksaw Ridge is by far the best out of these three though

>Black Hawk Down is incredible because it's anti-war realism and heroics from beginning to end
You're literally mentally fucking retarded.

It's not shilling it's just a shitty opinion. Enough with the shilling meme, you guys are more pathetic than the actual shillers.

@OP It was good but not the best, not even close.

>That story about how the German reenactors playing the krauts arrived with proper haircuts for the German forces and were told to shave like skinheads

ayyylmao

The relatively small budget is keeping it from becoming a classic

>generic stock soundtrack with the blatant use of temp tracks
>the relatively small budget becomes obvious in any bigger scale scene with The Hobbit like extra duplicates and the fact that 90% of the movie is medium and close-up shots
>somewhat comedic tonal shifts in certain scenes like that first bringing down of the wounded soldier without them noticing and the Vince Vaughn sled like ride and shoot, all the while "serious" soundtrack plays in the background
>those playstation 2 looking battle ships firing away
>every wounded soldier is magically healed with only a belt and a bit of morphine

Still enjoyed the movie

Vince Vaughn was horrible in Hacksaw

Can't say it was objectively bad but it definitely is pretty slow to start. There are some excellent jap killing sequences that more than make up for it though. I'm 100% certain they used sound effects from RO2:rising storm, particularly the screaming burning japs. Not a bad movie, but nothing crazy if you ask me, solid 7/10.

This, and the way he was runing, jfc

You guys said Fury was one of the best war movies ever when it came out. I think I'll skip this one

It's up there at least. But it's a genre with many masterpieces

Problem Child 2

BCD had no meaning, like I said before. Great war movies like SPR and HR expose war as frivolous and arent just 3 hours of mowing down black people. Nice try at artistic analysis, though.

Who the fuck said that. It's not even top 50 lmao.

>somalis
>people

pick one

>BHD had no meaning
its meaning was that mowing down brown people IS meaningless, yet the heroics of the men to survive and sacrifice themselves on the battlefield are moving and worth honoring

it fits your exact description of a good war movie. they show how the politics of interventionist wars are fucking retarded, they show how absolutely no benefit came out of american troops being there, and they show how shitholes gonna shithole and war makes them worse

BHD is about courage under fire and comradeship, you fucking nigger.

You take care of your men, always.

Eh depends if the person is likely to die/resource are scarce

t. Corpsman

How's it doing on box-office? I heard it's getting BTFO by some Marlel capeshit for manchildren.

I agree, it looks noticeably cheap and that's a damn fucking shame

Ok lads lets settle it once and for all. Which is the GOAT war mini series?

It's because he refused to kill him.

No hes a pussy because he put his own values and morals first when it came to helping OTHER people.

He could have accomplished and helped a lot more if he was at least willing to fire a fucking gun in the proper direction

Well thats not true

They are madly in love with Mel's big Australian cock and to them he can do no wrong.
Really sticking it to the Jews making a movie starring a Jew that was probably funded by Jews too.

It's pretty depressing to see the lack of self-awareness when they leech on his image as some heroic conservative icon and think he's super duper gud just because of his political opinions and diss libshits for doing the same in a different thread.

I thought Fury was pretty good until it became Fury.

No, this is probably the best war film ever made.

It is shilling though. They don't have to be paid to be shills. They "love" this extremely average movie (it's also dog shit compared to Apocalypto) because Mel Gibson made it and they agree with his political stances. This board is absolutely full of that shit lately. Nobody can separate the content from the creators.

I can see from the plethora of evidence and arguments you provided that this is obviously the case.

What was I thinking?

wew

absolutely reddit

Oh yeah I was so confused why you guys were pretending to like this propaganda shit-fest of a movie.

>He could have accomplished and helped a lot more if he was at least willing to fire a fucking gun in the proper direction
>killing thousands of people instead of saving 50 is better because it made a bigger impact
t.violent warmongerer
Stop using violence as the go-to answer for every fucking thing you stupid savages.

I haven't seen it yet, it's in that type of league? Really?

>That scene where Army Dog is torturing the child in front of his father

About as useful and valid as your last post, I don't go to reddit and I never have. Sup Forums can have proper discussion too, we aren't all shitposters.

>scene where army dog makes the local women lick his lipstick

I thought heros didn't rape!?!?

Yes.
I personally think that this is the best movie ever made. I may be wrong, but it's objectiveley out there

He had to put out some steam dammit the final act where hes recovering from PTSD very powerful scene

>cant tell posters apart

Definitley reddit

The thing is, Generation Kill is about the bitter cynicism of modern war, while Band of Brothers is more about the glory and anguish of WW2. They are both war mini-series, but they deal with such different topics and themes that I find it hard to compare them.
My personal pick goes to GK because the acting and script was just so fucking stellar, while BoB suffered from post-SPR syndrome with awful washed out filters and occasional awkward dialogue. GK was a lot more believable, and is to me actually the single most believable piece of non-documentary cinema/television ever made.

Ugh. Don't even remind me of this.

I heard some serious shit about the movie but to be considered a video nasty and even banned in some countries

>the scene where army dog orders the entire village to be burned down
>and the women to be taken to the woods

uhuh sure kid

This is the best war movie... to lull you to sleep LOL in all honesty its good up until that fat black faggot shows up. Genuinely killed the movie and made me drowsy

SPR is hated because its a war movie about a squad of people who have no idea how to fight

You clearly didn't pay attention he was assigned wrong

t. somebody who thinks I give a shit about people who use this retarded meme in a nonironic fashion

What do you mean "true?"

nope. how does it feel to be too stupid to comprehend one of mankinds most universal truths?