I know I'm pretty late to the party but just watched 'The Perks of Being a Wallflower'...

I know I'm pretty late to the party but just watched 'The Perks of Being a Wallflower'. The only thing I have to ask is: is this in any way an accurate depiction of American teenager? I mean, the kids in this movie are just way too fucking over the top and forced. They ask the 14-15yo Charlie if he had never done drugs before like it's pretty common to just be baked when you're 13 or whatever.

Of course the movie is exaggerating, but does it contain any ounce of truth? I'm from an Asian country so I can't really decide if your society has just descended into this hellish blackhole or not.

I was afraid of High School here in Canada because I thought all those teen dramas were true.

I thought I was gonna deal with drug use, teens killing themselves, drama.

Nah, it was just an extension of elementary school, everyone was friendly.

No teenagers anywhere in the world act like this. And no one who looks like Logan Lerman would have had trouble making friends or getting a date, even if he had been raped by his dead aunt.

Are you underage or retarded?

That's too broad of a question, because the U.S. isn't small. But certainly you can be introduced to drugs at a young age like 13 or 14 if you live in the wrong area.

Anyway being a teenager in the U.S., you know that part of "America" that isn't South America, Canada or Mexico, varies wildly from state to state.

Not uncommon but realize movies like this are meant to be viewed from the lens of a kid. The "cool kids doing cool things" in middle/high school here are just little shits being sociopaths to each other and having laughably bad sex.

It does contain an ounce of truth. I actually connected a lot with the main protag

It's not that broad. They're all white kids who look like they're at least middle-class. It's not like they live in some crackland ghetto populated by drugies and teenager single moms.

Not underaged at all.

Is that Miranda Cosgrove on the right?

You mean you're a good looking male who couldn't connect to anyone in your school due to poor screenwriting and casting?

Not good looking but the rest yeah pretty much.

I've never seen this movie and I'm never going to see this movie. I'm way the fuck over this trope of the intellectual, in-touch-with-his-emotions high school student. No one has the fucking problems this shit-bag has. There is no such thing as a high schooler as well-spoken as these cuckolds. Fuck this movie and fuck the pretentious book, too. The epistolary genre is dead, let it fucking die.

>I've never seen this movie and I'm never going to see this movie.
> I'm way the fuck over this trope of the intellectual, in-touch-with-his-emotions high school student. No one has the fucking problems this shit-bag has.
>There is no such thing as a high schooler as well-spoken as these cuckolds. Fuck this movie and fuck the pretentious book, too.

You just said you've never seen the movie but you're willing to lay out a plot that doesn't exist for the sole purpose of hating the movie.

user, they're pretty upper-middle/lower-upper class kids.

Freaks and Geeks was about normal kids.

>no shite skins
>normal

Its 2016

Hollywood is not a representation of reality. It's not even close. It's more a representation of what a bunch of rich Jews WANT the youth to be doing, because in the end they know that a generation that is addicted to drugs, immoral, indebted and indoctrinated is one that is easily controlled.

A good example is the Skins series in the UK. It's a series about being a degenerate. Kiddies see this and try to emulate the behaviour. Everyone who was a teenager in that era went to a "skins party" to be cool.

Be more critical when you watch films Chinkbro, otherwise you're going to get subverted.

I acknowledged that the movie's an obvious exaggerations and simply asked if it contains any ounce of truth. You should recommend me some red pill movies, though.

tv & movie high school
>omg orgy at the party tonight!
>totally i will get the kegs
>hey remember holly loves cocaine so make sure to get some bags!

real high school
>you ugh heard aaron got a handjob last night at the bonfire?
>shit really
>yah i guess someone had stole a bottle of whisky for someones dad and they got drunk
>damn what a G

Teenagers with shity parents are like this.

You shouldn't watch movies to inform you politically. You should watch movies to entertain you and then recognize the propaganda when it raises it's head.

Watch some old documentaries on youtube or pick up a book. Actors are just glorified whores.

>guy was raped by his aunt
>also his best friend killed himself
>also the girl he likes was also raped
>and the gay guy gets beaten by his dad
Of course it's fucking contrived bullshit, did you really need to ask?