Watching this character, all I can think is how bitter and insecure Paul Feig is...

Watching this character, all I can think is how bitter and insecure Paul Feig is. It wasn't even an attempt to make the guy look like a lovable idiot. It just looks like he thinks all good looking guys that take care of themselves are dumb as rocks.

He's admitted that in his youth he never got along with other guys who apparently picked on him. Also raised by his mother.

but why do you care
its a shit movie
if it had good things it would be a good movie

i bet you like ghostbusters 2

Kinda like how hot women have been portrayed in Hollywood for years you FUCKING WHITE MALE!

That obviously pissed him off.

I bet you make assumptions about strangers, like a complete cunt.

It's a pretty simple gender-reversal of the dumb hot blonde secretary cliche. At worst, he's lazy.

Aren't hot women usually scientists and stuff in movies?
The exception being fem Ghostbusters.

No, blondes used to be portrayed as ditzy. This guy is literally severely retarded. Every scene.

>white
>attractive

this is where he fucked up

Like Amanda Seyfried's character in Mean Girls?

>Watching
I read the first word and already figured out where you fucked up

Like I said, lazy. Writing a character that's ditzy but still funny probably takes some effort, it's significantly easier to just make that character borderline retarded. It's a problem that lot of comedy movies and tv shows seem to have.

Yeah, but Mean Girls was written by a woman. It also played on tropes and cliches.

You mean a teenage girl character?
In a film with several teenage girl characters who don't act like retards?

no NO don't you get it? its an ATTACK on MASCULINITY AND MALES!!!!
institutionalized misandry to keep men everywhere down! the JOOZ dont want men to have a positive role model because they want everyone to subscribe to blacked!!! TAKE UR REDPILL KEK OLD LIBBYS!!!!!!!!!!!

it's just one character in the movie, it's not like all the good looking people in that movie were retards

I was actually thinking he might be the one saving grace in the movie, and holy fuck, he turned out to be the worst thing in it. He was so fucking awful.

They fucking kill Bill Murray. Feig is so bitter he would rather drive a movie into the ground than make a film for everyone.

The fact that this character is so obviously supposed to be an analog for GB's Janine is just sad. While not a scientist she is certainly not stupid and brings her own sense of snarky humor to the movie and also even flirts with Egon.

Hemsworth's character in comparison is just there to be ogled and ridiculed and can't even do his job right.

It goes beyond not doing his job right. He literally doesn't know to answer the phone when it's ringing right in front of him. In more than one scene. People like Feig need to be euthanized.

Why does everything have to be a conspiracy with you guys? Doesn't it make more sense that this movie just had really bad writers? After all, the black character was an obscenely offensive walking stereotype, but I doubt most anons on Sup Forums would treat this as evidence of an anti-black agenda in Hollywood.

>Doesn't it make more sense that this movie just had really bad writers?

Guess who wrote Ghostbusters 2016 user, come on guess.

>After all, the black character was an obscenely offensive walking stereotype, but I doubt most anons on Sup Forums would treat this as evidence of an anti-black agenda in Hollywood.

Probably because Sup Forums thinks they are the most coddled of all ethnicities in Hollywood, if there needs to be a raceswap WOW IT'S A BLACK PERSON WHAT A COINKY DINK.

Also, that is 100% how Leslie Jones acts in real life, she's not acting.

>ghostbusters
>bad movie

Did you watch the movie? Leslie Jones' character was the only good one out of the four, and she's not yelling and acting sassy at all times. Clearly you only watched the trailer.

It's blatantly obvious what's going on. I mean people are rioting because someone they didn't like was elected president. We're gonna end up becoming Sweden, or Canada.

I know it's bait, but this shit is a prime example of all the bias.

>create a character for the sole purpose of shitting on him
>they end up being the most likable character
>they end up having the only funny moment in the movie.

Which moment? I haven't laughed once, and I really can't stand his character. The movie is high-octane cringe fuel.

>Ghostbusters flopped
>Mirror's Edge 2 flopped
>Mighty no. 9 flopped
>Hulkamania ran wild on Gawker
>Brexit won
>Trump won

What a fucking great year it's been. It practically makes up for the deaths of Bowie, Prince, Angus Scrimm, and Alan Rickman.

One of the women grabs a roll out of his hand and throws it away. Someone offscreen throws it back to him, he catches it and just resumes eating.

It wasnt the best thing ever but it was the only gag in the movie that didnt make me want to die.

>disagreeing with the holy page of taste

You tell 'em! Now tend to your bull.

honestly with a surname like feig he's gonna be easy pickings

The only joke that stuck with me was.

>"Why do you want to destroy the world? There's lots of beautiful things in it, like...soup...and...uh...help me out here."
>"...salad"

That is literally the only part of the movie that I really remember, and I don't even think that I'm remembering that right.

