Why are american houses not build with stone?

Why? Stone is superior

Other urls found in this thread:

whc.unesco.org/en/list/734
youtube.com/watch?v=bjb7QtMEBUg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What's the point?

this is the part where you post pictures of an F5's aftermath

hurricanes

Glaubt ihr es ist möglich seinen eigenen kleinen Bauernhof zu haben? Mit einem Bauer der das ganze managed.

frisches Essen und wahrscheinlcih auch billliger
So 1 Huhn allein bringt mehr Eier als man essen kann
dann gemüse
ein rind

Houses built with stone wouldnt be destroyed by storms.

Willst du ein Bauer sein oder bloß parasitär auf seinem Hofe leben?

Letzteres wäre extrem unvölkisch und nicht gutzuheißen uezs.

junker bitte

Fuck off, obviously particle board houses are superior

Keins von beiden
Ich bin Eigentümer vom Hof, lebe aber bischen weiter weg und ein Bauer macht die Arbeit für mich

Ewww
I hate copy paste houses

There was a time when I loved those and disliked European mixed cities.
Now I hate those suburbs and big European cities are the best thing ever. The thought of having to drive everywhere is just so off-putting.

Because people in America are obsessed with the present. Why invest more money in a house that will last centuries when you can invest less money in a house that will last 3 years instead?

I don't believe you. 450km/h winds will rip the roof off regardless of what the house is made out of.

You saying you wouldn't move here?

every city in the US is full of brick and mortar terraced houses.

Because Americans want a dog and yard but most can't pay for an expensive stone house.

Population explosion plus the fact that Americans hate commieblocks is why we have wood homes. We have an abundance of lumber and a nation above us with even more lumber and more land that we know what to do with. That makes wood homes cheap and attractive for folks

Pic related

McMansions are so BORING

OK

It's because the American population is rather fluid

Rather than settling down and forming real communities tied to the land, Americans move around randomly in search of jobs living a life of pure individualism. Also, the demographics of different areas often change rapidly. You never know when you'll be forced to leave.

Also, families usually don't live together as a single unit, but rather split up across the map. You might have the parents living in one state, the kids in another. It's kind of sick when you think about it. Especially the way Americans abandon their elders and send them off to old people homes to die.

On the plus side these houses are very easy to remodel and customize to individual family that moves in

what is boring about them?

european housing is lame if I'm being honest. the US offers a greater variety of living choices.

Every house is the same no individuality so boring

Which one of these lovely homes would you pick?

Americans want stability and space. We don't mind losing a bit of individuality. Are you here to shitpost on American homes or do you really not understand why we like them?

What's the point of having those tiny pools?

But the way they style their lawns is completely different, can't you tell?

They look smaller from the air, trust me. They're a decent size.

That's what you say about your dick too XXXDDDD

It gets really hot there, in case you didn't notice. Mostly to sit in, and for kids to jump in and mess around

When something is unique, it has a higher price. When houses are all the same, their price is lower. Perfect for a homebuyer

>We don't mind losing a bit of individuality.

I do. Fuck suburban shitholes, they go against the very values we espouse.

Lawns are such a stupid idea.

Good post.

Stop posting american clone houses

Europeans don't want to live here? Why do they hate freedom?

I don't want to live near, see, or speak to any minorities. Suburbs are great for that.

whatthefuck does one architect designs one house and it gets copied 1000 times?

compare to Germany, look at how unfree they are. Sad

Is that really your biggest gripe with these houses? Why do you care that they all look the same. Take care of your house and style it the way you want.
My biggest gripe would be the fact that they're in the middle of nowhere and far away from any cultural or social places.

I can't just leave my house, walk 20 minutes on foot and be in a nice city, surrounded by all kinds of things.

Don't listen to Europoors, living in such a place is a dream

usually entire housing developments are made by a single company.

The houses are sold individually, but the housing development is like a single packaged product. Often these housing projects offer their own amenities, police services, road and sidewalk maintenance....etc (depends on the area of course). It's almost like a libertarian fantasy

Meanwhile Europe doesn't seem to understand the value of good burgers, pic related

IT'S A FUCKING DESERT

>Often these housing projects offer their own amenities, police services, road and sidewalk maintenance....etc (depends on the area of course). It's almost like a libertarian fantasy
interesting, is it very common? Here the city is responsible for these things

No they aren't. If you actually lived in the suburbs, you would know that there's a lot of racial minorities here.
This """"""town"""""" needs to be bulldozed. It's disgusting.

