I just finished this movie. I havent cried in over 20 years yet i dont know why tears started flowing after watching it...

I just finished this movie. I havent cried in over 20 years yet i dont know why tears started flowing after watching it, non stop.

Anyone else had an experience like this? I dont understand.

Cool under the radar movie.

My super conservative Christian dad shed a tear or two when we watched it.

Yes Man from Earth is the ultimate pleb detector.

It's for people like who feel "smart" after watching it without realising how fucking atrocious it is.
It's like a bad cheesy B movie from the 90s. The only redeeming factor is the intriguing backstory, literally every other film element is utter dogshit.

From the mexican telenovela like acting, generic stock soundtrack, no character development, no actual dialogue just a long exposition Q&A throughout, constant boring back to back camerawork, no use of the one room, no creative lighting, a side love story pulled out of the ass, most cliche character traits, literally everything. I had to look up twice that it actually was from 2007, not early 90s.
This shit shouldn't even be a movie, it should be a book or a play. Or given to some other director because Richard Schenkman doesn't even know what a director is.
Just look at any other movie in his profile, everything is a meme (pic related)

And don't tell me they had no budget, 200 000$ is not small budget for this kind of movie. There are far superior movies with half the budget of that.

This movie has no artistic value whatsoever. It is just an excuse to make money from the script.
You will never see a renowned director admire this movie because there is nothing to admire except the concept.

Just try to compare this movie to let's say 12 Angry Men, both set in one room. The difference is almost laughable.

I will shill this hate forever, fucking schenkmanshit.

Autism.

>acting
>soundtrack
>long exposition Q&A
>camerawork
>no one room
>lighting
honestly I don't give a fuck about all of that

rented the movie back in the day. felt the feels when he mentioned he met someone like him but lost contact 100 years ago

ty

lol holy shit calm down

Non militant atheist here. Saw this movie recommended on an IMDB message board while reading about a time travel movie. It's basically like watching a play in your home. The whole movie more or less takes place in a few rooms. Moderately interesting story (I love Richard Riehle) this is a movie worth watching/10.

Showed to my dad and his gf who don't regularly attend church but are christians and they enjoyed it.

What the fuck do you watch movies for then?

This user is right.
>All the replies from butthurt plebs
You're the reason the best sci-fi on tv is fucking piece of shit black mirror

>replying to yourself

Sad!

>Non militant atheist here

lol, pussy

prepare your kinoanus

in after antischenkman turboautist
inb4 the succ

>yfw there's a scene where they ask about pregnancy and birth and all the complications that came with it in ancient times
>conversation inevitably moves onto sex
>John leans back in his chair and pauses with a slight smirk
>leans in
>extreme close up
>"I INVENTED THE SUCC"
>John starts spazzing out
>face like pic related
>he's cumming and farting everywhere
>gusts of wind blow the windows in
>he truly was a Man From Earthâ„¢

does it make me a pleb if i'm this easily swayed by criticism? i really liked Man from Earth but after reading this post i realize it's pretty bad.

someone convince me otherwise plz i really wanna like this movie -_-

this
nice

It's preddy good. Try whenever I can to get people to watch it. Not a lot of people get out of it what I did though.
People that are obsessed with this, "exposition is evil" nonsense need to jump in a lake. It's just another manner of conveying information, no, it's not for everyone, but just because it irks a few people, especially critics, doesn't make it bad - just not to your taste.

It'll be shit because oldman really is a fucking old man now.

Just so you guys know this is pasta made up of all the posts from the butthurt autist in the last thread.

You're a piece of shit user. It told a good story and that's what matters, could have been a stage play or a radio drama but this was the easiest way to get it out there.

jumping in a lake is fun, harmless, and refreshing

You're on the correct path

Absolutely this. It's a Sup Forums or reddit tier movie. Mouthbreathers invariably think it's great and "smart".

Can't someone just enjoy a guy telling a story? Without being thinking it's so smart or being a smug fuck?

Anyone who felt anything after watching this abortion should be hanged in the streets and then set on fire. This movie was nothing, and only nothing people liked it.

>tears started flowing
Literally just rolled on the floor laughing. Throw yourself off a skyscraper.

Nope. Back to Sup Forums.

Yes it's a great movie. Plebs will never understand

no

I'm probably twice your age and loved camp fire stories growing up so fuck you and your millennial ideals. It was a good yarn and I enjoyed it.

Agreed with this fine gentleman.

The movie is aids.

Protip: Being older than other people on a site inhabited by people incapable of growing out of adolescence isn't a badge of honor.

You enjoyed it because you're simple.

Once you accept that it is more "a play on film" than a movie, then it is a good watch. Especially when so many people decry the lack of original ideas these days.

>original idea
>literally a rehash of a Star Trek episode ripped off from a Twilight Zone episode

You're missing my point entirely. Just keep acting like a smug child user.

No. I got your point. I'm sorry that you're confusing genuine superiority for smugness. One would've thought someone as old and wise as you would've learned to shrug this sort of thing off instead letting it get under his skin (as it obviously has). Try blaming yourself for being a simple yokel instead of others for calling you out on it.

You're still missing the point.

The story, other things are less important.

Stop sulking, babby boy. Go watch some sports or something. I hear you people love that.

S U C C

U

C

C

This movie was terrible.

is this some reddit thing? I only ever see it posted in these threads.

>It told a good story and that's what matters, could have been a stage play or a radio drama but this was the easiest way to get it out there.
This.

Granted, personally I think the best medium for it would probably have been to release it as a novel, but considering that this was a kid's work of passion to do right by a story his dad wrote, the same dad who worked on television shows; it makes sense that they'd film it. Both to honour his chosen medium, and because barely anyone reads anymore thanks to 80% of bookstore shelves being filled with school related novels and the hippest new young adult shit.

You could be right but since I liked it I don't give a shit.

It's the ultimate patrician detector, redditors and capecucks can't watch it because it doesn't have obvious heroes and villains, it doesn't have capes or cucks, it isn't 99.9852% CGI

it's just a good story, that's what patricians look for, plebians thinks that capecuck movies like avengers or other 125215521251221 shitty marvel movies are good, when there's literally the same story over and over and over with different characters