There's also the fact that he's a colossally obvious closeted homosexual.

It doesn't make the future any safer from liberal fascists.

>all the SJW/LGBTBBQ posts about Prince's death
>none of these retards knew he hated the gays and was a hardcore Jehovah's Witness or whatever

>LOOK I HATE GHOSTBUSTERS
>LOOK THE CAST AND CREW ARE FAGS
Had you actually seen the film you'd realise that it is not that bad

I literally was watching it when I made the thread. It just ended, and I think I chuckled once, but I can't even remember what made me chuckle. It was 99.9% cringe. There was no point where Hemsworth got any better. He made the ghost dumber, for fucks sake.

It was as good as the original but in a different way and call me whatever but the all fem cast helped. It was a good movie, get over it

name one good thing about it (besides the dykes)

I don't have to call you anything. You're either incapable of looking at thing objectively, or you have very bad taste.

>It was a good movie, get over it

Subtle, I like your style.

The pathetic irony is his character is insulting to the original Jeanine, who was a good interesting quirky female character.

>It just looks like he thinks all good looking guys that take care of themselves are dumb as rocks.

Where was your bitching when 30 Rock did it first?

>quirky

kys reddit

He's right though. Even RLM (who fucking skewered Fembusters) said Leslie Jones was one of the best things about it because she had actual character. People who never saw the movie are saying she was just a useless black stereotype, but she actually had more utility in the movie than Winston.

Her knowledge of the city actually did help.

>kys reddit

kys reddit

He's talking about Hemsworth.

Anyone remember the email leak where Fieg talks about the dance scene? About how it was specifically done to make the "tough guy" army men look like idiots and sissies? Hahahah fucking hell, Paul. Get over your bullying. Get therapy.

30 rock had a wide variety of male interpretation. Jacky D is pretty much the epitome of male sharpness, attractiveness and refinement even in older age. Ghostbusters was literally every man is portrayed in a bad light. The best one was chris hemsworth and he was dumb as a fucking brick
I havent seen it and im not going to fuck you

>Ghostbusters was literally every man is portrayed in a bad light

So just like the original, except for Winston.

>Ghostbusters was literally every man is portrayed in a bad light.

Calling bullshit. Literally everyone outside the Ghostbusters core team was portrayed negatively, including women.

you're making the right choice. The only reason I watched it is because I'm rooming with someone who rented it.
Vinkman was quirky, Egon was a genius, Ray was smart, Winston was a working joe.

The scene where slimer steals Ecto-1 and goes on a joyride was pretty good.

What wave of feminist does that make me?

>Winston was a working joe.

The point of Janine is that the founding ghostbusters are such manchildren that they pick a secretary who isn't aggressively sexual or too attractive. It's obvious with Ray and Egon, but Venkman also pussies out when Dana turns into succubus supreme. Winston is again the odd one out.

>be Paul Feig an unsuccessful actor with a terrible last name
>get fired off your biggest television break as the JUST teacher on Sabrina the Teen Witch
>your pitched show about how you were a loser in high school gets greenlighted but the network hates it so Freaks and Geeks is cancelled after 10 episodes and only hipsters remember it
>try to be film director but no one watches your shitty comedies
>after Hangover becomes big success pitch to have a female ensemble in Bridesmaids and Hollywood throws you a bone
>become success overnight because normie Amerifats identify with McCarthy and show up to set with tacky faggy suits to stand out
>ride the McCarthy train by cranking out shitty "female interest" raunchy comedies because only thing that made you
>happily help Amy Pascal fuck over Ivan Reitman's beloved 80's classic and remake it into something that will piss off fans because who needs their money?
>troll fans on Twitter and use SJW's as your army against anyone who thinks the trailer looks like shit and hence the movie is shit
>online reviewers inflate Rotten Tomatoes scores but despite that no one sees your POS and it bombs
>Paul Feig will never direct another 150 million plus film in Hollywood again

>Vinkman was a liar, scammer, womanizer and potential rapist
>Egon was a nerdy stereotype with 0 social skills
>Ray was a manchild that got pushed and used around by everyone
>the manlet dog guy was a pathetic loser version of Woody Allen's characters
>walter peck was an arrogant asshole that caused only problems

yeah, really upstanding examples of what the male world can offer

Winston was literally the only normal and good one

The movie really is just a quest for masculinity. The amount of sexual imagery and symbolism is off the charts, you can probably find more on every rewatch.

>Being this triggered about shitbusters
I dont believe you're white, or male, lashawnda.

>Mirrors Ege Two flopped
Well, we were guaranteed to disagree about one of these things being good, but other than that, yeah. 2016 has been great.