Because wood is abundant in North America, renewable, cheaper to rebuild after damage in tornado or hurricane prone areas, and actually the only affordable building material permitted in earthquake zones. There's nothing inherently wrong with wood, I just wish Americans valued building quality and taste a little more instead of making everything as large and as opulent looking as possible with the cheapest materials possible.

do these kind of suburbs have corner stores, restaurants, bars or something? or do you have to drive 10-20 mins to the mall everytime you need to buy something?

I should've been clearer, I don't want any interaction with poor violent minorities.

Symptomatic for Americans to attempt evading issues instead of resolving them.

>Why tackle social problems when everyone who can afford it can just move away from them and make them worse?

Usually a bunch of surrounding suburbs all funnel to a central shopping center location that has big chain retail stores offering stuff for very low prices. Your walmart's and costco's. There are of course local shops here and there for specialty stuff, but the primary service is provided by the big stores.

I think they don't, "zoning laws" and all that, that's how the whole walmart culture developed.

No, nearly all of them are entirely residential areas. You have to get in your car and drive a few km to either an actual town, a 'shopping plaza' (pic related), or a shopping mall to actually purchase anything.

It's a pretty widespread issue in this country, and means that nearly everyone is dependent on cars to get anywhere.

yeah a lot of this is for tax and traffic reasons.

If you place a store in the middle of a suburb, you'll have lots of traffic choking up the streets. Lots of noise and stuff. It's why the shopping area is kept separate from the residential districts.

There's a crucial image missing from this thread.

Is that in Japan or the US? Looks cozy.

WRONG

If you need to drive miles and miles to get anywhere significant, THAT'S when you'll have lots of traffic.

Americans have a much larger road network than us but still the same traffic per mile of it because you guys drive double the annual distance that we do. And it's not because you're doing cross country road trips all the time, but because it's 5 miles to the stores, 10 miles to the gym and 30 miles to work. I have two grocery stores in five minutes walking distance and half a dozen on my 2.5 miles drive to work. And I live in a semi-rural town, not a densely populated city.

I ran out of suburb pics so now I am posting /comfy/ Europe pics.
But yes that one is Japan

Pic related is America in the Victorian era

it's in Japan

whc.unesco.org/en/list/734

Yeah, zoning laws are pretty much responsible for urban sprawl. Retarded city planners think that nobody wants shops near them, so they create these giant areas where only residential, retail, or industrial buildings can be built.

You guys do know that most young Americans would kill for a house in the suburbs, right?

Millennials and Gen Z are either living with their parents or in crummy 1 and 2 bedroom apartments with no hope for the future. The idea of home ownership, even a "boring" house in a suburb is so far away from them it's comically tragic.

I don't want my tax dollars going towards trash who don't work. I don't want to share the same country with them

>I have two grocery stores in five minutes walking distance and half a dozen on my 2.5 miles drive to work.
But do you have stores like this? Or are your "stores" tiny little local shops?

Have you ever considered that people don't work because of the scarcity of paying jobs?

The developers in my town were slightly less retarded than normal, so I luckily have an intersection with about a mile down the road.

However, it's a pain in the ass to walk there, and I pretty much need to drive to get anywhere else.

This is pretty simple. First off, torandoes hitting towns is pretty uncommon to begin with. Second off, stone is expensive.

Look at this picture. It's a tiny ass farming community called Hazelton. It's in Kansas. You think anyone in this tiny ass town can afford shit like that?

When most people talk about "minorities" in this context they're talking about blacks. Who bring tons of drugs, crime, and other social issues. Blacks have destroyed practically all of America's major cities.

Whites in America are on a constant quest to keep away from blacks. Every time blacks move in, they move out. Even very liberal whites do this. It's a phenomenon known as "white flight"

This makes me feel uneasy

the best thing about costco are these teddys

Truemanshow

I love how euros seem to think that a tornado is just a really strong thunderstorm.

little boxes on the hill side, little boxes made of tiki taki little boxes on the hill side little boxes all the same...

>Living in a soulless neighbourhood

Never understood the appeal 2bh

They either really ignorant or trolling.

>Whites in America are on a constant quest to keep away from blacks. Every time blacks move in, they move out. Even very liberal whites do this. It's a phenomenon known as "white flight"

Maybe the reason communities are in decline is not because of the blacks moving in, but the whites moving out.

What's the point of stores like that? The only reason you'd buy a year's supply of whipping cream is because the stores are so far away you only have time to go there once a month. I can stop by a store to pick up a few items whenever I want because they're not actually out of my way. Hell, I could live without a car if I wanted and pick up a few groceries with a backpack every day on my way home on a bicycle, and maybe I should because I severly lack some physical exercise.

See and

>why do people with different lifestyles do things differently than me it doesn't make sense

Looks like a refugee camp

I love cities: skylines

>money always selfishly moves out, all charity in the US is just a lip service to make yourself feel better
>WHY ARE ALL THE REMAINDERS POOR

Suburbs are perfect for me and my lifestyle

because they are top consumers they want bigger, faster, stronger

>The most extreme tornadoes can attain wind speeds of more than 300 miles per hour (480 km/h), are more than two miles (3 km) in diameter, and stay on the ground for dozens of miles (more than 100 km).
Sounds like your average every day storm to me

youtube.com/watch?v=bjb7QtMEBUg

cheaper and more convenient if you have a family. their return policy is good too, people eat stuff dont like it and return it for full price.. even for milk and stuff

a costco just opened up in Iceland and its forcing all the prices in the country, even gas prices, to fall quite a bit

You're the type of person that would want to increase your criminally high tax rate for muslim migrants "because it's the right thing to do" aren't you?

>torandoes hitting towns is pretty uncommon to begin with
But that's just purely coincidence or is there (which I doubt) a meteorological factor that makes the formation of tornadoes in cities less likely?

Walmart tried to get into Germany but was driven out over horrid employment conditions, creepy corporate identity and soulless size. I imagine Costco being no different, only with a less used up name.

>obvious strawman argument

Costco is pretty different from Walmart. More Ike you take a cart and load up what you can afford/fit in your car and go home. Walmart is soulless and creepy

They are cheaper. They have economies of scale, meaning you can buy far more for far less money

Also, these mega corporations have cozy relationship with the government, and can offshore labor in china and import products very cheaply in comparison to all their competitors

I'm not wrong though.

No, I'm just smart enough for the train of thought that wealth inequality causes poverty, and poverty causes crime, and crime lowers the life quality of everyone in its surroundings. And by my estimation your social policies are too weak and Germany's are alright in volume, but too easily accessible to outsiders. A strong social state only works with strong borders, but a strong social state in itself is not a bad thing. What's the point of having a few hundred bucks more a year when you have to lock yourself into a gated neighborhood and have to stay out of certain parts of town? That's not life quality to me.

How do you like ALDI?

American backyards are small

Good for them, they're killing the small business of Arlen.

Good question deutsche user, I think the desire is to build quickly and charge alot of money thereby making more money for the economy. For some reason we are using these cheaply constructed houses to build the bedrock of ours and the global economy.

On the bright side they are easily repaired and replaced when damaged.

Unfortunately for those in the way of fires, tornadoes, and hurricanes, the lives within are not so easily replaced.

Stone would be shit in earthquake land.

Blacks commit over 50% of the murders in the US. Despite the fact that there are twice as many whites in poverty

Black schools receive more funding than any other school districts, they are still absolute nightmares with rock-bottom graduation rates. Nobody is starving in America, the biggest problem with our poor people is obesity.

Believe me, there are tons and tons of programs to help these people.

That anyone who thinks Americans should plan their cities better is a communist SJW that sucks refugee dick?

American urban planning is absolute shit. This is something that people all over the world recognize

Just in terms of the general layout of the buildings, the zoning, the efficiency of the roadways. It's really bad

yes, we have stores like these
also within 10 min driving distance, zero traffic and i dont spend more than 5 mins in a queue. Because we have so many small local stores everywhere that people dont need to gather in just one spot to buy their supplies

Die.

>Believe me, there are tons and tons of programs to help these people.
Of which are clearly ineffectual, you braindead Sup Forumstard.
Love it how the government is great and powerful when it comes to people you don't like but weak and incompetent when it comes to your own issues.

Seek death.

We're more tranisent than Germans, it doesn't make sense for us to put that much money into a house

costco is a lot different from walmart. they actually treat their employees really good and their prices are really low and carry a lot of stuff that might be hard to find elsewhere for a lot cheaper

This is what serves as our "small local stores". Usually you find these on the corner of a suburb, along with a gas station.

You can buy candy, trinkets, drinks....etc. No real groceries or anything though.
Where my town is, we do have a few community shops here and there, but hardly anyone goes there. Most people spend all their money at the big stores